List Mgmt. Father / Son / Daughter Selections

Remove this Banner Ad

Just heard Rod Maynard's lad is playing for Collingwood. Probably not a FS for us but did we ever look at him?
Peter Maynard's lad (Glenelg) I think

I Spend more time looking at the Draft than most and if you look thru my history you would have noticed, But Ben Jarman would be a High 2nd round and Hawks who will need that type of Player in a couple of years may pounce, Look at the Hawks list and age what do they need and he fits the bill for one of there weaknesses, Even Port would show interest in him. Will the Hawks and Port let him go to late 3rd round. Doubt it. at this time the Crows 2nd pick will late 3rd round. Also 2016 draft drop away from about pick 35, before our 3rd pick. Its an even Draft but only to 30 or so.
Then you have Politics, If he selects the Crows will the Hawks let him go or force the Crows to use 2 picks and some point from next year to get him, As he will fit nicely into there system.
As for Ben Jarman his weapon is he can Kick Goals even when playing bad and recovering from a virus like his first 2 under 18's games, He a smooth mover, Has a very good football brain reads the ball, good burst of speed, Is very damaging both hand and foot when he gets the ball, can play high or close to the Goals, Brings other players into the game. And has been Hidden by his dads refusal to allow him to play a lot of senior football. Ticks most boxes.
Question will be do the Crows need a mid/forward,

See I disagree, IMO our real needs are another top notch inside/outside midfielder and surely we need to draft a developing KPP because other than Dear and Ramsay the cupboard is bare, and neither have shown near enough to indicate they are close to a lock to make it. Jonty Scharenberg has improved as the year has gone on and after a slow start to the season than expected looks the most likely of the SA boys to be on our radar but he's also sure to be on the radar for the mob down the road. Strangely Scharenberg doesn't seem to have signed on to a Management Group as yet, someone needs to talk him out of joining Paul Connors mob!:)

http://www.aflplayers.com.au/potential-draftees-signed-by-an-accredited-agent/

This is the 'small' mid/forward I'd be looking at as you won't have to pay "overs" for him...

Last edited:
If we miss out on Ben, there's Jackson Edwards next year...

‘’Jackson is a smooth-moving left-footer who looks to already have dad Tyson covered for height,’’ SANFL Talent and Coaching Programs Coordinator Julian Farkas said.
(from here)

Jackson Edwards is dominating the SANFL u18's for Glenelg. Has averaged 23.2 disposals per game for the Bays in the u18's. He's become one of the brightest young midfielders out of the SA u17's. Looks likely to be our second father son if not our first.

Considering Tyson's height is listed as 178cm, we might be looking at a mid-180s cm or taller midfielder.

The club seems to take a slow & steady approach to things these days ..... relax, things will work out.

Int
See I disagree, IMO our real needs are another top notch inside/outside midfielder and surely we need to draft a developing KPP because other than Dear and Ramsay the cupboard is bare, and neither have shown near enough to indicate they are close to a lock to make it. Jonty Scharenberg has improved as the year has gone on and after a slow start to the season than expected looks the most likely of the SA boys to be on our radar but he's also sure to be on the radar for the mob down the road. Strangely Scharenberg doesn't seem to have signed on to a Management Group as yet, someone needs to talk him out of joining Paul Connors mob!:)

http://www.aflplayers.com.au/potential-draftees-signed-by-an-accredited-agent/

This is the 'small' mid/forward I'd be looking at as you won't have to pay "overs" for him...

Jonty Scharenberg 1st or early 2nd round, But Jack Graham would be my pick will 1 year in the squad then replacing Thommo in 2018, a very good like for like. but faster.
All the so called promising talls will be gone before pick 40 to 50, so they will be project type players the crow will be looking at, Ben Jarman is better than pick 50 which is what the Crows get if the finish 5th. next pick 68. only concern for the cost is will they need to use next picks to secure him ie round 3 or 4 2017 difference between pick 24 and 34. But they will all change on the night when the eastern states use drafts points Dropping the Crows round 3 to about pick 40
Also 2017 is the better year for KPP forwards.
But the interesting thing about Jarman is how he has been largely hidden. I would watch him after the under 18 as he will start to play SANFL league, and should spend some time as an inside mid Forward, Question will be do they need someone like a Lyons, Douglas, Cameron.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we miss out on Ben, there's Jackson Edwards next year...

‘’Jackson is a smooth-moving left-footer who looks to already have dad Tyson covered for height,’’ SANFL Talent and Coaching Programs Coordinator Julian Farkas said.
(from here)

Considering Tyson's height is listed as 178cm, we might be looking at a mid-180s cm or taller midfielder.

The club seems to take a slow & steady approach to things these days ..... relax, things will work out.
184 cm actually...

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Father / Son / Daughter Selections

Remove this Banner Ad

Back