News Fas Taking Time off for Depression

Remove this Banner Ad

To me the key is that he asked, was told no on medical advice, and then went ahead and did that anyway.

That is what should get him sacked. He was told. He cannot plead ignorance.

He is nothing more than a smirking ambulatory pustule.
I don't particularly like smirking ambulatory pustules.

If it was true, I doubt he would be waiting until the end of the year, considering his illness, he would be home now
Sounds a bit like the 'obvious' solution...which may not be the case.
May have nothing to do with missing family/friends/Perth.
Someone has simply added 1+1 to arrive at that conclusion.
Time will tell.
If he does decide to return home, then the best of luck to him (& hopefully we would recieve a good/reasonable deal).

It does seem a little odd doesn't it? In these kind of cases you'd usually assume that the player would take leave to spend time with loved ones, but Fas stayed in Melbourne and kept training. That doesn't sound like a case of homesickness to me.

Hypothetically though, if he did want home, I think we'd manage without him, particularly if Kirby keeps developing as he is. In fact, Kirby could well end up being an upgrade, having all of Fas' tricks in the air in addition to good crumbing ability and a really solid defensive game.

Yeah, he had every opportunity to go home for a while and he didn't take it. Depression notwithstanding, I think he might be happier here in Melbourne.

Kirby's potential wouldn't be just gap-filling, he can give us something we don't currently have: an instinctive crumbing player who is also strong overhead, and an offensive weapon who can apply bone-crushing defensive pressure.

Along with WHE, a fit Elliott, some mid-turned-forward options, and a developing Kirby, we may well have that small-mid forward aspect covered in the hypothetical absence of Fasolo. Having said that, I still think he has a part to play for now, and I still don't think he's hit the heights he capable of. He might never hit those heights, but for good or for ill I reckon he'll still be at Collingwood next year.

Remove this Banner Ad

News Fas Taking Time off for Depression

Remove this Banner Ad

Back