Fight On - Forever in Footscray

Remove this Banner Ad

Treloar and Lin Jong have also donated.

The club is not matching the donations.

I'd suggest someone that doesn't want to be named is matching the donations
A lot of charities do this routinely when they have a funding drive on. Usually just before the end of the tax year.

I’ve always assumed that they have a few major sponsors (companies or wealthy individuals) who have said we want to donate x million and they say “great! Just hold off until we do our funding drive and we’ll use the lure of you doubling small donations to get people to donate who otherwise might not have chipped in.”

If I’m correct, they were always going to get the big corporate money anyway. It’s just a way to maximise the smaller donations. Yes it’s a bit of smoke and mirrors but it’s probably all fair if it’s for a good cause.

It's now up to $624,000

We have some very generous supporters, but what impresses me the most is the number of people who have just donated what they can afford, no matter how big or small. There are a lot of donors.

Just donated - interesting it shows the matched-up amount on the webpage.

$703K raised so far, which is essentially $350K donations plus the match.

Just donated - interesting it shows the matched-up amount on the webpage.

$703K raised so far, which is essentially $350K donations plus the match.
The way I'm reading it is that it's $703k raised excluding the additional donations matched. They've listed a $1 million 'target' which is the amount the donations are matched too ($2 million total).

I'm not one to be cynical but the tracker on the clubs website will almost certainly reach $1 million before the deadline so that they can then spruik the good news as publicity on social media etc.

The way I'm reading it is that it's $703k raised excluding the additional donations matched. They've listed a $1 million 'target' which is the amount the donations are matched too ($2 million total).

I'm not one to be cynical but the tracker on the clubs website will almost certainly reach $1 million before the deadline so that they can then spruik the good news as publicity on social media etc.
I donated $300 and it showed up as $600 on the site ...

Just say that, stop being so emotive. We are not going anywhere and donate where we can.
That's exactly what they said.
These exact words are from the website:

With the redevelopment of Mission Whitten Oval almost complete, we have laid the foundations for sustained future success.

We are calling on our members and fans to help us bridge the funding gap.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would suggest the wealthy benefactor (if he / she wishes to remain anonymous) may well be Alan Johnstone because he is the usual suspect. He personally has donated millions to the club and does so without fanfare.

Remove this Banner Ad

Fight On - Forever in Footscray

Remove this Banner Ad

Back