Fevola

Remove this Banner Ad

OK - forget he's a knob....choose one of the below -

He is old, a year out of football and his total lack of chase in the modern forward line will make him a liability.

PS Robinson did show something this year Mem's

His year out of football (apologies to VFL players who must be wondering what the "F" stands for) was not self imposed Nathan Ablett style. He was forced out partly for taking a photo of a non-school girl.

His total lack of chase compares favourably with other "non-chasing" Full Forwards ...

2010 Tackles/game

LJurrah 1.9
MLeCras 1.7
JKoschitzke 1.7
BFevola 1.6
BHall 1.2
JBrown 0.9

I'd rather an extra 2-3 goals per game than an extra half a tackle per game.

His year out of football (apologies to VFL players who must be wondering what the "F" stands for) was not self imposed Nathan Ablett style. He was forced out partly for taking a photo of a non-school girl.

His total lack of chase compares favourably with other "non-chasing" Full Forwards ...

2010 Tackles/Game

LJurrah 1.9
MLeCras 1.7
JKoschitzke 1.7
BFevola 1.6
BHall 1.2
JBrown 0.9

I'd rather an extra 2-3 goals per game than an extra half a tackle per game.

2012 is not 2010 - he spent 2011 out of the highest level of the game.

Please no Cousins comparrisons, Cousins was a training machine ...Fev didn't even start trying for half a season.

Plus hands up who thinks Fev will suit Lyons style of coaching ...there will be a reason that no one will touch him.

Give the spot to a kid, sheesh give it to Beau Wilkes if we want a non-chasing target.

Anyway I'll leave you Fev fans to lament the fact that he aint coming anywhere near our fine club.

It's the same deal we should have struck with Cousins in 2009. It's a joke our team is too afraid to put it's balls to the wall here and sign good players just due to some "issues". Collingwood have had numerous scandals this year and they made it to a grand final. If they can play put them in, if we have players in our team too weak and able to be guided by someone new with bad ideas then we should probably find that out now rather than keep with these mental fragiles for another 5 years.

It's the same deal we should have struck with Cousins in 2009. It's a joke our team is too afraid to put it's balls to the wall here and sign good players just due to some "issues". Collingwood have had numerous scandals this year and they made it to a grand final. If they can play put them in, if we have players in our team too weak and able to be guided by someone new with bad ideas then we should probably find that out now rather than keep with these mental fragiles for another 5 years.

Cousins was taken by Richmond at the last moment.

Think about that Mems.

Yeah because when I think of hard trainers and the discipline to stay fit in a season off - I find it almost impossible to split Cousins and Fev.

As I said Mems ...how woul you see Fev fitting into Lyon's gameplan which is based on discipline and everyone working hard for the others.

Fev is a square peg in a round coin slot machine.

Everyone has their role in the team. For some that is chase, others to kick goals.

When you're one of the best FF's in the league, you don't need to be a jack of all trades. The talentless hacks can do that part.

That was also the worst pun ever Moo. Ever.

Yeah because when I think of hard trainers and the discipline to stay fit in a season off - I find it almost impossible to split Cousins and Fev.

As I said Mems ...how woul you see Fev fitting into Lyon's gameplan which is based on discipline and everyone working hard for the others.

Fev is a square peg in a round coin slot machine.

Nice one at the end there. RE: cousins comparisons, he was a mid, Fev is a fwd. Cuz needed to run all day, that's his job, Fev's would be to kick goals, different set of skills, different training. That he doesn't train and still kicks goals is upside not downside. Worth the risk and not desperate at all, calculated.

I'd rather use our last pick on Fevola, who if he tries hard enough, can break a game apart, then on a guy who will spend maybe at most 2 years on the rookie list and then get delisted without ever being used.

What odds do you think I would get?

I think our odds of a premiership improve with this move. Top 8, top 4... not good enough. You want to win? It's about risk. Who would have thought Jpod would work out?

Not sure which part of not leaving Victoria is foreign to you lot.

It will be impossible for Fev to stay out of trouble in Perth. Impossible! He needs his children around him to stay sane. They won't be coming to Perth with him, so he won't be coming to Perth.

In a perfect world, every team would want someone with Fev's ability at FF. But Fev's world is not a perfect world. If he can't stay out of trouble in Brisbane, he's got no hope in hell of staying out of trouble in Perth.

So basically, Dormammu provides the most definitive reason to not get him, and bogan dribblers ignore it and continue to babble on with shit about how he would make Freo a better side. Talk about wilful stupidity.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So basically, Dormammu provides the most definitive reason to not get him, and bogan dribblers ignore it and continue to babble on with shit about how he would make Freo a better side. Talk about wilful stupidity.

Selective blindness and genetically imprinted stupidity is rampant around here.

P.S. Leave us Bogans out of it;)

Getting Fev is a bandaid fix that should only be applied by clubs with f-kd up list managers that are looking for the easy goals on the cheap.

From the words in the off season by Lyon and Bondy we have shown signs on being more professional and making long term plans for the fututre success of the club. Recruiting Fev does not fit our list model no matter what the price and he will cause so many problems it's not funny.

The extra resources and time spent on managing this 'kid like' behavior will set us backwards and not let us focus on footy and development.

Would you want the last rookie spot taken up by a many who may not last a full year and only leave us in a position where we need to fill his shoes again for 2013
OR
would you like the extra time and money spent into developing the "Johnson's" on our list to ensure years of success.

You don't need hindsight to work out what will happen next year if our recruiters have a massive brain fart and pick him up.

I will seriously microwave my membership if Fev is in Freo colours in 2012.

In Bond we trust.

Interestingly, and to digress slightly, my mate asked me why we didn't try to lure Levi Kerr, Daniel's younger brother, away from lacrosse.

Apparently he's one of Oz's top players, in a sport that is incredibly fast and physical (notwithstanding the body armour).

And the family has got a good sporting pedigree, iirc there's a sister who plays for the Oz womens soccer team.

Interestingly, and to digress slightly, my mate asked me why we didn't try to lure Levi Kerr, Daniel's younger brother, away from lacrosse.

We've already had one lawsuit from the w***ers at Levi Strauss, they'd probably expect another cheque if we drafted him.

Getting Fev is a bandaid fix that should only be applied by clubs with f-kd up list managers that are looking for the easy goals on the cheap.

From the words in the off season by Lyon and Bondy we have shown signs on being more professional and making long term plans for the fututre success of the club. Recruiting Fev does not fit our list model no matter what the price and he will cause so many problems it's not funny.

The extra resources and time spent on managing this 'kid like' behavior will set us backwards and not let us focus on footy and development.

Would you want the last rookie spot taken up by a many who may not last a full year and only leave us in a position where we need to fill his shoes again for 2013
OR
would you like the extra time and money spent into developing the "Johnson's" on our list to ensure years of success.

You don't need hindsight to work out what will happen next year if our recruiters have a massive brain fart and pick him up.

I will seriously microwave my membership if Fev is in Freo colours in 2012.

In Bond we trust.
I'll take them.

I'll take your membership too, so please don't microwave it.

I dont think the argument anymore is should he play for us next year, its obvious he wont with the children and leaving home situation.
I do think his viability can be argued even if it is an impossibility. So don't patronise those arguing after the point of his children has been made, its still a debateable topic

I dont think the argument anymore is should he play for us next year, its obvious he wont with the children and leaving home situation.
I do think his viability can be argued even if it is an impossibility. So don't patronise those arguing after the point of his children has been made, its still a debateable topic
Completely agree. Just because it's not YOUR opinion does not mean it has no validity.

Pull the trigger.

We're here to win a flag. The club has clearly identified the need for a tall. Fevola for nothing with Pav at CHF, and we have the most dangerous spine in the league.

Get it done.

Completely agree. Just because it's not YOUR opinion does not mean it has no validity.

Argue about the merits or otherwise of Fev in the team all you like. That is not going to change the fact that if we draft him he will be unable to concentrate on his footy. It would be unhealthy for Freo and it would be unhealthy for Fev.

Remove this Banner Ad

Fevola

Remove this Banner Ad

Back