Fevola

Remove this Banner Ad

We need a Fevola in the team...but the real question is can we have Fevola at the CLUB??

Draft a KPF and let him develop in WAFL abit while Fev kicks goals would be ideal...Fev could easily kick 40-50 goals a season.

Haha you'd certainly know all about that.

The guy is a headcase, pure and simple. We already have Michael Johnson thanks.

At least we would have a "headcase" who kicks heaps of goals. People seem to think if we draft Fevola he will be moving into their family home.

If this "alcoholic headcase" can kick 3.5 goals a game that would seem to be his base-starting point. He might be a 100 goal a year Full Forward with us.

People saying NO, must only be basing that decision on his character, as his football ability cannot be questioned. Would possibily be the second best Full Forward playing next year behind Buddy. Yes he has made a fool of himself, on more than occassion, however what he has done is no different to what dozens of footy players did in the VFL through the 70's and 80's. Todays clean cut goody two shoes corporate image is rubbish. The guy would be devestating in Subiaco oval. Upside is far greater than downside....Go Get Him!!!!

Of course people are basing their negative responses on his character. I don't think anyone could seriously argue that he can't play footy. But you can disagree with the 'clean cut goody two shoes corporate image' all you want, it is a reality with modern footy.

That said, I'm actually surprised that I wouldn't mind us picking him up. As others have said, bung him on a short, strict contract and roll the dice. Worst case scenario - he ****s up and we get rid of him. I doubt even the rabid WA media will be able to spin it as the clubs fault. Best case - he does well and we get an absolute bargain.

People saying NO, must only be basing that decision on his character, as his football ability cannot be questioned. Would possibily be the second best Full Forward playing next year behind Buddy. Yes he has made a fool of himself, on more than occassion, however what he has done is no different to what dozens of footy players did in the VFL through the 70's and 80's. Todays clean cut goody two shoes corporate image is rubbish. The guy would be devestating in Subiaco oval. Upside is far greater than downside....Go Get Him!!!!

Of course it is based on his character. I think it would be a distraction to have him around the club. He will be under constant scrutiny around Perth wherever he goes, he will inevitably get into trouble because some hot-head will provoke an incident to big-note himself. Let's just save ourselves the angst.

Of course the decision would be purely business based as all other factors are irrelevant to the new FFC.

Can he perform ? Yes
Is he better than we have ? Yes
Can he be controlled? For a rookie spot it's worth the risk.

Seems like the business case has been answered.

Fev to Freo

Of course people are basing their negative responses on his character. I don't think anyone could seriously argue that he can't play footy. But you can disagree with the 'clean cut goody two shoes corporate image' all you want, it is a reality with modern footy.

That said, I'm actually surprised that I wouldn't mind us picking him up. As others have said, bung him on a short, strict contract and roll the dice. Worst case scenario - he ****s up and we get rid of him. I doubt even the rabid WA media will be able to spin it as the clubs fault. Best case - he does well and we get an absolute bargain.

i'd argue his ability. too old, too fat, too unfit. any half decent defence would pants him, not exactly tearing it up at casey. He was crap at Bris, nearly 3 years ago by next rd1.

i'd argue his ability. too old, too fat, too unfit. any half decent defence would pants him, not exactly tearing it up at casey. He was crap at Bris, nearly 3 years ago by next rd1.
Exactly. Would need a massive preseason just to get back to minimal AFL standard. Big preseason's being difficult for players beyond 30.

IMO better to risk and lose than not risk at all...fcuk the media and what everyone else thinks - will he make us better is the question and if the club's answer is yes, then he is worth taking the risk.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Are you really that fkng naive to think that once someone makes a couple of mistakes in life, they pick up some sort contagious idiot disease?

Don't be so god damn naive.

It's not his off-field mistakes that bother me, it's the reports from Brissie about how he used to openly mock young Brisbane players who voluntarily did extra weights sessions.

Fev is the football equivalent of the too-cool-for-school kid who wanders around the classroom teasing anyone trying to do their work. We don't need that immature shit when we're trying to develop a culture that consistently produces A+ students.

I can handle off-field characters like Cousins who are impeccably professional on the track, but Fev is the worst of both worlds.

Never thought I'd say this but he can play!

Rookie pick up
Minimum wage (40k pa)
Per Game payment
Curfew of 11pm between Feb -October
Contract clause: no drinking, no online gambling, otherwise goneski.
Fremantle clause can terminate at it's sole discretion.
Automatic termination if he's within 500m of Burswood

If he agrees to all the above conditions bring him over.

Perth is a small town if he even breath the wrong way they'll find out.

It's not his off-field mistakes that bother me, it's the reports from Brissie about how he used to openly mock young Brisbane players who voluntarily did extra weights sessions.

Fev is the football equivalent of the too-cool-for-school kid who wanders around the classroom teasing anyone trying to do their work. We don't need that immature shit when we're trying to develop a culture that consistently produces A+ students.

I can handle off-field characters like Cousins who are impeccably professional on the track, but Fev is the worst of both worlds.

This is exactly my concern with Fev. You also have the big problem of Fev being unable to sustain forward pressure which I am sure will be a big part of Rossy's game plan.

Vague BF reports aren't my cup of tea, you got sauce?

You don't get to be king of the hill in a sport like ours if you don't do your due dilligence on the training track. Fev has probably been the best FF of this generation. He hasn't got there by simply being gifted and lazy.

Same goes for the losing 16 kilo thing from a few months back. If a few shakes is all it took, every man and his nagging wife would be on them. It's not easy. Hard work and dedication is the only way that sort of thing happens.

nowantp1.gif

TaiSlim

That says all you need to know about Fevola's genuine desire to get back playing footy. Hard work on the training track? Nope. A freaking celebrity diet shake.

Ben Cousins' footy resume puts Brendan Fevola's to shame. Cousins still worked his ass off to get a second chance at AFL football though. He didn't sit back and say things like "WC would have won the flag in 2011 if I was still playing." Talking about how much you want something, is very different to proving you want something. As they say, talk is cheap and all Fevola has been doing is talking.

Never thought I'd say this but he can play!

Rookie pick up
Minimum wage (40k pa)
Per Game payment
Curfew of 11pm between Feb -October
Contract clause: no drinking, no online gambling, otherwise goneski.
Fremantle clause can terminate at it's sole discretion.
Automatic termination if he's within 500m of Burswood

If he agrees to all the above conditions bring him over.

Perth is a small town if he even breath the wrong way they'll find out.

C'mon thats a bit harsh, how on earth is he going to see the new Dein Perry "Tap Dogs'' or John Farnhams newest ''Farewell Version 4.0 Tour'' from 500m away? Surely your not going to take away his ability to watch quality shows like that are you???........

Have a mate who is a close family friend of the Fevolas (knows Fev's dad from lacrosse for decades).

Basically, Fev will not stay mentally or physically intact if his little girls are not with him, and they are definitely staying in Melbourne. Within days of the girls boarding the plane at Brisbane airport last year he self-destructed.

TaiSlim

That says all you need to know about Fevola's genuine desire to get back playing footy. Hard work on the training track? Nope. A freaking celebrity diet shake.
Are you really that naive? It takes more than a bloody diet shake to get back into shape. It takes eating healthy and exercising as well, which he would've had to do.

Are you really that naive? It takes more than a bloody diet shake to get back into shape. It takes eating healthy and exercising as well, which he would've had to do.

It also takes a multivitamin supplement and adequate sleep. It's TaiSlim science!

I must admit though, maintaining a healthy diet and exercise really sets Fev apart from regular joe. It highlights his burning desire to go above and beyond to get back into the AFL. I mean I know Veronica Johnson lost 48 pounds and Rodger McGee lost 105 pounds, but Fev is different from them, he had to work really, really, really hard.

I'm sorry Yellow Mit, but I can't imagine any other serious athlete turning to a diet shake in order to get back into shape.

Have a mate who is a close family friend of the Fevolas (knows Fev's dad from lacrosse for decades).

Basically, Fev will not stay mentally or physically intact if his little girls are not with him, and they are definitely staying in Melbourne. Within days of the girls boarding the plane at Brisbane airport last year he self-destructed.

/thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Fevola

Remove this Banner Ad

Back