Golf Favourite Golf Course's

Remove this Banner Ad

RE TOP 100

This list is very subjective but there are some head scratching choices..
Like how the hell does brookwater in QLD be a better course than Yarra Yarra. Brookwater is a souped up residential land development course which shouldn't be in the top 60..
I have always thought Kingston Heath is over rated I would prefer NSW to be at 2 and the Heath at 3.
That being said the composite course at RM is the best course in Australia when they use it for tournaments..
Only my opinion of course:thumbsu:

Wangs Parking Lot

Not sure when you last saw Yarra Yarra but it is not heading in a good direction. They have had some boundary issues and some pretty poor hole re-design has come out of it.

The whole place is very overgrown as well and has a very unnatural feel compared to say RM, Vic and KH.

Yarra Yarra, (like Huntingdale) is very up and down too, basically 15 holes head North/South. the subtlety of direction change at a RM is a major strength in Melbourne's any day can be a different wind climate.

Wangs Parking Lot

Not sure when you last saw Yarra Yarra but it is not heading in a good direction. They have had some boundary issues and some pretty poor hole re-design has come out of it.

The whole place is very overgrown as well and has a very unnatural feel compared to say RM, Vic and KH.

Ok fair enough that's a real shame.. Great little course when I played it regularly in the 90's and early 2000's..

My point is that these rankings are unbelievable, brookwater I have played several times in events and it's always in terrible condition.. I put it right up there as the most over rated course I have ever played.. It's a piece of land designed to sell housing lots..
Anyway each to their own I guess :thumbsu:

huntingdale is an absolute stinker and should barely scrape into the top 50, moonah legends is one of the laughable selections, the 4th is a shocker and the 15th is the worst hole on the peninsula. how anyone in their right mind thinks that legends is better st andrews beach is nothing short of stunning

edit: also where the **** is healesville?!?!?

Has anyone played at Sunshine Golf Course (Victoria) before? If so, what are your thoughts? Only reason I am asking this is because there is a deal for two which can be found at http://www.greatrounds.com

If you can have a hit around Kingston Links, do it. Lovely course. Tee's are rock hard and a little let down but other then that the course is magnificent. Great length on a few holes and the greens can be challenging.

If you can have a hit around Kingston Links, do it. Lovely course. Tee's are rock hard and a little let down but other then that the course is magnificent. Great length on a few holes and the greens can be challenging.
Me and dad were driving through Rowville a few weeks ago and sussed the place out. Hit some balls at the driving range, which was impressive. The course looks mint, might have a hit there over Christmas.

Has anyone played Sandhurst? My cousin works there & says it's a top course.

Me and dad were driving through Rowville a few weeks ago and sussed the place out. Hit some balls at the driving range, which was impressive. The course looks mint, might have a hit there over Christmas.

Has anyone played Sandhurst? My cousin works there & says it's a top course.

haevnt played there before, but i hear its a great golf course. drive past it on the way back from national.

Really?? - would say waterford valley / ranfurlie / settlers run / all MILES bettter than Kingston Links

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So you drive all the way to Cape Schank to play the National from past the Cranbourne/Seaford area???

Hand
correctamundo.

always get an early tee off (7-8), enjoy the crispy coastline air, finish round, mix with the local folk then back to the eastern burbs (never go thru frankston on the way back)

Easy. Coolum is far and away Australia's greatest golf course. The only course worthy of hosting one of our major tournaments every year. Its like our Augusta...............SARCASTICA is the font I have chosen to write this opinion.

Played the Henley course at the Heritage today, very good track although lacks the number of WOW holes that the St John has. 13th uphill par 5 probably the pick of them for mine. We played off the blue tees as I was with a couple of hack corporates (both who would have raised the bat with a few holes to go) Par 5's were a little short of the blue tees but the Gold adds 20-35m on most of them which would make then borderline reachable for the bigger hitters.

In good nick as you would expect, pure greens that are mostly pretty large, a fair few lumps and bumps but overall not overly difficult to putt on.

Just like the St John, if you have a bad day tee to green you could have heaps! but both courses are well and truely "gettable" on a calm day.

78 was the result probably spent 2-3 by having no idea where I was going on a couple of holes.

St John is no doubt the pick of the 2 tracks mostly because it has 5-6 fantastic "signature holes" such as the 4th, 9th, 11th, 12th, 15th, 17th.

However you wont be disappointed if you get the chance to tee it up on the Henley.. well worth a look!!

Anyone here played the Dunes in Rye?

Class above any course I've played (apart from Marina Bay Sands in Singapore).

i found heritage quite tight.

One of the "tricks" of the Heritage is visual intimidation particularly off the tee... If you look at most of the holes on both course there are many that look tight when you are standing on the tee but when you get to the driving area you actually find they are pretty wide. (I hit the driver pretty well today so that probably helps as well).

It's not like the Heritage layout makes you hit a lot of irons off the tee and 3woods are only rrequired ocassionaly.

Anyone here played the Dunes in Rye?

Class above any course I've played (apart from Marina Bay Sands in Singapore).

could not agree more - the Dunes is god like, next best on the Peninsula is St andys - both amazing challenges and both great tests of golf

Can I ask what you're basing your course assessments on? If you view it in terms of quality of design/architectural merit of the holes there is no way you could justify that Metropolitan is within a bulls roar of RM West.
Maybe I have more than a little romance attached to metro.. I just love the layout with the dog legs and the condition is superb.. I played an Aussie open there in 97 and have the good fortune of playing with calc and lefty..
Don't get me wrong RM west is a classic track, but I prefer the composite and it would be my fave course in aus..
But if I had to choose metro or RM west to play everyday.. I would choose metro...

Maybe I have more than a little romance attached to metro.. I just love the layout with the dog legs and the condition is superb.. I played an Aussie open there in 97 and have the good fortune of playing with calc and lefty..
Don't get me wrong RM west is a classic track, but I prefer the composite and it would be my fave course in aus..
But if I had to choose metro or RM west to play everyday.. I would choose metro...

Spoken like someone who knows what they are talking about. Unfortunately quite a few of the tee shots at RM West have been made ridiculously easy with technology taking many of the fairway bunkers that were put there 100 years ago completely out of play. 2nd, 4th, 6th, 18th prime examples of holes that would have been tough tee shots with wooden headed drivers and balata golf balls.

Metro for me every day of the week. Cannot think of an ordinary hole on the whole course where as RM West has a couple.

i think we need to all bow down to you right now.

Vincent Chase Look2Me4Guidance

Remove this Banner Ad

Golf Favourite Golf Course's

Remove this Banner Ad

Back