Autopsy Finals 2014 - 1st Elimination Final: North Melbourne v Essendon discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

That was embarrassing by Stanton.

I prefer to think of it as awesome by Goldy, but yeah, sure. Critical ball to win, no-one else within 30 metres, and all he has to beat is a lumbering giant.

I start at Ryder. Can anyone tell me anything that Goldstein did? Ryder was enormous all night and that performance proved that he will stay despite what the braindead in the media pool might think.

Yep. I was nervous all night because Ryder thoroughly beat Goldstein in the centre and around the grounds and we're very reliant on Goldy getting on top. I think he won a few more after halftime which lead to our resurgence in the third quarter.

Having said that, it's all a moot point. He out-worked and out-ran your elite outside runner in Stanton to a loose ball and saved a certain goal.

Baguley's great season continued as did Hooker's and Heppell's.

I'm not going to suggest Petrie played a decoy role (because he wasn't, he just had a mare of a game until the last five minutes), but it was really pleasing to see that Hooker was totally uninvolved all night. No intercept marks and only 8 disposals. Whatever happened in our forward line worked well to keep Hooker from getting involved and setting up rebound run.

Thomas is in trouble for the little use of the shoulder across the bridge of Steinberg's nose.

Will Greenwood go for the hit on Baguley? Hope not but.....

Essendon had a number of shining lights.

I start at Ryder. Can anyone tell me anything that Goldstein did? Ryder was enormous all night and that performance proved that he will stay despite what the braindead in the media pool might think.

Next is Daniher. Looked on 7 goal form for the night and really showed plenty. Look out for next year when he's filled out a bit more.

Got any footage of the Thomas thing, didn't even notice anything nor hear the Commentators mention it?

Been cleared of it and rightly so, If he got suspended for that I think my love of AFL would go.

BTW if you think Goldy did nothing on Saturday night, you had no idea.
Credit to Ryder his snap goal was nice, I get the feeling he is gone to Brisbane though.

Got any footage of the Thomas thing, didn't even notice anything nor hear the Commentators mention it?

Been cleared of it and rightly so, If he got suspended for that I think my love of AFL would go.

BTW if you think Goldy did nothing on Saturday night, you had no idea.
Credit to Ryder his snap goal was nice, I get the feeling he is gone to Brisbane though.

Was in the 2nd quarter next to the behind post. Standing in the M2 standing room had a great view of the contact.

Thomas was clearly frustrated with not getting a kick on Baguley at that point, so got Steinberg flush. Everyone at the Punt Road end stood up as it happened. Haven't got footage as i was actually at the game.

Was in the 2nd quarter next to the behind post. Standing in the M2 standing room had a great view of the contact.

Thomas was clearly frustrated with not getting a kick on Baguley at that point, so got Steinberg flush. Everyone at the Punt Road end stood up as it happened. Haven't got footage as i was actually at the game.

Fair enough, was he actually reported for it?

Thomas is in trouble for the little use of the shoulder across the bridge of Steinberg's nose.

Nope.

Will Greenwood go for the hit on Baguley? Hope not but.....

Greenwood should have got the free kick for Baguley taking Greenwood's legs out, it has been thrown out.

Essendon had a number of shining lights.

Daniher was fantastic, as was Heppell. Hooker has had a very good season.

Goldstein 39 hitouts to Ryder 19. When he got on top in the middle and Greenwood went into the middle, the game swung quite dramatically.

Next is Daniher. Looked on 7 goal form for the night and really showed plenty. Look out for next year when he's filled out a bit more.

He was great, clunked everything.

Need to get more out of the midfield group. Zaharakis is 24, played 110 games, doesn't do enough given the ability he has. Melksham (who didn't play) is 23, played 96 games, thought he was going okay earlier in the season, he hasn't really delivered yet. Myers is 25, played 83 games and hasn't shown a whole lot.

Watson(29) and Heppell(22) have been good, Goddard(29) and Chapman(32) have gone through the middle are also high quality and Stanton(28) is good if he can get into space on his own and Hocking(26) is a largely negative player.

It is probably not a good situation to be in for +2 or +3 years will likely see the end of Watson, Goddard, Chapman, Stanton and possibly Hocking, the midfield of Heppell, Zaharakis, Melksham left for talent in the middle.

I think the Bombers need to pile on the midfielders over the next couple of drafts, or find some more free agents. Goddard and Chapman should have been the icing on the cake, not a critical part of the cake itself.

Nope.

Greenwood should have got the free kick for Baguley taking Greenwood's legs out, it has been thrown out.

The MRP have gone soft this week. Across the board. Obviously don't want to have a night out. Oh well.

Daniher was fantastic, as was Heppell. Hooker has had a very good season.

That's the scary thing. Daniher is still only 19. Yikes.

Goldstein 39 hitouts to Ryder 19. When he got on top in the middle and Greenwood went into the middle, the game swung quite dramatically.

In terms of around the ground stuff, Ryder was indeed everywhere. A lot of the doubters might have been silenced as the effort was excellent.

Need to get more out of the midfield group. Zaharakis is 24, played 110 games, doesn't do enough given the ability he has. Melksham (who didn't play) is 23, played 96 games, thought he was going okay earlier in the season, he hasn't really delivered yet. Myers is 25, played 83 games and hasn't shown a whole lot.

Watson(29) and Heppell(22) have been good, Goddard(29) and Chapman(32) have gone through the middle are also high quality and Stanton(28) is good if he can get into space on his own and Hocking(26) is a largely negative player.

It is probably not a good situation to be in for +2 or +3 years will likely see the end of Watson, Goddard, Chapman, Stanton and possibly Hocking, the midfield of Heppell, Zaharakis, Melksham left for talent in the middle.

I think the Bombers need to pile on the midfielders over the next couple of drafts, or find some more free agents. Goddard and Chapman should have been the icing on the cake, not a critical part of the cake itself.

I tend to think Essendon has done a lot in that regard already with the likes of Zach Merrett and Gleeson coming through this year and the rapid improvement of Colyer who was a damaging weapon much of the match on Saturday night.

The development going into Fantasia and hopefully Jackson Merrett will be of benefit going forward.

As i said though, there are positives Essendon can take out of the game and the year. Much of Essendon's issue remains a mental one where we need to address the regular lapses in concentration and effort.

He was great, clunked everything.

Except for that one in the third which made Jake Stringer's look like a difficult chance that North took coast to coast for a goal.

Daniher will be a gun though. A lot of his goals come from good lead up play or agility rather than traditional KPF means at this stage

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Finals 2014 - 1st Elimination Final: North Melbourne v Essendon discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back