Multiplat FIFA 17

Remove this Banner Ad

Ratings are based on more than the past season, and always have been. This does mean that [insert player who had a good season] is rated lower than [insert player who was average last season but has had years of high quality performances]

From the demo, it appears that everything about Alex Hunter will be locked in.

I hope it doesn't take too long to request a transfer.

What teams are in the demo/what modes?
hqdefault.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How do you mean locked in? As in story line?
Locked in in terms of team, position and appearance. Lot's of preset looking cutscenes, like Mourinho subbing you on in this demo.

They also showed a little preview of a heap of the story cutscenes, and I'd assume the story is pretty set too. Just by the detail of the cutscenes they can't really be made up on the fly to suit your situation.

Hopefully that doesn't mean scripted where there are simply games I cannot win no matter what I do.

After the demo game, in the preview video afterwards, they have a section where its about frustration or something, and Hunter puts an open goal over the bar in Torres-like fashion. Hopefully that isn't imposed, but it looks like it could be.

I'm not too fussed if the Alex Hunter stuff isn't changable, at no point have EA said this is "Your Story" or "Play As Yourself" as 2K attempt to do with their career mode despite shoehorning you into a certain stereotype!

This is a story mode and a new take on the Pro format. I'm interested in that, but definitely as said I wouldn't like to see frustrations where by you deliberately fail something or lose due to someone completely out of your control. If things can be dynamic to add story elements based on the match situation (as 2K have done in the past) that would be pretty cool.

Locked in in terms of team, position and appearance. Lot's of preset looking cutscenes, like Mourinho subbing you on in this demo.

They also showed a little preview of a heap of the story cutscenes, and I'd assume the story is pretty set too. Just by the detail of the cutscenes they can't really be made up on the fly to suit your situation.

After the demo game, in the preview video afterwards, they have a section where its about frustration or something, and Hunter puts an open goal over the bar in Torres-like fashion. Hopefully that isn't imposed, but it looks like it could be.
Alex Hunter can play for any premier league team. I imagine the position would be striker though.

Alex Hunter can play for any premier league team. I imagine the position would be striker though.

I'm glad to hear this if it is the case.

Would be nice if the Alex Hunter character can be customised too, including the name.

I hope Mourinho was happy with me. Came on whenever they send you on (75th?), scored 3, rebounded one off the crossbar for Carrick to score, then decided to give a Chelsea midfielder a career ending leg break en route to a 2nd yellow card.

Really happy with the demo. It feels way less arcade like, as in slower and more controlled and I'm finding better and more realistic shots in and around the edge of the box. This is using good teams though, I wonder how it's going to feel when using lower teams like from A-League or League 1/2. I hope with the slower pace and their lower attributes they aren't a mess to play with.

Corners are going to take some getting used to but the change to penalties is awesome I think. They feel way more intuitive.

Remove this Banner Ad

Multiplat FIFA 17

Remove this Banner Ad

Back