Golf Favourite Golf Course's

Remove this Banner Ad

Yarra bend or Kingston links mate??

Looking at playin mid April with me mate who's coming over from Perth.

Kingston Links a better test of golf but a trip from the city.

Nirwana in Bali is a beautiful course. Loved it and everything that goes with it. Bali beach is a nice course too but nothing like nirwana. I'd recommend golf in Bali in general.

Which is the better course at heritage?

Heading to melb in mid April - looking at playing at heritage for sure. Then maby Kingston links?? And finally Albert park on a Sunday before a footy game.

Thoughts??

I'm a member at Neangar park in bendigo. Best in bendigo by far.

play St John course, i rate it better.

if you are out that way Yering is a great test of golf

Kingston Links a better test of golf but a trip from the city.

Do you reckon Albert park will be in good nick in a month, or traditionally does the F1 hammer it, surely crowds aren't allowed on the greens ect.

Might have to play St. John's heritage, Kingston links and yarra bend on the Sunday. Will we have any problems getting on Kingston links on a Saturday or yarra bend on a Sunday??

Thanks again.

Do you reckon Albert park will be in good nick in a month, or traditionally does the F1 hammer it, surely crowds aren't allowed on the greens ect.

Might have to play St. John's heritage, Kingston links and yarra bend on the Sunday. Will we have any problems getting on Kingston links on a Saturday or yarra bend on a Sunday??

Thanks again.

I'd probably pick Waterford Valley over Kingston Links personally. Similar price and location. Yering definitely worth a crack too if you have any trouble getting on at Heritage. Yarra Bend will be busy, so book ahead.

golf in some parts of asia sound amazing from stories i have heard. hitting over rice patties etc!

kingston heath - im not sure if its a GREAT course, perhaps i enjoy rolling hills and scenery. but i understand and appreciate teh history and difficulties the course present absent said undulations.

hear good things about dunes mate.

playing capital gc in 2 weeks, the my home course, then mission hills.

hai Vincent Chase Look2Me4Guidance
Yeah we had a golf trip few years back, St Andrews beach, Moonah Legends and The Dunes. Had a hundred year storm at St Andrews lightning hail and a monster hangover so would like to play again. The Dunes was unbelievable in my opinion, blew a gale but had some great holes, just a lot of fun. Moonah was my least favourite had some good holes early but then it lost its way a bit but thats probably a bit unfair still a great course. Theyre spoiled for choice in Victoria.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i think its the history and aura that lends to it too

And the fact that the layout can exclude the 19th hole (Par 3 that they play in the Masters out the back of the 1st green on the "members course") which would comfortably be in the top 4-5 par 3's in Melbourne.

There is only one hole at Kingston Heath that is a bit ordinary and that would be the 1st on the members card. Longish, straight par 4 without very much to recommend it, every other hole is amazing and has many different characteristics dependent on wind direction / Strength, dependent on pin placement and firmness of the course. Only VIC and Metro hold a candle to it in terms of the consistent quality of the holes. Even RMGC West has a few "so so" holes in comparison.

And the fact that the layout can exclude the 19th hole (Par 3 that they play in the Masters out the back of the 1st green on the "members course") which would comfortably be in the top 4-5 par 3's in Melbourne.

There is only one hole at Kingston Heath that is a bit ordinary and that would be the 1st on the members card. Longish, straight par 4 without very much to recommend it, every other hole is amazing and has many different characteristics dependent on wind direction / Strength, dependent on pin placement and firmness of the course. Only VIC and Metro hold a candle to it in terms of the consistent quality of the holes. Even RMGC West has a few "so so" holes in comparison.

KH is frikin hard. that par 3 (19th hole) is awesome.

Caddied for a mate who whipped around there in 67 in a strong wind with the course in tournament set up... amazing to watch!!

i have found that metropolitan courses in melbourne are incredibly flat. )inb4orly).

but makes up for it with a premium on course management and accuracy.

contrast this with my fave course (moonah @ national) with its rolling fairways and undulating greens (and wind).

golf. it shits me.

i have found that metropolitan courses in melbourne are incredibly flat. )inb4orly).

but makes up for it with a premium on course management and accuracy.

contrast this with my fave course (moonah @ national) with its rolling fairways and undulating greens (and wind).

golf. it shits me.

More or less than DH's FT% brah?

Huntingdale for me on Friday. Hopefully the weather holds up.

Had a round at Glen Waverley Public a couple of weeks ago. My long game that day was pristine- made most greens between 1 and 3 shots but **** me I couldn't hole a put to save my life. Will be back at the course- it's a tricky course when you get it wrong

Yarra Bend.

I've heard this has gone to shit with the new layout? Played about 50 rounds there over the course of 2 years while studying, haven't been back since. Really enjoyed the layout and the surrounds, but the greens were poorly kept during the years I was playing there. Also very poorly managed on the weekends, a 6 hour round is a cert.

We switched to Yarrambat for our final 2 years of uni (very cheap green fees for students), which is still probably my favourite public course around here.

I've heard this has gone to shit with the new layout? Played about 50 rounds there over the course of 2 years while studying, haven't been back since. Really enjoyed the layout and the surrounds, but the greens were poorly kept during the years I was playing there. Also very poorly managed on the weekends, a 6 hour round is a cert.

We switched to Yarrambat for our final 2 years of uni (very cheap green fees for students), which is still probably my favourite public course around here.

Ok. It's been a fair while since I've had a hit there. Have heard good things about Yarrambat. Good challenge?

Ok. It's been a fair while since I've had a hit there. Have heard good things about Yarrambat. Good challenge?

Yeah it is a great challenge. Length especially from the member's tees, undulating, lots of water to hit over and around... Downhill Par 3 16th to a green over a lake and surrounded by bunkers decides your mood on the way home :p.

Remove this Banner Ad

Golf Favourite Golf Course's

Remove this Banner Ad

Back