Fevola on the cheap?

Remove this Banner Ad

Everyone had the same reaction over Cousins when he was at the height of his issues and he managed to sort himself out and play some good footy.

Yes I would consider it. Obv numerous conditions would be in place.

Everyone had the same reaction over Cousins when he was at the height of his issues and he managed to sort himself out and play some good footy.

Yes I would consider it. Obv numerous conditions would be in place.
Numerous conditions were in place @ brissy and a couple of minders as well. They failed because he allows nothing to interfere with his pleasure, no matter how much damage it causes to those around him.

He's a loose canon and a horrific example for our young guys :eek:

Exactly the same spurious arguments for getting Fev were made before Brisbane got him.

I would not touch him with your bargepole.
Insanity to even consider it in my opinion.

You've just won the premiership with a youngish list

Why get the temperamental Fev?

Don't worry, we are negotiating with the AFL on a "special" 2 game deal for Fev, he will only play rounds 3 and 17 next season for us.:p

do-not-want-dog.jpg

I was stupid enough to suggest we go after Fevola last year when the Blues wanted to offload him, instead of chasing Jolly.

I now apologise for that notion, and am glad that we will never see Fev in the Black and White.

Therefore the answer is a definite no!

i think your apology is lacking visions - i want to see something definitive that shows that you were WRONG :D

You've just won the premiership with a youngish list

Why get the temperamental Fev?

it would be interesting to see the reactions if we werent in our current beautiful situation.

ID RATHER EAT DIRT.

I reckon Fev would kick 100 goals, straighten us up and improve our accuracy - all adding to an meaningfuly improved chance at the next 3 flags. Sure he's a risk but we could sack him as soon as stepped out of line and he'd know it.

You could argue we just won a flag without him so why do we need him but in a pure football sense he would make a meaningful improvement to our side. He is a much better player than Tarrant.

Cheap and with the right contract I reckon MM and Buckley couls make it work. Even if it only worked for a year or two it would be worthwhile.

The reality is, though, we can't get him. If he is sacked, which I highly doubt, he be open to all in the draft. You wouldn't use a first round pick on him in our position and he wouldn't last to our pick in the PSD unless we have a ghorror year.

I reckon Fev would kick 100 goals, straighten us up and improve our accuracy - all adding to an meaningfuly improved chance at the next 3 flags. Sure he's a risk but we could sack him as soon as stepped out of line and he'd know it.

You could argue we just won a flag without him so why do we need him but in a pure football sense he would make a meaningful improvement to our side. He is a much better player than Tarrant.

Cheap and with the right contract I reckon MM and Buckley couls make it work. Even if it only worked for a year or two it would be worthwhile.

The reality is, though, we can't get him. If he is sacked, which I highly doubt, he be open to all in the draft. You wouldn't use a first round pick on him in our position and he wouldn't last to our pick in the PSD unless we have a ghorror year.
:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::D:D:D:D:D

You just have to be joking

The biggest f@ckup in the league and you want to recruit him to destroy the values in our younger players that we have spent YEARS fostering????

SIDE BY SIDE

He has no comprehension of what that means

:thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It just gets down to how many chances do you reasonably give a troubled individual.

The problem is that when you are chronologically 'grown up', you are suddenly accountable, whether you have developed the skills or not.

But some people, for whatever reason, weren't born with, or taught, those skills you need to cope with all the pressures, situations, strokes of good or bad luck, temptations, pitfalls that life tends to throw at you, especially if for whatever reason, you have a higher profile than average.

At what stage do you stop trying to help.. and turn your back and give up on that person?

Fev is guilty of a bunch of immature misdeameanours. Nothing really nasty or sociopathic.

But he has caused serious angst to many people, the 'AFL brand', the Blues and Lions Footy clubs.

It's not easy... some lucky people see it black and white, either 'sack the idiot' or 'get off his back, it was nothing', but I'm afraid it's not clear to me.

As I said earlier, I feel very, very sorry for Fev and wish that someone close to him can somehow turn his life around.

Such an extraordinary footy talent, so much chance to set up his life, but so close now to disappearing down the drain.

Should he be sacked, people en masse turn their back on him, he may not have the life skills to cope with that.

Personally, I really hope he gets the help I think he deserves and people don't write him off.

Sure he's a risk but we could sack him as soon as stepped out of line and he'd know it.
What if he also loses us a sponsor, or brings some kids down with him? Worse still, he could do nothing wrong but just be a bad influence around the club. I get what you're saying about in a pure football aspect he'd fill a role and play well, but it's all the baggage you get with him which is what we just don't want or need at the club.

Don't forget he was about to be sacked in 2001 for being a bad influence around the club and he hadn't done anything wrong publicly. I think there's a lot more to Fev than has been told.

Cousins would have clearly been the better choice if we wanted a risky player. Fev is a train wreck with "derail" written all over him.
I got nothing against the bloke, he just not fit in our side or spirit.

You've got to admit though, it would be great to see him win a premiership medal wearing black and white. And i think that MM and Eddie could control him. But I agree, don't think he fits in with our culture. He would come extremely cheap. Good to see Eddie giving him his support... just worries me a little.

He has had gambling and drinking issues since he was first drafted.

Fev winning a medal at Collingwood would be stealing a medal from a Collingwood player. He does not deserve a medal at Collingwood no matter how many goals he kicks.

Maybe so, but I know a lot of Carlton supporters who would hate it sooo much if he won one at the Pies.

Maybe so, but I know a lot of Carlton supporters who would hate it sooo much if he won one at the Pies.

Priorities my friend, priorities.
We would never hear the end of "you've only won a flag cause of Fev" from your mates.
By the way i nominate this thread for the most hilarious in '11 :thumbsu:

Apart from Fev's baggage of drinking, gambling and bad behavior, he is also clearly stupid. Didn't he have an on field brain fade at the end of 2009 when his team had a chance of making the finals? Arguing with Qld police is not the work of a smart person.

And what about his club? Taking him out drinking because they were worried about them? On whose expert advice did they do this?

I hope it works out for him but not at Collingwood.

While the sentiment is worthy, it would be like throwing away a winning lotto ticket just to prove you don't need the money.

So much hysteria in this thread about 'Protecting our precious young players'.

Like we have some list full of angels. Not long ago we had a guy in court for serious assault, numerous players involved in drink driving, a players house coping a drive by shooting and rape allegations.

Remove this Banner Ad

Fevola on the cheap?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back