Food, Drink & Dining Out Favourite Beer II

Remove this Banner Ad

773033_4_9999_med_v1_m56577569854705680.png

By no means a favourite but for a cheap BBQ beer in cans, this isn't bad for $14 (4 x 440ml cans)

Tried Balters IIPA last night. Was okay but not great. That's how I feel about most of theirs.
I paid about $8 for a can of the XPA from a pub bottle shop in Elsternwick and I’d been drinking since about 9am (it was now lunchtime) and it was eh.

Had the pale ale or something on tap a while ago and bigged it up and it was... it looked like Draught; had that watery, bubbly looking head and not the creamy one you’d like to see. Tasted as it looked and was really really thin.

As for Brew Dog, I had that a fair bit in the UK as it was in all the Tescos (basically their only ‘craft beer’) and it was fairly cheap and yeah, really liked it. Seems pretty expensive here though?

Ok Ok Ok!

Full disclosure, I work for a company which handles Dainton's in WA, also Brewdog, Sierra Nevada

The Blood orange is f**king good, Cloudy IPA however with the blood orange it's not as fruity as say the biggie juice, Absolutely done it again

The Dainton's DIPA Double IPA is great as well, not for the faint hearted since it's close to 80 IBU's. so you cant smash it back

Also have the Rogue Chocolate Hazelnut stout to get through tonight, Wew

Very much more macro than what is being discussed in here but have been enjoying some midstrength brews recently. I don't have any health problems (that I'm aware of) to cut down alcohol, more of a general wellbeing thing.
- Coopers Mild is good with the footy.
- Cricketers Arms Session
- Pirate Life throwback is nice, but very pricey for ABV.

I am 4 batches in, very good, already making great beer, forums are useful to. Highly recommended. The beer you make once set up is cheap too.
As a follow on, I recently bought a larger vessel to brew in and a tap/fridge to store it all.

End result being pouring 30 litres of my own IPA while at home. I really enjoy the brew days too!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As a follow on, I recently bought a larger vessel to brew in and a tap/fridge to store it all.

End result being pouring 30 litres of my own IPA while at home. I really enjoy the brew days too!
I have had "infections" in my last two brews and went through all the troubleshooting and still have no idea why. Fermentation temp is steady (have a proper setup to keep temps even) and everything else seems to be correct. Is absolutely frustrating.

My last two "brews" have actually been a single malt and an american scotch both of which have been damn quality. Spirits might be my thing though I need to get some dark beers up and going for winter.

Ok Ok Ok!

Full disclosure, I work for a company which handles Dainton's in WA, also Brewdog, Sierra Nevada

The Blood orange is f**king good, Cloudy IPA however with the blood orange it's not as fruity as say the biggie juice, Absolutely done it again

The Dainton's DIPA Double IPA is great as well, not for the faint hearted since it's close to 80 IBU's. so you cant smash it back

Also have the Rogue Chocolate Hazelnut stout to get through tonight, Wew

The DIPA is very solid - not $12 a small can solid, but solid nonetheless.

Very much more macro than what is being discussed in here but have been enjoying some midstrength brews recently. I don't have any health problems (that I'm aware of) to cut down alcohol, more of a general wellbeing thing.
- Coopers Mild is good with the footy.
- Cricketers Arms Session
- Pirate Life throwback is nice, but very pricey for ABV.
unnamed.png
This is my favourite mid strength

tried a few different beers while I was in Hawaii, some were pretty good. A couple sucked but most were good.
Kona's lager & IPA - meh
Golden Road's Wolf Among The Weed IPA
Waikiki Brewing's Skinny Jeans IPA
Maui Brewing Co. i went to the brewery and tried a few of their limited run beers which were an IPA, a couple of pales & a saison - all good.
probably tried another 5 or 6 other local or west coast pales off draught at restaurants but no idea what brands

Remove this Banner Ad

Food, Drink & Dining Out Favourite Beer II

Remove this Banner Ad

Back