Cars & Transportation Feminism - over it

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Look, I just find this absolutely bullshit. Why can women play male dominated sports and join male teams. Yet it doesn't go the otherway? Why do women get this and we don't?

I enjoy sport, I love playing sport and some sports are quite fun to play. I actually enjoyed netball. Yet was I allowed to join the womens netball team? Noooooo, because I'm a guy :rolleyes: Yet women are allowed to play male sports.

It's just pathetic. For all we here about equality and whatever, it's always the minority who get given the extra opportunity under the headline of 'equality', while the majority have to suck it up and get left out.

What if my future son loves netball? Why can't he pursue his dreams at playing at the top flight?
There was talk in the last NBA draft of the Mavs potentially drafting that Baylor chick. College football has seen women in the past as kickers and now high school ball has female quarterbacks.

It's just bullshit that it can go one way and not the other.

/end rant.

I don't really think it's appropriate for women to be playing with men either (does depend on the sport though, to a certain extent.)

Your line of argument is flawed though. The fact it is seen as OK for women to mix it up with men yet not vice versa has **** all to do with gender equality. Due to the biological differences between men and women, men are just going to be better at some sports, no matter what. Therefore, what is the point of a man playing against women? He would just dominate. If a woman is so far above her gender at a sport and she wants to test herself, the obvious step up is to play against men. It's got all to do with the relative ability and athletic prowess of the two genders and nothing to do with a perceived double standard.

Lets not get too carried away fellas, if you cant see the reasoning why men cant play females at the top level in most sports you've kinda missed the point.

Women getting anywhere near close to equality in the latter half of the 20th century till now in western society has basically come about from high living standards, education and reasonable critical thinking by men and allowing it to happen. They still aren't there yet and probably never will be, but these type of arguments as outlined by the OP are as silly as the rabid Feminists who argue that everything must be equal.

There are mixed and male dominated social netball leagues out there to play - You could potentially earn as much money as the International female netball stars make from the same sport...

I don't have a problem with women trying to get into the AFL, NFL, NBA etc. and can understand the need for restrictions going the other way. What I'd like to see though as an aside to that is recognition by the female participants and fans of sports such as tennis that men are much better at it. I'm all for Australia to lead the way with equalisation with the Australian open Men's and Women's first prize money cut to 50% of what it is now with a 5 set match between the Mens and Womens winners to see who gets the rest of the pot. Similarly with golf, play 18 rounds off the men's tees.

I actually enjoyed netball.

757867.gif

I'm all for Australia to lead the way with equalisation with the Australian open Men's and Women's first prize money cut to 50% of what it is now with a 5 set match between the Mens and Womens winners to see who gets the rest of the pot. Similarly with golf, play 18 rounds off the men's tees.

I'm pretty sure golf is not even close to equal pay across the sexes, as mens golf is much more popular and therefore better paying. As far as tennis, I don't have a problem with equal pay.

I know men are better at tennis and the standard is much higher, but does it bring in more money? If it does, they should definitely be paid more. I only ask because tennis bores me big time and I'm much more likely to watch a women's game, for reasons other than the quality of the tennis.

Women tries to play AFL: Good on you for showing that you're not a slave to your gender, you can be your own individual!

Man tries to play netball: Lol are you a girl?

You know it makes sense.
I don't think much of women that play netball either, to be fair. Horrible sport.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Navratilova took Connors to 7-5 in a set. There are plenty of players on the ATP tour who can't take 5 games off Nadal or Djokovic in a set. I reckon if Rafa and Serena Williams genuinly faced off in a serious match it'd be over without Rafa dropping a game.

I'm pretty sure golf is not even close to equal pay across the sexes, as mens golf is much more popular and therefore better paying. As far as tennis, I don't have a problem with equal pay.

I know men are better at tennis and the standard is much higher, but does it bring in more money? If it does, they should definitely be paid more. I only ask because tennis bores me big time and I'm much more likely to watch a women's game, for reasons other than the quality of the tennis.

Men's tennis absolutely brings in more money.

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/tennis/...teed-even-on-centre-court-20130124-2d9se.html

If the Oz Open got down to the final four of Nadal, Murray, Djokovic, Federer the most popular matches of the tournament would be the men's final, men's semi finals and men's quarter finals. After that the women's final might get a look in. Two/three sets of tennis that can be over in an hour or so? Not even comparable to a 5-set epic from any two of those 4 guys.

On what grounds should grand slams have equal prize money? The men play 5 sets, the women 3. The men attract a lot more interest from fans, corporates etc. The standard of men's play is much higher. There is no logical argument for equal prize money.

Women technically earn more due to time spent playing matches in regards to the men. The men statistically play their games far longer so money made over time is actually better for women.

Please let's not do the tennis prize money argument again, please please please

Played soccer when I was younger and played against a few teams that had girls in them (iirc this was around 14-16 age groups). inb4 soccer's a girls game

The simple fact is that gender equality in pay occurs, the reason why men earn more then women is usually driven by two things
1. Women are more likely to be in a lower paid job, driven by their tendency to work in admin type roles, which receives less
2. Women which have children are more likely to take a year off, or seek flexible working arrangements upon their return to work (part time/ casual etc) where they receive a pro rata amount of the remuneration package a man working in that role full time would receive.

Look, I just find this absolutely bullshit. Why can women play male dominated sports and join male teams. Yet it doesn't go the otherway? Why do women get this and we don't?

I enjoy sport, I love playing sport and some sports are quite fun to play. I actually enjoyed netball. Yet was I allowed to join the womens netball team? Noooooo, because I'm a guy :rolleyes: Yet women are allowed to play male sports.

It's just pathetic. For all we here about equality and whatever, it's always the minority who get given the extra opportunity under the headline of 'equality', while the majority have to suck it up and get left out.

What if my future son loves netball? Why can't he pursue his dreams at playing at the top flight?
There was talk in the last NBA draft of the Mavs potentially drafting that Baylor chick. College football has seen women in the past as kickers and now high school ball has female quarterbacks.

It's just bullshit that it can go one way and not the other.

/end rant.

If she's prepared to take a hit from a 200 pound line backer I say all power to her.........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back