Multiplat FIFA 17

Remove this Banner Ad

Don't like the new corners at all.

They've gone more intuitive with the penalties, but I feel like the new corner system is a step back. Instead of feeling like I'm whipping in a corner, I feel like I'm looking at some weird aiming reticle that I have to move about.

I can see what they are trying to achieve with the corners but it kind of takes the skill out. While trying to the get the hang of it I've taken some of the most deadliest corners I've ever pulled off but I don't see the point. Penalties are an awesome upgrade but I'm worried corners will become the new cheese.

Last edited:
Thought the demo was absolutely great. Big upgrade on 16. Hope the game plays like that, I've been burned before.

Passing definitely felt better - agree that shooting seems to have changed. Don't mind that though, will just take a couple of games to get used to.

Already love the look of the journey.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I played as City against Lyon. Chose the worst uniforms (both home strips), could barely tell them apart. Completely my fault of course.

Did really enjoy the gameplay but like you, only played one game (and then the journey). Really looking forward to giving it another crack tonight.

I like the new shooting physics. Power too much and you blast it high and it's harder to score from outside the box which is a good thing.

I found the post game interview to be not very fluid. Too long between questions. Felt clunky.

I didn't mind his voice.

Anybody else find it harder to score?

Nah not really, have been scoring quite a few goals in the games I've played. First game was a 1-1 draw, next was a 3-0 and 4-2 win. The long shots from outside the box are harder as I've found the ball seems to blast over the net more often than not, a huge fan of this.

I'm finding my quality chances are more likely to score if anyone gets that. In previous games I would pass it around in or just around the edge of the box and sometimes opening up the defenders only for the goalkeeper to make a super human save. In this one almost every single time I have had a crack like that it has been a goal. Same goes up my end too. If my defending gets lazy and the CPU has a direct shot on my keeper it is almost always a goal. This is on pro difficulty. Somewhere between pro and world class has always been my sweet spot for fun vs challenge but I need to get the hang of this one more before I turn it up.

I'm finding my quality chances are more likely to score if anyone gets that. In previous games I would pass it around in or just around the edge of the box and sometimes opening up the defenders only for the goalkeeper to make a super human save. In this one almost every single time I have had a crack like that it has been a goal. Same goes up my end too. If my defending gets lazy and the CPU has a direct shot on my keeper it is almost always a goal. This is on pro difficulty. Somewhere between pro and world class has always been my sweet spot for fun vs challenge but I need to get the hang of this one more before I turn it up.
That's exactly me! Find pro just a bit too easy but world class I can't seem to ever score on.

had a go this morning and i really enjoyed it.

felt the passing was pretty spot on with weighted passes etc.

i had to work the ball around before scoring but it was pretty rewarding once I could play that thru ball to the striker.

i reckon they have the player speeds in a good range as well. so the bigger defenders arent magically keeping up with the smaller strikers etc.

love the new goalkeeping AI. the range of deflections from blocked shots is much more real and you still feel like you're a chance to score.

That's exactly me! Find pro just a bit too easy but world class I can't seem to ever score on.

I can score on WC, even legendary but I don't enjoy the CPU having majority of the possession and just sitting back hoping to cut off a pass or hope they just cough it up. Although I really struggle on WC if I'm leading late in a game and they go beast mode. So yeah I play pro mostly even though like you it can be too easy but there is still enough of a challenge that if you **** up you can concede.

CPU catch up is still a thing though. Last night I was playing Juve v Inter on pro and had them on the ropes 3-0 by about 60mins. The game went up a notch and I held on for dear life finishing 3-2.

Remove this Banner Ad

Multiplat FIFA 17

Remove this Banner Ad

Back