Father / Son Possibilities?

Remove this Banner Ad

Did anyone else see a quick shot of Whitnall at the final with his son? :confused:

We could have own line of Clokes in every KPP if Whitnall's sons are good enough.:thumbsu:

Or Rattens.

babf4938.jpg

Hope Lances kids don't suffer from the same problem as their dad :p

Agree, DB-Man. Mature, quick-thinking, 70+ goal kicking, big-game star Centre-Half Forwards have no place at Carlton any longer.

Please don't rewrite history, champ. :)

Did anyone else see a quick shot of Whitnall at the final with his son? :confused:

We could have own line of Clokes in every KPP if Whitnall's sons are good enough.:thumbsu:

Or Rattens.

babf4938.jpg

Send the youngest son to the fat farm, he obviously has weight issues. Just could not play at that weight, i mean look at those fat cheeks. :rolleyes:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Send the youngest son to the fat farm, he obviously has weight issues. Just could not play at that weight, i mean look at those fat cheeks. :rolleyes:

He still has a growth spurt coming up mate... could lose all that puppy fat in one hit...

Dylan Buckley is the most likely anytime soon.
I have managed to see a secret medical report that suggests his knees and hips will be buggered by the time he is 24.

If I was another team bidding on him there is no way I'd go higher than a second round pick......despite how things may look. :thumbsu:

Actually third round would be expensive........won't amount to much.

Did I hose it down enough?........too much?...........:D

Agree, DB-Man. Mature, quick-thinking, 70+ goal kicking, big-game star Centre-Half Forwards have no place at Carlton any longer.

Give the guy some credit for being slightly more subtle than that. You can have the imagination to be able to envisage the kids having better metabolisms and quicker feet, can't you? :confused:

That retire at 27(was it 27?) because his knees were gone because of his weight problems.

If he had managed his weight from the start. he could still be playing with us now

There's no doubting he could have been one of the best CHF's ever if he didn't have a permanent weight problem.

That retire at 27(was it 27?) because his knees were gone because of his weight problems.

If he had managed his weight from the start. he could still be playing with us now

There's no doubting he could have been one of the best CHF's ever if he didn't have a permanent weight problem.
More re-writing of history. His knee (singular) wasn't buggered because of the weight, it was buggered because he drove it into the SCG turf after a marking contest. The cartilage was stuffed and from that day on it was always a matter of when rather than if - no matter what else he did. Otherwise he'd still be running around now - still built for comfort - still head-faking defenders.

So you think his weight made no difference to his knee problems?

Ignorance is bliss

His weight would baloon out through an inability to train because of the injured knee.

So you think his weight made no difference to his knee problems?

Ignorance is bliss
Firstly, the weight was there because of the knee problem (and, yes, the diet). No training and only able to run for a single quarter towards the end. The weight didn't help, but if he'd lost 10kgs (like he did at the end, and even at the start of 2005) it would have made absolutely no difference. Once his endurance running was limited nothing else mattered, and weight just became a convenient way to scape-goat the guy. Anyone who thinks his last year was bad because of his heft has no idea.

You can't play the game he relied on with a stuffed cartilage. He never had pace, and instead worked hard up and down the ground to create opportunities with his incredible reading of the play. Once the knee wore out he couldn't do it anymore. That's football. Injuries happen to good players and their careers are prematurely shortened. They should never be bagged for getting injured while playing for the club, and shouldn't have to put up with genuine injuries being waved away with received wisdoms.

Remove this Banner Ad

Father / Son Possibilities?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back