Fevola Deal Done

Remove this Banner Ad

You obviously have no idea what you're talking about. Fev had to go, I think our boys did a reasonable job in the end. We were never gonna get a perfect return for him from anyone. Your supporters are the last people that should be bagging us about draft selections!

Sorry Luke forgot I was talking to children on here.... the Fev deal was a trade has nothing to do with draft selections!

So could you please fill me in on who is going to kick your goals next year?

Very happy with this deal, Henderson was the one I thought we may have been able to get instead of Bradshaw.

Henderson really impressed me with his poise in defence, I'm sure he will be capable at both ends of ground.

Don't stuff up pick 12 Hughesy.

Exactly how I would have described Henderson TBD.
Absolutely stoked that this deal has got through. We've got a young KP prospect with 15 games under his belt, and he can play forward and back.

We are also back into the 1st round of the draft, where we could quite easily secure a Butcher or Carlisle.

:thumbsu: :thumbsu:

Yep. MUCH happier with this. Addresses what we need to do now i.e. develop our forward line with serious KP forward talent to complement our already excellent midfield. 2010 might be a one step backwards year, but the future looks very very bright again. We must have a ridiculous amount of salary cap room as well now. This deal sets us up nicely for the future after a tough week. :)

Will be interesting to see the salary aspects of this trade.

Can't see the Lions fitting Fev into the cap while keeping Bradshaw.

I suspect we will either be trading Bradshaw or Carlton will be paying some of Fev's contract.

Im not happy with this at all ok fev had to go but dam we also give draft picks as well .
henderson has played how many games 15? well i hope he kicked 20 goals per game to prove we got a good deal i also read he has had alot of injurys . so we swaped a 100 goal a year forward for a 19yo kid that is yet to prove himself and very well maybe a crap player for fev . not happy jan

And still no forward player ............... who is going to take this spot for us now then

Sorry Luke forgot I was talking to children on here.... the Fev deal was a trade has nothing to do with draft selections!

So could you please fill me in on who is going to kick your goals next year?

That is a very good question. Obviously there isn't anyone on our list that is going to replace Fev but our goals will come from many players, here are some of them: Yarran, Bettts, Garlett, Waite, Kruz, Murph, Setant.

Hopefully we'll pick up Robbo in the draft too.

Carlton the stooges of trade week, what a great deal Brisbane got, it couldn't happen to a nicer club and to think they did it all by themselves.
the 3 stooges Ratten ( curly) , Kernahan (Shep ) Swan ( Mo )

I agree 100% on the Robbo call. Would easily get 30-40+ goals next year. The experience he will bring would be awesome. Even if he plugs the hole for 2 years he'd be a good pick up. I'm sure the boys have something up their sleeve.

I like this idea. Robertson would probably be a good fit in the new structure.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Absolutely stunned to see how little Hendo is rated outside Brisbane.

I knew we existed in a football black hole up here, but my god!

You've got a deadset winner here. A genuine key-position swingman. Good tank, strong body, moves well, great contested grab, and most of all he's a deadset ripper bloke. Well spoken, great attitude and acts as a leader on the field.

In terms of his persona, he is the Anti-Fev. A great opportunity for Carlton to make a statement.

Prediction: you guys will have a massive man-crush on him within a week.

You've got a deadset winner here. A genuine key-position swingman. Good tank, strong body, moves well, great contested grab, and most of all he's a deadset ripper bloke. Well spoken, great attitude and acts as a leader on the field.

In terms of his persona, he is the Anti-Fev. A great opportunity for Carlton to make a statement.

Not all TBD....I saw a bit of Hendo in his U18 year, very happy with picking him up :thumbsu:

We got abit lucky here....

If Fev had to go (still not 100% convinced, but for arguments sake I will go with it)....

Yesterday offered us a terrible deal, which WE accepted and then lucked out when their guys didnt want to come.

Today they upgraded their deal a fair bit and WE accepted.

We got a lil lucky on this one guys

lets hope the afl now allows us to put Stevens salary into the injury payments for long term injured now we may need it.

I just don't see how giving fev to Brisbane for a young kid will help us it wont well not now anyway so we go back to the bottom for another 3 years do we now.

I haven't heard much about him but that is awesome news! :thumbsu: LoL @ man crush.

As the saying goes. When one door closes, another one opens..

got any tissues to come with that description?

you just made me make a mess...

I couldn't be a happier man tbh

Hey BrownDog - don't always agree with everything you post but good to see you reacting to the trade in a mature manner.

Hate to see clubs bagging out departing players.

I genuinely think this is a win/win (or as close as possible given the extraordinary circumstances with Fevola).

Seem Henderson has been pretty highly thought of in a lot of threads on teh Carlton board but seems he may also have been surplus to requirements at the Lions with Fev on board so hopefully it works out well for him.

I don't know Hendo, but TBD I do know he's exactly the type of player we should be pursuing. I'm very happy to see him coming the other way in this trade.

Remove this Banner Ad

Fevola Deal Done

Remove this Banner Ad

Back