Favourite Dictator/ Despot?

Remove this Banner Ad

I think we are still yet to see a politically savvy Nazi like leader emerge yet.

I think we will end up seeing a teflon type of politically correct extremely charismatic leader along these lines.

I'm not saying Nicholas Sarkozy (France) is a screw loose dictator, but he does have what may be considered some big right wing xenophobic veiws surrounding his rise.

He seems innocuous now but so did Mugabe 20 years ago.

Acker,your post is useless without pics.

Hi TLCers. I give this page two weeks, tops. I AM A SHARK "****** suck my ****" I'M A SHARK
Bummers2003bz9.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Adrian_Appleyard

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hitler was elected. Pussy.

Real dictators seize power in a savage coup, dealing retribution of the foulest manner to their enemies.

Hard to go past Saddam in this regard, although the undignified manner of his capture and execution loses him points.

You need Africa for that kind of shit. Your man from zaire was pretty hard on those ground Mobotu.

Then there's some of those mad West African ****ers.

The fella in charge of Equitorial Guinea is probably the best pound for pound despot going at the moment.

Idi Amin. He didn't just have his enemies killed. He ate them to obtain their power. He didn't just have death camps, he had tourture to death camps. If Amin and his victims were European he'd be considered up there with Hitler for most evil man ever.

Mussolini was probably the most intelligent and i reckon looked the coolest
mussolini.jpg

No love for the soon to be deceased Fidel Castro?

This is why I selected 'other' along with Adolf.

Castro is brilliant, he still apparently has the whole nation behind him. Survived all those assassination attempts and made America look stupid with every attempt they made to oust him.

Whilst not at the same level as many of those listed above, Luis EcheverrĂ­a should be mentioned.

There is a good deal of evidence that he was responsible for the Tlatelolco massacre when he was Interior Secretary and the Corpus Christie massacre when he was President.

Although the Mexican system only allows Presidents to sit for one six-year term, the PRI ran a quasi-dictatorship for seventy-odd years.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luis_EcheverrĂ­a

Remove this Banner Ad

Favourite Dictator/ Despot?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back