Father & Son & Academy Prospects

Remove this Banner Ad

Bump.

I got bored so I googled all our 100 gamers and then googled all the ones in the right time frame (soooooo bored) Some say they have kids but don’t specify gender and others weren’t all that google-able (hello Kellaway bros).

Charlie Naish - U16s Ivanhoe/Knights
Owen Torney - In the Suns academy 😡 U15s
Archie Daffy - U14s Geelong West giants

Players with sons (either I don’t know if they play or are too young)

Sonny (b2014) & Spencer (b2017) Grigg, William Holland 5yo, Kane Johnson x 2 sons (also crows eligible), Jack&William Ottens (Cats eligible), Donovan Gale, Will Tuck, Parker Cotchin, Mohammed Houli

Ones that don’t specify

Krakouer, Campbell, Bowden

Feel free to add

(Geez we’d have a record setting haul of father/daughters if even half of them play footy lol)

will stay at sun
If he has grown up on the sunshine coast he will more likely nominate the Suns. I think most draftees would prefer to stay in the same state/city where their friends and family are. The added benefit is that there would be less pressure due to the AFL not being as popular in the Northern States.

Bump.

I got bored so I googled all our 100 gamers and then googled all the ones in the right time frame (soooooo bored) Some say they have kids but don’t specify gender and others weren’t all that google-able (hello Kellaway bros).

Charlie Naish - U16s Ivanhoe/Knights
Owen Torney - In the Suns academy 😡 U15s
Archie Daffy - U14s Geelong West giants

Players with sons (either I don’t know if they play or are too young)

Sonny (b2014) & Spencer (b2017) Grigg, William Holland 5yo, Kane Johnson x 2 sons (also crows eligible), Jack&William Ottens (Cats eligible), Donovan Gale, Will Tuck, Parker Cotchin, Mohammed Houli

Ones that don’t specify

Krakouer, Campbell, Bowden

Feel free to add

(Geez we’d have a record setting haul of father/daughters if even half of them play footy lol)

Pretty sure Krakouer and Campbell have daughters only.

I don’t get the fuss with FS’s
Just select the best kid available.
We just won 3 flags without one
Because if they are a top tier talent we get prime access to sign them at a discount in the draft

Especially when you consider some of the best players in the comp have been father son picks

Richo, Ablett, J Brown, Scarlet, Watson, Shaw, Hawkins, Tuck, Libbba, Kennedy, Shaw

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm not sure, but I think he nominates which club can bid on him.

Exactly, the kid nominates and that's it. So if he is in an academy he's got talent. How much no idea.

Right now you'd say the Tigers look a more likely candidate than the Suns. But who knows. And will his dad stay there? He might get job back in Vic, then he's ours most likely. Who knows really. At least we have one likely FS in about 4 years (?)

With AFLW, can we now select sons of 100 game Tiger mum's?
Yes they can but it’s less than 100 games, I forget how many. Mother/sons and Mother/daughters. Ok just googled it and there is no rule yet but they are thinking about how it would work. Talk is 30games to qualify.

Remove this Banner Ad

Father & Son & Academy Prospects

Remove this Banner Ad

Back