Finally a non Victorian Top 4 year

Remove this Banner Ad

The way it’s going you’d reckon Sydney, Brisbane, GWS, Port & Freo will fill the top 5 spots.

Therefore….

Finals Week One could well be 1 at MCG & 3 outside of Melbourne.

Finals Week Two - both games outside of Melbourne

Prelims - both games outside of Melbourne.

Granny - at MCG between teams based outside of Melbourne.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who'd have guessed? Swine supporter unaware of rule in place for 20 years
I’m not entirely sure who you’re referring to as a “swine supporter” as the only pigs here are alias troll accounts, but the prelims in 2006 were held in Sydney and Adelaide, so yeah that rule was definitely changed.

I’m not entirely sure who you’re referring to as a “swine supporter” as the only pigs here are alias troll accounts, but the prelims in 2006 were held in Sydney and Adelaide, so yeah that rule was definitely changed.
I believe it was sthmelb_dimmies mistakenly weeping vicbias tears at the thought of the colas playing a home prelim at the MCG

MCC get replacement games at the MCG the following year. Maybe a MCG home game for Bulldogs/North. Hawthorn play no home games at Marvel etc etc

2004 was a joke that cost the Lions a serious chance at the four peat

You're down 34 against the Welfare at quarter time at your cheat ground and staring down the barrel of 1-4 :$
Swans have been on a 4 week strength training block, short term match fitness suffers. Training for September.

But that’s a luxury you can afford when you’re 3 games clear on top

2004 was a joke that cost the Lions a serious chance at the four peat
The AFL had clearly never fathomed the idea that 2 interstate clubs might ever be in a position to host prelim finals in the same year.. I’m just glad after 2004 that they realised they ****ed up and changed the rule. Now no other non-Victorian team that finishes in the top 4 has to go through what we did in 04. We might actually have a team that wins the Grand Final based on merit this year!

Remove this Banner Ad

Finally a non Victorian Top 4 year

Remove this Banner Ad

Back