Game Day Adelaide vs Brisbane: 4-5 Season alive or 3-6 Give us picks

Remove this Banner Ad

May 24, 2006
Car 55
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Redbacks, Sturt, Liverpool, Arizona
The injury-plagued Lions venture to Adelaide Oval to take on the unchanged Crows.

Both teams are sitting 3-5 with their season on a knife's edge.

Expect a huge crowd for the Crows' traditional Mother's Day afternoon fixture. Unless fans are disappointed we've gone away from the usual 12:15 lunchtime timeslot?

Looking forward to:
Charlie vs Max
Soligo head-to-head with Lachie Neale
Curtin Game 2
Izak and Tex

Sub prediction:
Cook

Should we put a picture of Hugh McCluggage up on the big screen in a Crows' guernsey?

Same as above - everything going for us

Home game , injury hit oppo , oppo struggling to put together a good run and a long break between games

It reads like a great recipe for a win - but are we better than expectations? Or have I been burned so many times with this team?

My tips have been up the shitter this weekend so I may as well continue and tip Crows x 13

Whilst Brisbane might have numerous injuries, their midfield is in tack with exception of Ashcroft.

Most of the injuries are to their forward or backlines - Bailey, McCarthy, Gardiner, Doedee, Coleman and Starcevich.

We need to breakeven in the midfield today. Simple.

Agree - Similar to the PAP game, just got to manufacture enough midfield wins and think our forward line too good for their backline.

Agree - Similar to the PAP game, just got to manufacture enough midfield wins and think our forward line too good for their backline.

Is it though? I don't think we'll see the total team defence breakdowns we saw last week. Harris will make Tex's job tough and don't really think Fog is firing and Berg is a Band-Aid dud. If they can keep Rankine to 12 and 2, I think we'll struggle to kick a score. Need Fog to return to his best form.

Is it though? I don't think we'll see the total team defence breakdowns we saw last week. Harris will make Tex's job tough and don't really think Fog is firing and Berg is a Band-Aid dud. If they can keep Rankine to 12 and 2, I think we'll struggle to kick a score. Need Fog to return to his best form.

Rankine to kick 6 tonight :$

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Preseason I had this game pencilled in as the one to decide whether we would be going up or down. At the time I thought we would be 4-4 and would either stumble or be setting up a good push for the next 3 winnable weeks. 8-4 sounded pretty decent. As it stands we are a game behind that and so even with a win today and the next 3 we only go 7-5.

Also expected Brisbane to be going well. At present we have them wounded.

I am fully expecting a close loss today where we bemoan all the opportunities wasted. I think we will still get back to 6-6 but with the Sydney teams just after and a tough end of the season I would wager we never really get ahead of the ledger and miss finals by a game or two and it's another year wasted.

Preseason I had this game pencilled in as the one to decide whether we would be going up or down. At the time I thought we would be 4-4 and would either stumble or be setting up a good push for the next 3 winnable weeks. 8-4 sounded pretty decent. As it stands we are a game behind that and so even with a win today and the next 3 we only go 7-5.

Also expected Brisbane to be going well. At present we have them wounded.

I am fully expecting a close loss today where we bemoan all the opportunities wasted. I think we will still get back to 6-6 but with the Sydney teams just after and a tough end of the season I would wager we never really get ahead of the ledger and miss finals by a game or two and it's another year wasted.

I wouldn't be banking Hawks at the G. Their style seems to work against us, regardless of how each are travelling.

Beware of the game we are expected to win
This. Bloody this! How many times now have we... GAAAAAGHHH

A must win, should win game. Short price favourite. Everything points to a Crows win. That's why it makes me so nervous.

Crows by 43 if all goes to plan and not to history.

Beware of the game we are expected to win
This would be a massive breakthrough for Nicks

We've put in dismal first halves in these winnable, must-win games previously

Hopefully we can demonstrate that we can cope with expectation

Remove this Banner Ad

Back