Multiplat FIFA 13

Remove this Banner Ad

Playing against AI I find retaining possession and playing a short passing game is the best option, and use 1st touch flicks as the most adventurous option until you get ahead. I still try skill moves when I get ahead and it is fun when they pay off all be it rare for me.

www.youtube.com/mattgibbs95 and tell me what you think ;)
Sell-out!

I'm very much looking forward to the next FIFA. I bought every copy from 06 to 08, but then settled down a bit and bought it every second year. But now there's a real reliance on having the latest edition: When a mate comes over for some beers, it's always a bit weird when you're playing an outdated version of the game. It's like social suicide! I've also got a fair bit of disposable income (weird words for a uni student living away from home...) so spending a hundred bucks every 12 months isn't a crime.

The things I'm looking forward to is the ability to manage club and country. I've never liked managing a 'big' club, so I'm not after the Spanish job. I personally like the idea of taking Bradford City up the ranks whilst getting Venezuela (who are in this edition, so they say) to the World Cup. It'll add a bit more depth and a bit more interest as well.

Oh yeah, and it's about time that the transfer system became more realistic. No longer will Wazza leave to Lazio and then take off to Liverpool. I always like to do a clean out when I arrive at a club, so the ability to 'trade' players is a welcome addition. Hopefully it'll help me get rid of that sixth centre back...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

After the shambles that was FIFA12, I hold pretty high hopes for this (perhaps naively). PES was by far the better game last year, but if the Attacking AI works in this, it should be much better.

TBH, aside from match presentation, I can't think of anything I like in FIFA 12. The AI was just horrendous, the impact engine completely broken, and the defense system not implemented properly. Every game became tediously predictable, and the scripting/momentum in the game, despite what EA claim, was terrible.

I still put a few hours into it, just because I love football video games, but it didn't get anywhere near the amount of gametime PES2012 got simply because there was depth and variety in those games. Last year, PES played like football and FIFA played like a video game.

In saying that, pretty much all of my issues around FIFA12 appear to be being addressed in FIFA13. I'm really excited for this demo to see how it all comes together, because the potential improvements to AI could save an otherwise stagnating game.

pes is an absolutely pathetic game and has absolutely nothing on fifa. the demo for pes 13 is one of the worst games i've played. horrid.

Good constructive posting. Given there's a lovely Citeh avatar next to that insightful post, I assume that you've been following football casually for about 2 years. If that's the case, then I can see why PES would go way over your head and why FIFA seems so incredibly realistic.

if you think that the last few pes games have been better than fifa since fifa 10 then i really do feel for you.

At what point did I mention anything further back than last year?

I've been playing FIFA religiously since FIFA06, and PES since PES08. Pretty much every year I've preferred FIFA - although they've always been deeply flawed games, they've been at the very least fun, and given how shoddy PES was in the early stages of this generation, there was really no contest.

But last year, PES made incredible advancements in AI and the tactical side of the game. As I said before, there is depth in PES that is far beyond anything FIFA has yet produced. FIFA12, as a video game, was probably fine. But as a football sim, it was horrible. Just horrible.

But as I said, FIFA13 looks as if it will address many of the issues that are plaguing the series. I desperately want FIFA to come good again, and I'm very excited to play the demo and get an idea of how these changes have been implemented.

So what criticisms do you have of PES12, that makes FIFA12 such a drastically better game?

Remove this Banner Ad

Multiplat FIFA 13

Remove this Banner Ad

Back