Fastest player of all time

Remove this Banner Ad

Jarrod Harbrow is friggen quick!
David King was quick with the ball as was Winston Abraham!
Loved watching blokes like Peter Matera, Rohan Smith and Stuart Maxfield charging down the wings and starting another forward thrust!

Peter Matera guys, I can't remember too many opponents catching him when he went for a run. Must have been why he scored 5 goals from a wing in the 92 GF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

well whats the fastest results at a draft camp?

Agility Test: 7.77 - Stephen Hill
20m Sprint: 2.79 - Danyle Pearce
Repeat Sprint: 23.59 - Chris Kangars

Apparently David Gourdis got 2.3 in the 20m sprint... and thats coming from a dude who is 195cm

Peter Matera guys, I can't remember too many opponents catching him when he went for a run. Must have been why he scored 5 goals from a wing in the 92 GF

Matera looked fast, but wasn't the fastest. Guy McKenna and Ashley McIntosh were easily faster during pre-season time trials at West Coast.

I'ts called evolution, mate. Haven't you noticed how kids are much bigger today than they were when you were at school? As each generation improves they are passing on stronger genes down the line. I thought it was a well know fact?

sorry jim but thats not evolution. evolution is that gracual change overtime as certain genes are favoured and others are eventually bread out. Evolution is a very slow process and takes millions of years. The latest evidence suggests that recent changes in the height of children in recent years a due predominantly to impovements in healthcare, nutrition and the presence of growth hormones in food (EG Chicken)

Sorry to upset you

increases in speed would have to do more with the greater proffessionalism in the game

That i've seen - Michael Mitchell

That i've heard about from anecdotal evidence - Austin Robertson Snr or Jnr and Treva McGregor.

Aaargh! Bet me to it! I was going to nominate Austin Robertson.

For those who don't know, he was a footballer from WA late 20's-30s who was also a Pro runner (there was no chance of running in the Olympics then if you were a pro). Played for the Bloods, but his running career was always first priority.
He won the World Pro running Champs which used to be a very big event (the only way you could make real money if you were a runner).

Apparently, his times (as recorded on the pro circuit, not 'My brother heard that one night he ran in sandshoes in Royal park.....') meant that he was possibly The Fastest man In the World - he called his book that.

His son was very handy too - interestingly, for someone who was so quick, he played as a full forward. Actually, it might have been his son's book - I forget.

Anyway, Jnr also became Kerry Packer's No 1 for organising and running World Series Cricket.

There have been quite a few fotballers win/do very well in the Stawell Gift over the years.

I'll name Barry Besanko who played for Essendon in the 1980. Has a 20.6 Hand timed 200m to his name. Barry's brother Neil payed for St Kilda and Essendon in the 70s/80s and could run a bit too.

diablo14, you beat me to it in nominating Michael Mitchell. Go to 0:35 of this video
[YOUTUBE]R4IYK8dNzIQ[/YOUTUBE]

He could run like Superman and fly like him too. :p go to 4:21

[YOUTUBE]x9spZ1YBAeU[/YOUTUBE]

Remove this Banner Ad

Fastest player of all time

Remove this Banner Ad

Back