Finals Chances for Bottom 4

Remove this Banner Ad

HighFlyers

Senior List
Aug 18, 2005
In the members stand
AFL Club
Collingwood
As the end of the season is approaching I was just wondering everyones tips for the final 8 and if the clubs (Dragons, Stingrays, Jets and Pioneers) in the bottom 4 will have any impact on the finals. Dragons and Stingrays are sitting just out of the 8 due to percentage, Jets are one game out where as Pioneers are 2. Does anyone think these teams are capable of making the last minute run for the final eight?

Although being from the Jets area I'd like to see them make it, it seems that the Stingrays form lately has been sensational and that they would have the best chance to make the finals.

Kegs44 said:
Although being from the Jets area I'd like to see them make it, it seems that the Stingrays form lately has been sensational and that they would have the best chance to make the finals.

Agreed Dandenong have come out of no where really. Jets still can make the finals if they win ALL 3 games by a relative margin including against the falcons and have the top sides beat the other 3 teams in the bottom 4.

Run Home
Sandringham: Geelong, Nth Ballarat, Murray, Western
Murray: Dandenong, Oakleigh, Sandringham, Northern
Dandenong: Murray, Geelong, Calder, Nth Ballarat
Western: Eastern, Gippsland, Geelong, Sandringham
Bendigo: Northern, Calder, Nth Ballarat, Geelong

I expect Murray might take it looking at the draw. But Murray v Dandenong is a huge game next weekend for the fight for finals.

Dandenong have the 1st, 2nd, 3rd placed sides after Murray and they will be very tough to win.

Sandringham have a pretty ordinary run over the next two weeks against 1s and 2nd placed sides but a couple of important ones after that.

Jets should have won yesterday and they'd have been a chance if they did, but very hard to see them beating Gippsland or Geelong and they need to win three games.

Bendigo have a shocking run home so they are no chance.

Looking at that I'd say Murray and Dandenong game this week culd go along way to deciding finals spot. If Murray win u'd think they'd make it for sure. Jets need to win 3 and I can see them doing it if they perform for 4 quarters. Maybe not against Geelong, but aslong as they play 4 quarters (unlike last week) they can make finals

I agree with you there, i believe the jets have made good progress this year and it would be great to see them make finals - I will definately have my eye on the bottom 4 over the next few weeks.

footyman said:
Run Home
Sandringham: Geelong, Nth Ballarat, Murray, Western
Murray: Dandenong, Oakleigh, Sandringham, Northern
Dandenong: Murray, Geelong, Calder, Nth Ballarat
Western: Eastern, Gippsland, Geelong, Sandringham
Bendigo: Northern, Calder, Nth Ballarat, Geelong
-
-
just looking at the run homes- see that geelong have four of the bottem teams to play... will this work in there favour leading into to finals or will they have to step up

[\QUOTE] just looking at the run homes- see that geelong have four of the bottem teams to play... will this work in there favour leading into to finals or will they have to step up[/QUOTE]

I believe geelong will have to step it up, these teams arnt going to let anyone get in the way of getting into the finals. On a personal note i'm backing the jets just because i'm in the region and i would love to see them prove they are capable of making finals.

Remove this Banner Ad

Finals Chances for Bottom 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Back