Farren Ray requests trade

Remove this Banner Ad

So what you just said is Farren is not a first round draft pick. But rather, a former high draft pick who has yet to fulfil his potential. Michael Gardiner was a former #1 pick, John Meeson, Luke Brennan etc etc were all former first round picks as well. Would Essendon accept any of them?

Flaw in your logic.

What's the news over there? Which eastern state club is likely to make an offer?

Very good. :D

I was making a small joke September Glory, scottwade got it, see.
As for Melbourne clubs sniffing around, too early to tell but there's a few rumours floating about Collingwood, also Melbourne and Essendon mentioned.
Oh yeah FWIW I don't think Lovett's worth a real 1st round draft pick but Ray would be closer to the mark.

Simple.

Dogs Lose: Ray and 2nd rounder
Dogs Gain: Eagles 2nd rounder.

Upgrade like, 11-12 picks in round 2 seems very fair to me.

Farren Ray 1 for 1 trades

I think that we Dogs supporters have overrated Rays value in the past.
Based on this years performance, I think early 3rd round pick is what
we might get.
Straight player trade, I rate him similar value to:
Campbell (Freo)
Fisher (Blues)
Lovett (Dons)
C. Jones (North)
X. Clarke (Saints)
Schultz (Tigers)
Boyle (Hawks)
R. Shaw (Pies)
I named these particular players because I think they will all be shopped
around in trade week. I know there will be people who disagree, but I
think the market will tell us that some one will be willing to give early
to mid 3rd round for these players and no one will give much more.
I don't particularly want any of these players at the Dogs, but will
feel we have done ok if we end up with Campbell, Boyle or Schultz.
I would prefer to try to get Barry Hall, but I doubt if we can get a deal done.
If the thread intrests you, please add other players that may be of the
same value.

Re: Farren Ray 1 for 1 trades

Ray isn't quite a lock in your best 22, whereas Fisher is in ours, even if he had a poor season this year. H

That means SFA our best 22 is far superior to your best 22. You take out Judd, Stevens and the Tanking crew you've got nothing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Re: Farren Ray 1 for 1 trades

Good point mate, if you take out the best players from any team they would have have nothing. Got anymore words of wisdom?

Ok need to talk slowly to you...our mid range and lower end players are far superior to Carlton's.

Carlton's list drops off very quickly after their stars and 1st Rounders. I.e there is a large gap between their good and poor players and not many middling guys. So they have nothing of trade value to give us.

Geettt iiittt. :rolleyes:

No bloody way. Sure Lovett may have some off-field issues, but he also helps win matches. Ray is the equivalent of Ricky Dyson.

Dyson for Ray would be fair.

Lovett helped win a couple of matches but is ill disciplined and is predominantly a downhill skier. I would hope Essendon secure an upgraded draft choice or a second rounder but I think Lovett and Ray are pretty similar in value.

Lovett helped win a couple of matches but is ill disciplined and is predominantly a downhill skier. I would hope Essendon secure an upgraded draft choice or a second rounder but I think Lovett and Ray are pretty similar in value.

Lovett has some discipline issues, and can fade in and out, but I would argue he downhill skier bit. He's as likely to turn it on when we need it as he is when we're in front. The major difference between him and Ray is that his possions hurt the opposition, both with his disposal and his ability to break the lines, and that he kicks goals.

Additionally, I suspect you put Lovett in the doggies midfield and his possession rate would go up.

Remove this Banner Ad

Farren Ray requests trade

Remove this Banner Ad

Back