List Mgmt. Father / Son / Daughter Selections

Remove this Banner Ad

He and Kym Lebois both WC lads have been invited to the draft combine.

Lebois I would consider better than Stengle, keen to see where the SA boys place, they had a solid year! By all reports they wont start getting drafted to late teens althouch I personally think Sharenberg is a top 10. Jarman clearly a third at earliest and those like hampton may get a rookie gig. Thinking 12 SA boys to get drafted at best this year, there is a lot of competition from around the country. You can guarantee three will be Sharenberg, Graham and Jarman(although Jarman not high is guaranteed to be drafted, how could you not draft a Jar). The other 9 wont be as easy to pick

Wouldn't be a very smart move to telegraph that because that would give opposition clubs the knowledge to ultimately make us overpay on his true draft worth....even if he names us as his preferred destination club.
Anymore than a 3rd - 4th round pick would be overs at this stage unless he really tears it up on the field in the run up to the draft and/or surprises athletically at the Draft Combine. JMO.

If a club is stupid or vindictive enough to bid their first round pick for Ben in the hopes that we will scramble to make up the points then I hope we are sharp enough to let him go and sit back and laugh at them.

Besides, isn't it the players themselves that are allocated the points and you pay based on that? Bidding a first round pick on a player ranked 3-4 would mean you have a thousand or so points in the bank for later? (Could be completely wrong, I really dont get this stupid bidding system)

Ben Jarman: 23 disposals (17 contested), 8 clearances, 7 tackles, 1.1 gls
Jackson Edwards: 28 disposals (14 contested), 7 clearances, 5 tackles, 6 I50, 1.2 gls

Both named in bests in the under 18s on the weekend (Jackson 4th, Ben 5th). Jackson has been in the bests 7 out of the 9 games hes played at under 18 level this year, including 3x best on ground.

A lot of the other draft hopefuls are already playing SANFL or Reserves, can't fathom why Ben isn't playing at reserve level at this stage like Scharenberg, Pitman, Comitogianni, Slimming, Ladhams, Stengle, Hinge, Cox etc...surely it would help with his transition into senior football next year, a lot of the Victorian TAC draftees are getting the odd games in the VFL too.

Comitogianni i.e. 31 disposals, week before 33 disposals

Last edited:
A lot of the other draft hopefuls are already playing SANFL or Reserves, can't fathom why Ben isn't playing at reserve level at this stage like Scharenberg, Pitman, Comitogianni, Slimming, Ladhams, Stengle, Hinge, Cox etc...surely it would help with his transition into senior football next year, a lot of the Victorian TAC draftees are getting the odd games in the VFL too.

Not sure if he is still doing it, but it was mentioned during the carnival that his dad has held him back and not allowed him to play reserves and seniors because of his body size.

He has been playing Reserves and League.

North Adelaide are trying to qualify him for U18 finals (Jack Graham played as well)

He has been playing Reserves and League.

North Adelaide are trying to qualify him for U18 finals (Jack Graham played as well)
That's pretty selfish by North. The whole point of u18s footy was to help bridge the gap between SA and the rest of the country for developing afl talent and getting them ready for seniors. Ben did his time at that level and should at least be playing reserves as it would be what is best for his development.

Great to see Jackson Ewards is killing it though. Can't wait to see what he produces next year in U18s state and in sanfl seniors. Think we have an absolute jet on our hands. Speed, poise and a very good kick. Can't wait.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Villis is playoing a fair bit of league although injured now, but unfortunatley for most Private school boys if they dont play league they are supposed to play College. CBC havent been firm on Ben Jarman on that, Scharenberg is under an obligation along with a number of others but u18 and reserves arent an option for the majority of private school boys.

Great to see Jackson Ewards is killing it though. Can't wait to see what he produces next year in U18s state and in sanfl seniors. Think we have an absolute jet on our hands. Speed, poise and a very good kick. Can't wait.

Let's hope Murphy and his stupid law stay the hell away.

touch-wood sm2.jpg

Not our news but it's interesting that Nick Blakey (son of John) can be selected by both Brisbane and North Melbourne as a F/S, but he also qualifies as an Academy pick for Sydney. How will the AFL play this?

Not our news but it's interesting that Nick Blakey (son of John) can be selected by both Brisbane and North Melbourne as a F/S, but he also qualifies as an Academy pick for Sydney. How will the AFL play this?
The first part is easy - the player gets to choose which F/S club he wishes to play for. No different to Ben Jarman having a choice between Adelaide & Hawthorn.

I'm not certain about Academy vs F/S, but I would assume the same thing applies - the player would get to choose.

The first part is easy - the player gets to choose which F/S club he wishes to play for. No different to Ben Jarman having a choice between Adelaide & Hawthorn.

I'm not certain about Academy vs F/S, but I would assume the same thing applies - the player would get to choose.

Yeah but if Sydney claim him as an Academy pick and are able to bid a higher pick, I'd be waiting for the fireworks when North get into a tizzy about losing a F/S.

If a club is stupid or vindictive enough to bid their first round pick for Ben in the hopes that we will scramble to make up the points then I hope we are sharp enough to let him go and sit back and laugh at them.

I think something like this happening is probably more of a fantasy for opposition supporters or Rucci types looking to stir controversy - eg. wanting Port to use their first rounder to bid on Jarman to screw us over, like how there was also some talk about them drafting Matt Crouch in 2013 before our pick.

Now I would expect that a club's drafting team would look at a large range of factors in determining draft priorities, but I doubt that stuffing around a rival club ranks high on the list. If Ben Jarman isn't rated as a first rounder, I can't see any club potentially gambling a high draft pick just to inconvenience us.

So realistically we may have.
Ben Jarman (2016 draft)
Jackson Edwards (2017 draft) absolute given
Connor McLeod (2018 draft)

Jarman, Edwards and McLeod!!!!!

Waiting to see the Vic clubs and Port demand an end to F/S rule or create a sub rule that says you can only draft 1 every 3 years or something.

I think something like this happening is probably more of a fantasy for opposition supporters or Rucci types looking to stir controversy - eg. wanting Port to use their first rounder to bid on Jarman to screw us over, like how there was also some talk about them drafting Matt Crouch in 2013 before our pick.

Now I would expect that a club's drafting team would look at a large range of factors in determining draft priorities, but I doubt that stuffing around a rival club ranks high on the list. If Ben Jarman isn't rated as a first rounder, I can't see any club potentially gambling a high draft pick just to inconvenience us.

This is why I think the points value is applied to the player, rather than the draft pick that is bid for them. So if the AFL values Ben as a pick between 35-50, should a team bid pick 12 on him we only have to match to the value he is rated at, not the value of a pick at #12.

I think that's how it works, or thats how it should work anyway.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Father / Son / Daughter Selections

Remove this Banner Ad

Back