Fight On - Forever in Footscray

Remove this Banner Ad

Next Wednesday 7 August, we will call on our members and fans to help us bridge the funding gap.⁣ ⁣ A day where a donation to the club of any amount will be matched and doubled for 24 hours to complement your generosity.⁣ ⁣ As a Club and a community, it’s time to realise our full potential together.⁣ Donate and help us to Fight On. Forever in Footscray. For generations to come.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With the redevelopment of Mission Whitten Oval almost complete, we have laid the foundations for sustained future success.

We are calling on our members and fans to help us bridge the funding gap.

Why not explain what specifically the money is going to: Eg: are we furnishing function centre, paying to stock the bar, restaurant, improving lighting, new toilet, further gym equipment etc.

The below statement means nothing to supporters

"We are calling on our members and fans to help us bridge the funding gap."

In today's day and age people are dubious of giving money without details.

I need this dumbed down for me.

The club is saying they'll match the donations given, but aren't the donations going to the club anyway?
We have many wealthy benefactors. I'm sure someone like Allan Jones (? forgot his name), Smorgon or Gordon have decided to match the supporter donations.

I need this dumbed down for me.

The club is saying they'll match the donations given, but aren't the donations going to the club anyway?
The club is not matching the donations.

I'd suggest someone that doesn't want to be named is matching the donations

Why not explain what specifically the money is going to: Eg: are we furnishing function centre, paying to stock the bar, restaurant, improving lighting, new toilet, further gym equipment etc.

The below statement means nothing to supporters

"We are calling on our members and fans to help us bridge the funding gap."

In today's day and age people are dubious of giving money without details.
Clearly the cost of redevelopment was more than the funding they received from governments, and hence they are trying to get donations to fund the gap.

The funding agreements with governments likely had a component of joint funding as one of the conditions attached. Not unusual at all. Donations likely being matched by corporate entity or entities (with a decent tax benefit no doubt).

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Can't the wealthy benefactors just give all the cash required themselves considering it is a tax deduction?

Remove this Banner Ad

Fight On - Forever in Footscray

Remove this Banner Ad

Back