List Mgmt. FFS can we give Lynch a contract

Remove this Banner Ad

Both Fogarty and TT are AFL standard.

I'm not concerned about our KPF stocks at all. I'd be getting rid of Frampton, Berg and Lynch though and bringing in an additional tall.
Fogarty at this point looks like a poor mans Stringer to me. Could come good but probably won’t. Sure we keep him but we need at least 2 more genuine KPFs on our list to have any chance of completing with the big boys.

Fogarty at this point looks like a poor mans Stringer to me. Could come good but probably won’t. Sure we keep him but we need at least 2 more genuine KPFs on our list to have any chance of completing with the big boys.

My view is he will end up being better than Stringer. Think you are being extremely harsh on him.

Got the potential to be an absolute A Grader.

We need midfielders not KPFs.

Think he'll get a one year contract extension now. Walker being suspended means we don't have any senior players in the front half.

the last thing we need is more of the same. The crutch of our club has always been that we need to not deviate from the norm, we need to train the newbies to be exactly the same. Best result is that Sloane is moved on and we don't re-sign anyone else and Doedee takes control.

If Tex doesn't play on then maybe.

Had a great game, best I've seen from Lynch in some time. Showcasing what he can provide to a contender that he should go to next year (unless he milks a team like GC to a longer deal).

I think Lynch's performance the other night pushed up his value to a respective club. Hoping we get a late 2nd rounder for him.

Hmm… A few weeks ago I didn’t want to see Tommy The Unready in a Crows guernsey again.

He has been one of our better players since his return though, and one of the few that look like kicking goals.

Also, I’m not sure who on the list currently looks like replacing him long term.

So long as we can finally get rid of #14, and he doesn’t try and play injured, I’m almost inclined to keep him on for another year.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Both Fogarty and TT are AFL standard.

I'm not concerned about our KPF stocks at all. I'd be getting rid of Frampton, Berg and Lynch though and bringing in an additional tall.
If they move out Walker and Hinmelberg they definitely will look to bring someone in. Riccardi and Coleman-Jones seem to get linked to us. Nick's would have known Riccardi from his time at gws. Weideman may be out of Melbourne as well and could be another option if he wants to get out of melb.
I think a forward line of Thilthorpe, Fogarty, Riccardi/Coleman-Jones, Gollant, Cook, Rankine(2023), Sloane could work. They may bring Wingard in cheap if he wants to come home and hawthorn want to clear salary. If the Hawks pay some of the salary they may have a look. I probably wouldn't go there but he would be an upgrade on Murphy or Rowe.

Last edited:
If they move out Walker and Hinmelberg they definitely will look to bring someone in. Riccardi and Coleman-Jones get linked to us. Nick's would have known Riccardi from his time at gws. Weideman may be out of Melbourne as well.
Or we just play either McAsey or Murray forward....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Or we just play either McAsey or Murray forward....
Have to play at least one back and need cover for unjury. McAsey is a bit of a concern that a rookie has overtaken him. Probably why they are trying him forward.

Played ok, but he is 30 and he didn't do anything he hasn't already done. High pressure game, did some alright things, also some horrendous turnovers. Ship him out and see what we can get. We don't need a 30+ year old flat track forward with injury concerns.

Edit:

I want to say that Lynch has played some great games for us, and even if I think he enjoys the flat track a bit, he has added a lot to the side when we have been up and about. However, the value prospect of Lynch as a player is very different for Lynch at 30 compared to Lynch at 25, we aren't up and about and we won't be in time for Lynch to give the requisite value a new contract would warrant.

Last edited:
Are we hoping to trade or delist? Correct me if I’m wrong, he just became worthless in a trade, right. Because we’re getting rid of him anyway?

He's an out of contract free agent. No-one is going to bother trading for him which shows we know he doesn't have any significant trade value.

Are we hoping to trade or delist? Correct me if I’m wrong, he just became worthless in a trade, right. Because we’re getting rid of him anyway?
His value is unchanged because he's a free agent. Even if we wanted to keep him and he was offered a contract elsewhere, we'd be looking at a crappy compensation pick at best

Remove this Banner Ad

Back