Portfolio FEDLEAGUE - The Future of Australian Football (16/16 TEAMS COMPLETE)

Remove this Banner Ad

50771459896_3cd9e42f4e_o.jpg

Full resolution image is here

South Melbourne Football Club
EST 1959
Lakeside Stadium

Designer's note: Felt like giving this a 'hella' Greek vibe - the A-League may not appreciate the club's identity, but the FEDLEAGUE sure does!

50772424803_e29df6b91c_o.jpg

Sydney Football Club
EST 2004
New Sydney Football Stadium & Leichhardt Oval (temporary)

Designer's note: Went with Westfield as it's one of the first things that springs to mind when I think of Sydney due to the Centrepoint. Home jersey represents Sydney Harbour, whilst the pattern on the away is the exterior pattern of the Sydney Opera House which features on the logo.

50771459896_3cd9e42f4e_o.jpg

South Melbourne Football Club
EST 1959
Lakeside Stadium

Designer's note: Felt like giving this a 'hella' Greek vibe - the A-League may not appreciate the club's identity, but the FEDLEAGUE sure does!
Love this a lot, pattern looks incredible on the home especially but also on the away.
50772424803_e29df6b91c_o.jpg

Sydney Football Club
EST 2004
New Sydney Football Stadium & Leichhardt Oval (temporary)

Designer's note: Went with Westfield as it's one of the first things that springs to mind when I think of Sydney due to the Centrepoint. Home jersey represents Sydney Harbour, whilst the pattern on the away is the exterior pattern of the Sydney Opera House which features on the logo.
I reckon this could do with one logo on each side of the chest but still great, loving the minimalistic logos, it’s not something I could see the clubs doing as a primary thing but it still looks great and fits in well with this portfolio.

50773217868_f26b3023bb_o.jpg

Tasmania Pirates Football Club
EST 2021
Blundstone Arena & UTAS Stadium

Designer's note: Home jersey inspired by the Orlando Pirates 2020-21 home jersey with the simple skull & crossbones element, as well as El_Scorcho's Port Pirates blackout concept. Away jersey features an off-white vintage nautical map design, because pirates, treasure, maps etc. In theory, the team would represent both Hobart & Launceston - because Tasmanians are going to have to accept that if they want pro-sports teams, they probably need to share nicely.

50497705207_130e11af13_o.jpg

Wellington Phoenix Football Club
EST 2007
Sky Stadium

Designer's note: This was actually the first one I did a few months back, so it's kind of my personal favourite. Had the idea of a full phoenix based jersey which became the home jersey, and then wanted to do something cool with Maori patterns for the away. Logo placement very much inspired by the 2000's England x Umbro jersey. So much potential with the Phoenix, great colours, great imagery to work with, but for some reason it always falls short.

50773217868_f26b3023bb_o.jpg

Tasmania Pirates Football Club
EST 2021
Blundstone Arena & UTAS Stadium

Designer's note: Home jersey inspired by the Orlando Pirates 2020-21 home jersey with the simple skull & crossbones element, as well as El_Scorcho's Port Pirates blackout concept. Away jersey features an off-white vintage nautical map design, because pirates, treasure, maps etc. In theory, the team would represent both Hobart & Launceston - because Tasmanians are going to have to accept that if they want pro-sports teams, they probably need to share nicely.

You could accidentally make cigarette burns in the away jersey and it would only add to the aesthetics

You could accidentally make cigarette burns in the away jersey and it would only add to the aesthetics

I was thinking it would be the perfect jersey for the footy. Spill some beer or pie on it? No problem!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sorry for all the like notifications at once Freight. Amazing portfolio!

All good brother - still three teams to go!

50775665902_d72d6c64f4_o.jpg

West Melbourne Knights Football Club
EST 1953 (as SC Croatia)
Knights Stadium & GMHBA Stadium

Designer's note: So the thinking here is that instead of Western United, the Melbourne Knights are given the license under the provision that they represent the Western suburbs of Melbourne - going out as far north-west as Castlemaine, as far west as Ballarat and as far south-west as Geelong. Design is very much inspired by both Croatian jerseys of the past, as well as few Bayern Munich pieces.

50775061868_26a92f9b4f_o.jpg

Western Sydney Wanderers Football Club
EST 2012
Bankwest Stadium

Designer's note: Wanted to pay tribute to the Red & Black Bloc with these jerseys, so the home features a smoke pattern through the stripes symbolising flares, whilst the away is supposed to represent the many banners that the Bloc waves through their games.

50775816321_d8eabf0305_o.jpg

Wollongong Wolves Football Club
EST 1980 (as Wollongong City)
WIN Stadium

Designer's note: Took inspiration from the Perth Wildcats mid-late 90's gear with the Coke sponsorship, after making that link with the red and black claw marks. The away worked out in two different ways, it was supposed to be "wolf grey", and it kind of ended up resembling a can of Diet Coke which I see as a win.

Fin.

Thanks to everyone for following along, I hope you've enjoyed it. :)

I've also posted this portfolio on my Behance, which you can view here

50775816321_d8eabf0305_o.jpg

Wollongong Wolves Football Club
EST 1980 (as Wollongong City)
WIN Stadium

Designer's note: Took inspiration from the Perth Wildcats mid-late 90's gear with the Coke sponsorship, after making that link with the red and black claw marks. The away worked out in two different ways, it was supposed to be "wolf grey", and it kind of ended up resembling a can of Diet Coke which I see as a win.
Is this one of those designs where "every jersey is a little different" like the old Norwich kits?

Also, had you though of changing the away sponsor to "diet Coke" as play on those colours?

Is this one of those designs where "every jersey is a little different" like the old Norwich kits?

Not intentionally but it could work.

Also, had you though of changing the away sponsor to "diet Coke" as play on those colours?

Considered it but I love the old school wordmark, so gave it a miss.

Remove this Banner Ad

Portfolio FEDLEAGUE - The Future of Australian Football (16/16 TEAMS COMPLETE)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back