Resource FFGenie 2012.1

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: FFGenie 2010.1

You can download R6 files from http://drop.io/ffgenie
Just sort by Date and it should be up the top. e.g. DT-R6.ffz for dreamteam, SC-R6.ffz for supercoach etc.

Just trying to load the DT R6 file now, and it says

Import Error

Not in GZIP Format

Have tried to open both the zipped version (.ffz.gz) and the unzipped version (.ffz)

Any ideas? I need my breakevens ! :p

Are you on a Mac? I seem to have trouble with safari.

rename the file to .ffz (not unpacked)

Not on a Mac, but downloaded the file through Chrome - might have been the issue with it being a webkit browser.

Anyway, renamed the .ffz.gz to .ffz and it worked fine - thanks mate! :)

With some big help from chadleverington, FFGenie has been moved to a new host and a new domain. Big :thumbsu: to chad.

Redirect your bookmarks to http://ffgenie.com

This is version 2010.3 fixes two bugs:
1. Saved files with filters containing a Position fail to load.
2. Weekly and overall rank are mixed up when updating in user teams.

With some big help from chadleverington, FFGenie has been moved to a new host and a new domain. Big :thumbsu: to chad.

Awesome news. I was just about to post and ask how I could donate to get you onto your new host (without a 'click here to donate' link).
Great work Grimlock and a big big :thumbsu: to Chad

Grimlock, To determine your expected price increase for the next round. Whats score do you use? Do you use there current average. EG: Hargave 60 avg and BE of 42 and expected price range of 6k~.

Grimlock, To determine your expected price increase for the next round. Whats score do you use? Do you use there current average. EG: Hargave 60 avg and BE of 42 and expected price range of 6k~.
Yep average.

Thanks grimlock, as usual a very very useful FF tool. :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Grimlock, is there a way to get the current average score across the competition from FFGenie? I couldn't see one, but I imagine it would be quite easy to add (though it's a very low use feature).

If not, does anyone else have this figure? I'd like to use it to attempt to extrapolate this years winning score :) I did this in the off season based on the relative salary cap increase, but my gut feeling is that the average player score has gone up again (at least in the first 6 rounds), which means my estimate will be low.

Do you mean the average player score? Just copy all (Ctrl - A, then Ctrl - C), paste into Excel

Sum up the Total column, sum up the games played column and divide the first by the second.

Hi Grimlock.
First of all can i say i love the Genie. Great work
My issue is with the new version 3 and the new site. My work has blocked the site and i cant get into it. Any chance of making a "local" version available that we can download and run? (just like you did with ver1 and 2?

You can download the program itself from http://sourceforge.net/projects/ffgenie

Unzip and if Java is installed correctly, just double click on the FFGenie.jar and it will start

Do you mean the average player score? Just copy all (Ctrl - A, then Ctrl - C), paste into Excel

Sum up the Total column, sum up the games played column and divide the first by the second.

That worked well....interestingly the global average after 6 rounds is considerably lower than the previous two years, whereas scores seem to be higher overall....it would seem that it's just a few players with really high averages that are doing the damage at the top of the table.

Given this, figuring out the winning score based on previous years will not work. I guess the Barlow factor will also be a prominant change over previous years (shame Liam Anthony went down last year otherwise it would be comparable).

That worked well....interestingly the global average after 6 rounds is considerably lower than the previous two years, whereas scores seem to be higher overall....it would seem that it's just a few players with really high averages that are doing the damage at the top of the table.

Given this, figuring out the winning score based on previous years will not work. I guess the Barlow factor will also be a prominant change over previous years (shame Liam Anthony went down last year otherwise it would be comparable).
I haven't done Round 6, but at Round 5, the scoring was slightly higher than last year and a lot higher than 2008.

I haven't done Round 6, but at Round 5, the scoring was slightly higher than last year and a lot higher than 2008.

Now I'm doing the maths right (stupid brain)...I get 72.003 as the current average, which is only slightly up on last year. Using this figure with my previously calculated target based on the slight relative salary cap increase, I put the target winning score at around 47600 or an average of 2163. Last years winner averaged around 2136.

I reckon the final figure will be higher than 47600 due to the Barlow factor, but it will be interesting to see how accurate this is by years end :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back