Multiplat FIFA 13

Remove this Banner Ad

fifa13.jpg

The details are starting to come thick and fast for FIFA 13, so let the discussion begin.

EA are touting 5 new mechanics, plus the introduction of motion controls (both Move and Kinect).

Published by: EA Sports.
Developed by: EA Canada.
Platforms: PS3, 360, PC, PS2, 3DS, PSP, iPhone, iPad, iTouch.
Release Date: Late 2012.
Genre: Sports/Soccer.
Online/Multiplayer: Yes. Competitive/Be-A-Pro.
Motion Control Compatibility: Playstation Move & Kinect Compatibility.
3D Compatibility: Unconfirmed.

BOXART:
PS3
fifa13catpackpftps3.jpg

fifa13catpackpftx360.jpg

PC
fifa13catpackpftpc.jpg

Source: http://www.godisageek.com/2012/05/fifa-13-details-revealed-packshots-screenshots/
Attacking Intelligence

All-new positioning intelligence infuses attacking players with the ability to analyse plays, and to better position themselves to create new attacking opportunities. Players will work harder and smarter to break down defences, make runs that pull defenders out of position, and open passing channels for teammates. Plus, players possess an off-the-ball vision and the ability to think two plays ahead to create, curve, or alter runs to capitalize on openings as they occur.

Complete Dribbling

Make every touch matter with complete control of the ball. Take on defenders with the freedom to be more creative in attack. Players are more explosive accelerating with the ball, and utilise precise dribble touches with true 360° mobility with the ball while facing a defender. Face an opponent to threaten attack while moving with the ball in any direction to dodge tackles, or turn and shield the ball, maintaining position, and holding off defenders for longer stretches.

FIFA 13 1st Touch Control

A new system eliminates near-perfect control for every player by creating uncertainty when receiving difficult balls. Poor passes are harder to control, enabling defenders to capitalize on errant balls and poor touches. Factors such as defensive pressure, trajectory of the ball, and velocity of the pass all factor into a player’s success. Players with better control and skill stand out. Fewer perfect touches, the potential to over hit passes, more opportunity for loose balls, and greater balance between defending and attacking.

Player Impact Engine

The second generation of the award-winning physics engine expands physical play from just collisions to off-the-ball battles, giving defenders more tools to win back possession. Defenders can use their body to win possession, push and pull for position, and utilise their size and strength to force opponents into poor touches and decisions before the ball arrives.

Tactical Free-Kicks

Create dangerous and unpredictable free kicks. Position up to three attacking players over the ball and confuse opponents with dummy runs, more passing options, and more elaborate free kicks. Opponents can counter by adding or subtracting players to the wall, creeping the wall forward, or sending a bullet man to intercept the pass or block the shot.
Further to that though, a few more key features have been revealed:

New Passes

Two new passing options give players the ability to finesse passes over the outstretched leg of a defender or play lower trajectory lofted through balls into space or to teammates.

FIFA 13 Fundamentals

Essential elements have been refined to make the experience more authentic. Referees will now make better decisions awarding fouls and cards, goalkeeper intelligence has been improved, and Tactical Defending has added lateral mobility for players in defensive containment. Plus, new animations have been developed for off-balance shots, 180° shots, and celebrations.
The new mechanics certainly don't seem as revolutionary as last years were, although last years didn't really show through until the game was actually out. But these don't seem to be attacking the fundamentals all that much.

Will be interesting to see how the new Free Kick system works though. Probably looking forward to that the most.

Looking forward to this. I think this is where I'll make the switch to xbox 360 from ps3.
What do the majority of you guys play it on? Could never really team up with anyone I knew as they all had xbox.
Plus I think the paid nature of xbox live means you get less kiddies and 'OMG MESSI CR7 BARCA REAL' folks.
Although I'm sure you still get them.

Be interesting to see what they do with tactical defending though, for mine that was probably a big change from fifa 11, but I've gotten used to it now.
Some refinements would be a welcome change, oh and some reliability to the online service would be nice too.. Ultimate Team, I'm looking @ you!

Looking forward to this. I think this is where I'll make the switch to xbox 360 from ps3.
What do the majority of you guys play it on? Could never really team up with anyone I knew as they all had xbox.
Plus I think the paid nature of xbox live means you get less kiddies and 'OMG MESSI CR7 BARCA REAL' folks.
Although I'm sure you still get them.
I think you're off base there (just look at COD).

Plus the community on FIFA overall is bigger on PS3 as PS3 is a bigger Euro seller.

Looking forward to this, never been one for soccer or soccer games until i played fifa 09 which was extremely fun, multiple hours of bringing my pro to the top :)

Been playing fifa 12 on pc lately so this looks exciting.

Will be getting this I think. My last FIFA was FIFA 09 which is just ridiculously easy. Just got back into it as I don't have many games but finding it boring already. Took me a season to get a 1 star team up to 4 stars, and beating teams like Man Utd 3-0 on Legendary in my second season.

Wonder if the AI will still be ridiculous?

This.

Playing the AI (especially legendary) makes me want to throw my controller at the tv.

They play like Spain, if there's no opening they pass for like 2 minutes and it's too hard to get the ball.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Karr5.jpg

EB Games Special Edition - $128

Star Metalpack game case
EA Sports Football Club Bootbag
Competition Sized Ball
FIFA Cap
EA Sports Flag
Fifa Ultimate Adidas All Star Team
Kickstart your ultimate team with 24 Gold Packs
Special Gold Pack each week for 6 months
10,000 EA Sports Football Club Credits

nQBRc.jpg

JB Hi-Fi Special Edition - $119

EA Sports Football Club Scarf
EA Sports Mini Ball
EA Sports Cap
Ultimate Team Digital Content

--

EB's special edition is definitely better than JB's but not even close to justifying the extra $50 you pay over the game.

This shit should be like $10 extra because it's not worth anymore.

from ea sports facebook page

Attachments

• 314714_10150994444234288_613816078_n.jpg
    314714_10150994444234288_613816078_n.jpg
    148.7 KB · Views: 79
EB Games are a total rip off, from what they charge for new games, to what they charge for used games, and to what they give for trade ins... The only time I'll go In the near future is when PS4 is released so I can trade all my PS3 stuff in and get a PS4 on release day (fingers crossed that'll be when FIFA14 is due) But I can't see that happening.

If I was guaranteed delivery on release day, I'd get mine online, but with FIFA that's near impossible for online stores to do that with the amount of customers they get.

For me I'll just shop around get the Collector's Edition at the cheapest price available, buy a couple of $30 playstation cards @ DSE in advance and use them to buy UT packs with.

FIFA 13 Fundamentals

Essential elements have been refined to make the experience more authentic. Referees will now make better decisions awarding fouls and cards, goalkeeper intelligence has been improved, and Tactical Defending has added lateral mobility for players in defensive containment. Plus, new animations have been developed for off-balance shots, 180° shots, and celebrations.

Hopefully this will make defending so much better... I played FIFA12 on FIFA11 defending style. since it's been released.

The refs better not send you off for getting the ball and the opposition player falling over himself like in FIFA 12. So frustrating.

I really liked the FIFA 12 Tactical defending system.

Remove this Banner Ad

Multiplat FIFA 13

Remove this Banner Ad

Back