Father & Son & Academy Prospects

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 14, 2012
Goldfingers
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Anything involving CROATIA & M.City
Is it just me or has Richmond FC been duded in the father son department?

Where is our G.Ablet, J.Viney, J.Daniher etc etc

Does anyone know of any potential sons coming from the juniors that we can all get excited about?

Well we've had some Cracker Jack father son picks over the years cheap roll, like Richo, Joel Bowden, David Bourke and Mark Pitura. But I think the club made quite a few of our players from the late 80 s and early 90s sign a contract not to breed. :eek:

So it might be a while before we see the great father son production line come back on line.

The great Dale Weightman, surely in the top 5 rovers of all time, has a son called Kyle and there were big wraps on him early. But that was a while ago now. Same with Tony Free's son. I'm thinking it will be pretty lean for a while. :eek:

From a 2008 thread, so add 6 years
wayne campbell - has a young4 year old named Ian , great left foot but needs to fill outsome more
mathew knights - 2 boys Jeremy and Reece both under 5 and last spotted wearing bombers jumpers
dale Weightman - has 3 boys none of them play football instead have a deep love for Dungeons and Dragons I think Cogga Rules is one of them
brendan gale - daughters
merv keane - daughters
mark lee - no kids
bryan wood - Son has ability might get picked next year
darren gasper - 2 boys Ceryl and Derick both support Swans but one plays a mean Banjo
matthew rogers - no kids
duncan kellaway - 1 boy just got rid of his training wheels and is a ball of muscle
andrew kellaway - one boy Craig but is banned from Richmond games after delisting
paul broderick - daughters
mark chaffey - daughters
barry rowlings - All grown up had no ability
jeff hogg - daughter
scott turner - one son but is playing basketball on a scholarship in Italy
chris naish - no kids
michael pickering - some kids not sure if they are boys because he makes them wear Bhurka's similar to Michael Jacksons kids
tony free - one son plays golf no interest in Footy
phil egan - daughters
craig lambert - one son , already signed for the Lions at 12 years of age.
emmett dunne - not sure
brian leys - not sure
cris bond - no kids
nick daffy -no kids
Thats all I can remember off the top of my head

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ray Hall has two twin boys. Both big lads and tiger fans. I read a story about them last year when they talked about the PNG and Gideon Simon connection (Ray Hall works with alot of the PNG boys). I think the boys were 9 or 10 so a little while a way still.

Not that it matters as Ray Hall played 99 games for the Tigers. :p

Since that post Nuffers Chris Bond had twin boys Mark and Harvey. Have a guess who their God Father is? They'll end up at Freo or Brisbane if they are any good.

I'm not sure if you're being serious, but how will they end up at Freo or Brisbane?? Doesn't matter where Mark Harvey is or where Chris Bond is, just that Bond only played over the 100 games with the Tigers.

Ray Hall has two twin boys. Both big lads and tiger fans. I read a story about them last year when they talked about the PNG and Gideon Simon connection (Ray Hall works with alot of the PNG boys). I think the boys were 9 or 10 so a little while a way still.

Not that it matters as Ray Hall played 99 games for the Tigers. :p

If they are any good just roll Dad out for one more game as a rookie in 6 or 7 years (that or get them as international scholarships if Big Rayzor is still in PNG)

I'm not sure if you're being serious, but how will they end up at Freo or Brisbane?? Doesn't matter where Mark Harvey is or where Chris Bond is, just that Bond only played over the 100 games with the Tigers.

Mark Harvey has played well over 100 games of VFL / AFL Footy probably close to 300!

I think planning ahead is the key here ... Richo .. get out there and start throwing your leg over .. we need half a dozen young Richardson colts on the way pronto ... do it for the team :p

I always used to say to my ex... the only guy you're allowed to cheat on me with is Richo, and that's only if you have boys! Actually she used to get a bit of a gleam in her eye thinking about it!

Well we've had some Cracker Jack father son picks over the years cheap roll, like Richo, Joel Bowden, David Bourke and Mark Pitura. But I think the club made quite a few of our players from the late 80 s and early 90s sign a contract not to breed. :eek:

So it might be a while before we see the great father son production line come back on line.

HAHAHAHA......HA HAHAHAHAHAHA

Went to high school and played junior footy with Mark Pitura , gee he was quick and could kick it a mile. Always used to wear head gear though which was strange because he was 6ft 2.

In under 15's against South Wagga Tolland Dons he kicked it out to himself from full back and ran , bounced and evaded the length of the field to kick a goal . Amazing to see in hind sight but we were dirty with him at the time for not honouring our leads. I was playing Full Forward. We had Heath Mooney , Cam Mooneys older brother in that side he was an awesome player and awesome bloke.

Remove this Banner Ad

Father & Son & Academy Prospects

Remove this Banner Ad

Back