Fevola fined $10,000

Remove this Banner Ad

I haven't read the whole thread, but I heard some mumblings that aside from the $10k fine he will miss out on about $100k from his contract, due to a behavioural clause that he has obviously now broken..? Any truth to that?

If Chris Judd was a half decent captain he would have stopped Fev before he got out of hand.

If Brisbane's captain was a half decent leader he would have prevented Jonathan Brown from turning up pissed to the AA awards. Hold on a second. Jonathan Brown is Brisbane's captain. Credit where it is due, he was leading from the front in the drinking stakes.

I hope Goodes was tanked the way he was carrying on. Would have been interesting if he had won.
Would not be surprised if the AFL made it a dry room in future with drinks only available outside in the lobby!

He is an embarrassment to himself and the club and I beleive the sooner his career at the Blues is over the better. We should have traded him a couple of seasons ago (and I would still trade him now if it were up to me), he wont ever change, and IMO we would be better off as an organisation without him or anyone else that has so little respect for the club or himself.

I have to disagree with you on this one ..Fev is a colman medallist at an integral part of our side ..with him at FF we have a shot at a flag over the next 3-4 years ...take him out and it would set us back years .
sure he's a moron and should never drink ..but he performs on the field ..and in this case thats what matters .
It's not as he did anything really wrong anyway ...he went overboard in having a good time ..it reflects badly on him and the club ..but we need Fev.

I'm glad the club took the action they did, 10K should make him think twice next time ( i hope o: )

Gee $10,000 for someone earning $500,000+ is pretty weak. On par with Serena Williams wrist slap. Carlton wimped out here, only last year wasn't it when the CEO or whoever said Fev was on his last chance?

The AFL should ban this bloke from attending any future Brownlow medals. He doesn't learn from past mistakes and is a slur on your club.

my 2c worth

If you think that drivel was worth 2cents then you are dreaming . :rolleyes:

Gee $10,000 for someone earning $500,000+ is pretty weak. On par with Serena Williams wrist slap. Carlton wimped out here, only last year wasn't it when the CEO or whoever said Fev was on his last chance?

The AFL should ban this bloke from attending any future Brownlow medals. He doesn't learn from past mistakes and is a slur on your club.

my 2c worth
Get a life mate,$10,000 to act stupid. I bet Fevola would love Mike Sheehan article saying Carlton should ban him from going to the brownlow Medal for life. It wouldn't surprise me if he wanted to get kicked out for life so he doesn't have to attend a boring night of hearing Demetriou count votes.

I be very suprised to know any cool player who would enjoy that,the wives and girlfriend do because they like to dress up for it and be on TV.

I know if i was in his shoes i would hoping the night would finish so i can have a proper night with your friends that are not boring stuck ups.

my 2c worth they should not telecast the brownlow and just give the award to the player after round 22,how boring was it watching it on TV.

I hate to imagine some players probably walking in and out all night like a wedding you don't want to be at.

Sack him! Then send him to Punt Rd!

He can drink and use his massive oversized dildos all he likes if he kicks 80+ goals for the year for us.

Get a life mate,$10,000 to act stupid. I bet Fevola would love Mike Sheehan article saying Carlton should ban him from going to the brownlow Medal for life. It wouldn't surprise me if he wanted to get kicked out for life so he doesn't have to attend a boring night of hearing Demetriou count votes.

I be very suprised to know any cool player who would enjoy that,the wives and girlfriend do because they like to dress up for it and be on TV.

I know if i was in his shoes i would hoping the night would finish so i can have a proper night with your friends that are not boring stuck ups.

my 2c worth they should not telecast the brownlow and just give the award to the player after round 22,how boring was it watching it on TV.

I hate to imagine some players probably walking in and out all night like a wedding you don't want to be at.

you are avoiding the real issue here. Fev has Carlton by the clackers, he has had more last chances than anyone. The club said he would be sacked for anymore alcohol indiscretions and he gets a fine. To me that says Fev can do as he likes.

A real asset to your club:eek:

What Fev has done is basically nothing, (from what we've been told) and if it were an isolated or uncommon incident nothing would be thought of it..

But if Fev has any brain cells in that head of his, he'll seek help on the drinking issue...Seems to be a big correlation between Fev being a dildo :p and drinking.

It's not just his football that he could lose, but it seems more likely his family

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As a Collingwood supporter i thought Yeh Fev again, but after seeing a Herald Sun video.
" Swanny, Swanny, Swanny" LOL i actually like Fev.
Shhh tell no one on the Collingwood board.

I am still yet to see or hear anything that actually makes this even newsworthy. Someone had a few drinks, shouted at someone, got on stage and sang, bumped a few people, droped a couple of drinks and said a few swear words. Sound like a every Friday night down the local pub. This whole thing is getting way out of hand.

Fev and J Brown. Champions. Enjoy yourselves, ignore the dimwitrio's of this world.

Would love both of them at North Melbourne, not a chance getting character's of that quality with the conservative toe the sponsor line.

Haven't laughed so much in a footy season since Mark Jackson was playing.

Small change for Fev.

Good onya Carlton Football Club. It had to do something, and a $10k fine is pretty significant. You would have thought someone who turns 29 in January would be able to determine what is appropriate behaviour, and what is not.

Only 10k? Cmon take 1/3rd of his payment off him. Acted like a tool and doesnt deserve to be getting any of his money. 10k is just a slap in the wrist for AFL football players (NAP)

[quote=HBF;15828391]Good onya Carlton Fnootball Club. It had to do something, and a $10k fine is pretty significat. You would have thought someone who turns 29 in January would be able to determine what is appropriate behaviour, and what is not.[/quote]

Weak as piss Carlton :confused:

This latest punishment comes just 18 months after the repeat offender was also fined $10,000 by the Blues for urinating in public after a big night out on the eve of the 2008 season.
Blues chief executive Greg Swann said at the time Fevola would be sacked if he was involved in another alcohol-related incident - but the reigning Coleman medallist has escaped the ultimate punishment.

Without sounding snobby, I can make $10,000 in a month. For a footballer player, hit him hard in the pocket. That will teach him to be a good boy next time.

So angry at the fine. Should have been much more

Without sounding snobby, I can make $10,000 in a month. For a footballer player, hit him hard in the pocket. That will teach him to be a good boy next time.

Get a real club. Think. Post.

This latest punishment comes just 18 months after the repeat offender was also fined $10,000 by the Blues for urinating in public after a big night out on the eve of the 2008 season.
Blues chief executive Greg Swann said at the time Fevola would be sacked if he was involved in another alcohol-related incident - but the reigning Coleman medallist has escaped the ultimate punishment.

All good points. We should have acted instantly the moment there was a hint of trouble - like your team did with....... hang on a sec...

You must have us Carlton supporters confused with people who give a $hit with what your angry about and what you can earn in a month. Go and vent on your own board.

Remove this Banner Ad

Fevola fined $10,000

Remove this Banner Ad

Back