Fast Food

Remove this Banner Ad

Maccas burgers always look better in the ads than they are in reality, I only ever get a breakfast from them which is pretty good.

Hungry Jacks burgers aren't much better apart from their Whoppers, the rest of their burgers like the grill masters ones are trash.

Maccas burgers always look better in the ads than they are in reality, I only ever get a breakfast from them which is pretty good.

Hungry Jacks burgers aren't much better apart from their Whoppers, the rest of their burgers like the grill masters ones are trash.

People have jobs as 'make up artists' to make food look really good in ads.

People have jobs as 'make up artists' to make food look really good in ads.
Pretty much all food related companies do that.

Something like 8 of McDonald's top 10 selling items are beverages. Not sure what it's like in Australia, but they push their $1 coffee and Summer Drink Days over here.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fired up the app today and got that Sml Cheeserbuger meal and extra Big Mac for $8.95. Was shocked to see a cheeseburger now costs $5.30 on it's own. Mackers having a laugh
Yeah absurd hey. Cost me $10 on the weekend for my wife and I to have one. Saves me from getting them too regularly at least.

You always used to justify fast food with it's crap but it's cheap, that justification has long flown the coop.

Even the semi prepared food is cheaper and more nutritious. A bachelor's handbag roast chicken is $12. Combine with some veg or salad with rice or noodles you are feeding a family for $20, compared to processed crap for $50.

Used to have a pretty unhealthy relationship with fast food. Would eat Hungry Jacks weekly. Sometimes twice a week. KFC 2-3 times monthly. Red Rooster and McDonalds fairly regularly. When I wasn't going to these places I was going to Charcoal Chicken, Subway, GYG, Kebab shops, Fish and Chips etc.

Can safely say I probably only eat 'fast food' once every 2 months now. Usually when I'm hungover or out drinking. The other stuff maybe once every 2 weeks. I still go to McDonalds fairly regularly for a coffee but always avoid eating food there.

I miss it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Fast Food

Remove this Banner Ad

Back