FIFA Vice President says "USA bid deserves red card"

Remove this Banner Ad

Define total amount of viewers and how it relates to Olympic games viewers? What constitutes a viewer?

The definition is the same, they go on cumulative amount of viewers globally. The Olympics gets spanked every single time by the football world cup. The Beijing olympics had 4.7 billion viewers in this analysis, the football world cup had 27 billion. Just shows how much bigger the football world cup is compared to the Olympics.

The definition is the same, they go on cumulative amount of viewers globally. The Olympics gets spanked every single time by the football world cup. The Beijing olympics had 4.7 billion viewers in this analysis, the football world cup had 27 billion. Just shows how much bigger the football world cup is compared to the Olympics.

Cumulative for the Olympics over what? a day, a sport ,an event, an individual competition?

It still doesn't make sense to me.

World cup 27b/64(games) =422m Av a game

Olympics 4.7b/???????
there a 300 gold medals given over 26 sports with thousands of individual competitions.

The only way to compare would be based on viewing hours so assuming a soccer match goes for 2 hours

World Cup; 27b x 2 = 54b viewer hours.
Olympics; to colate that data would be a big ask for anyone.

I would like a link to the Olympic viewers number of 4.7b, to see how they derived at that number.

"The cumulative television figures for the 2006 World Cup in Germany were 26.3 billion viewers –two-thirds of them from Asia – while indications are that the 2010 World Cup in South Africa pulled in more than 40 billion viewers. In comparison, the 2008 Olympics in Beijing were watched by just 4.7 billion viewers and the 2000 Olympics in Sydney by only 3.6 billion viewers," said Mr Bryant.

http://www.ausleisure.com.au/default.asp?PageID=&ReleaseID=2625&Display=True

That's one of the reasons why the football world cup is the BIGGEST event on the planet, not the Olympics. Football has 208 nations as associations playing the game, the United Nations has a 192 nations, the IOC aka the Olympics has 205.

"The cumulative television figures for the 2006 World Cup in Germany were 26.3 billion viewers –two-thirds of them from Asia – while indications are that the 2010 World Cup in South Africa pulled in more than 40 billion viewers. In comparison, the 2008 Olympics in Beijing were watched by just 4.7 billion viewers and the 2000 Olympics in Sydney by only 3.6 billion viewers," said Mr Bryant.

http://www.ausleisure.com.au/default.asp?PageID=&ReleaseID=2625&Display=True

That's one of the reasons why the football world cup is the BIGGEST event on the planet, not the Olympics. Football has 208 nations as associations playing the game, the United Nations has a 192 nations, the IOC aka the Olympics has 205.

I like it how he says the 2008 Olympics were watched by just 4.7 billion viewers - what, out of a total population of the planet of 6.5 billion?

Geez, these are stupid arguments.

I like it how he says the 2008 Olympics were watched by just 4.7 billion viewers - what, out of a total population of the planet of 6.5 billion?

Geez, these are stupid arguments.

That's cumulative, mate. That's how many people watched it over the entire event.

That comes to 276,470,588 a day. Not very impressive.

That's cumulative, mate. That's how many people watched it over the entire event.

So you are saying that's the 4.7b figure is cumulative over days? Not sure where you got that info from. Is that based on average, peak or even total number of people?

Doubt you'd have the figures, just goes to show that the numbers quoted for each sport don't mean much especially without defined parameters in calculating the figures.

These cumulative number arguments are frankly, BS.

If most of those folks are in Africa, South America, most parts of Asia - India, China, Indonesia, Pakistan, Indochina - they don't have any money to spend anyway!

And thanks Dimenhydrinate, I understand the "theory" of cumulative numbers, I just think they're all pretty much meaningless. A stupid pissing contest mostly when they're measured worldwide. You have to dig much deeper to find out what they really mean and where these viewers are.

These cumulative number arguments are frankly, BS.

If most of those folks are in Africa, South America, most parts of Asia - India, China, Indonesia, Pakistan, Indochina - they don't have any money to spend anyway!

And thanks Dimenhydrinate, I understand the "theory" of cumulative numbers, I just think they're all pretty much meaningless. A stupid pissing contest mostly when they're measured worldwide. You have to dig much deeper to find out what they really mean and where these viewers are.

Of course they would only mean something when the AFL goes to negotiate TV rights

Football is far bigger-thats already been confirmed:thumbsu:

What a racist bogan melbournite, I'm pretty sure there are a fair few more people there who are richer and more worthwhile to society than your useless tosser ass

Remove this Banner Ad

FIFA Vice President says "USA bid deserves red card"

Remove this Banner Ad

Back