Event Festival Of The Wonders - Interview With A Club Legend

Remove this Banner Ad

As part of the Festival Of The Wonders, I decided to catch up with BallaratBulldog to learn more about his time at the Club

46220.jpg

Cheese: Hi BallaratBulldog ... or should I call you Shallow?

BB: Hi the cheese

“BB” is less effort but you never know what may return one day

Cheese: Thanks for inviting me over to your kennel for a chat

As you are aware, we are celebrating The Festival Of The Wonders during our Bye Week

How did you become a member of our wonderful Club?

BB: I was recruited by doggiesin08 , he had just become admin for a few seasons. I think I just rolled in simply because I supported the dogs as he did honestly. Wonders were and still are a very proactive club in regards to recruitment and some lesser clubs like the Hawks\Dragons were having a sook that they didn't get any new recruits. They were sticking to the recruitment thread and acting like others work for them that were putting in more work. To be fair though the league and people around is larger now. Good for it.

Cheese: You have just entered your 27th Season at the Colosseum

Have you ever considered accepting an offer from a rival Club?

BB: I have had offers of course over the journey, but ultimately not really ever considering it. For fun, the most total amount of offers over the journey came from the Gumbies. Hopefully they won’t call themselves the Wolves again. Wonders have always had good people.

Cheese: As I mentioned earlier, you changed your username from Shallow to BallaratBulldog

Were you the trailblazer for Players like Cadsky , Greenery & DenieD ?

BB: I’m a trend setter in general. But nah, even from the Wonders right now that have changed before me. I will let those playing at home to guess who they are. (or until sfa+ tell them)

Cheese: You have played in FOUR Wonders Qremiership winning Teams

I know it is like asking a parent who their favourite child is … BUT which one was the most special?

BB: After two Grand final losses in S10 and 12. I might have to give it to the first flag in S13. Revenge on the Phoenix for the previous season was reward for effort after getting so close and being a leader in activity and growing the league. Players like Clarkey, Crowey, Frothies all featured who are still around today. Also Mooch who left to the Roys. While boncer34 and Tarks got the L.

I have had better performances. I just did enough in defence. Even thrown into the ruck at one point. Charlie the Wonder Dog was the best Coach the team has ever seen. He just understood me too. Let me have the beer and nap needed that shaped my attitude that is on full display in the modern day. None of this hard working tripe. That does not win qooty flags.

Cheese: You have played alongside many great Players during your Qareer

Who would be in your Top 5 Wonders Teammates?

BB: Hard to pick just five. In no order:

ClarkeM
croweater 41
Rick18
TheFreshbanana
Frothies Mcveigh

Special mention to Kerrby who is a flog and pacemaker who had the legendary quote “interesting times or posting byes?” as a opening post.

Cheese: Obviously I would have been in your Top 10

With only 2 Clubs still around from S1 (Wonders/ Demons), would you say that the Foundation Cup matches are the highlight of the H & A Season?

BB: It is always a good reminder that the Wonders are successful but little brother has continually struggled. To he fair in later seasons they got a few flags of their own at last. They have players that have always made it fun. Probably will miss someone not listed. They have that core of players like cooney , Headless , sante , Proper Gander , Tarkyn_24 , DemonJim and sausageroll that have been there awhile now. Then added others like Hate , Wosh and PMBangers in more recent times. I don’t envision them performing on field better or anywhere near the Wonders this season or next but at least the thread is enjoyable.

Cheese: It has been a while since The Wonders last Flag

Would you agree that we have the Team to go all the way this Season?

BB: Wonders have a team that can win multiple flags. There is enough old, new and in between. Just check out our last team submission. I am even in my spiritual position from my first Flag.

B: LukeParkerno1 - BallaratBulldog - Wojcinski

HB: JT_the_Man - MayTheNorthBeWithU - AnUltimateRessie

C: SM - ClarkeM - HARPSichord

HF: jezzajay - Brenton Davy - croweater 41

F: dogs105 - Frothies Mcveigh - SSwans2011

FOLL: damicky - Grand Uncle Horace - Cubs2Lions

INT: Soggy2112 - SunshineBoy

Sexiness all around. The usual suspects will be mad but the tears will taste so ******* good to lick from their cheeks. Better than a pat on the head.

Cheese: Who are these usual suspects that you speak of?

BB: While naming them could be fun I think they would enjoy that, rather they expose themselves as usual. They might just go mald soon. It’s not hard to work out.

Cheese: You are a clever dog

Before I head off, is there anything else that you would like to say to your current & former Wonders Teammates?

BB: Wonders will be #firsttothegreat8

Cheese: Thanks for joining me to celebrate the Festival of The Wonders

Here is a treat:

Happy Garfield And Friends GIF by Maudit

kananooks

Last edited:

Remember when I polled more Beez votes than you and I didn’t post? That was fun.
Nope. Don't spend my time dwelling on has beens :) which is concerning cause I'm fast becoming one without actually having been one to begin with...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Event Festival Of The Wonders - Interview With A Club Legend

Remove this Banner Ad

Back