Finals + Granny?

Remove this Banner Ad

Theres night game this weekend.

So how do they get away with that - Does the AFL consider itself above the law?

A bloke can't even walk his dog, alone, miles from anyone else, at 9:01pm, but several hundred players/coaching staff/broadcast crews, etc can get together in close proximity at a football ground.

A bloke can't even walk his dog, alone, miles from anyone else, at 9:01pm, but several hundred players/coaching staff/broadcast crews, etc can get together in close proximity at a football ground.
Just like footy has continued in every state thats had a lockdown, its considered essential work. So they are all technically workers. Thats how they get away with it.

Would be nice to see finals played on decent grounds rather than the two absolute rubbish heaps in QLD. Perth and Adelaide are the two best grounds available, up to the AFL and the state governments to buy something out

It would be nice to play finals at the MCG too but not going to happen. Cannot always get what you want.

Better to play it in Queensland than in a state where the Premier could lockdown the state just hours prior to the match. It’s all about revenue though so I fully expect it to be played in Perth unfortunately.

I'm ok playing all of them in Perth.
Perhaps at least 1 in Adelaide & Brisbane if Port/Lions get HGA.
If we get to the GF and I can't get across so be it.
I won't be going across to sit in a hotel for 2 weeks. I will be double jabbed by then and happy to take a test 72 hours before leaving if they relax the rules.

You can't currently fly to WA even if you were willing to quarantine for 2 weeks.

Several hundred players/coaching staff/broadcast crews can get together in close proximity for the AFL during lockdowns as well. Does not matter if it is during the day or during the night. Exceptions are obviously in place.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting

They shouldn't be allowed to advertise this, the current status of the various states are :

NSW : High Risk, no entry.
Vic : Medium Risk, no entry.
Qld : Medium Risk, no entry.
ACT : Medium Risk, no entry.
Tas : Very Low Risk, no restrictions. Able to enter providing it's a direct flight from Tasmania (I think QANTAS are currently the only ones that offer this service)
SA : Low Risk, no exemption needed to enter but 14 days quarantine required once you get to WA. The day you arrive doesn't actually count so you end up doing 15 days)
NT : Very Low Risk, no restrictions. Able to enter providing it's a direct flight from NT to Perth, if flying.

People, if allowed can travel to either of Tas and the NT, spend 2 weeks there and then travel to WA from there. If WA changes their border with NT while you're there then you're stuffed. If you intend to travel to the NT from a Hotspot to quarantine and then enter WA after your quarantine, you are no longer allowed in the NT. If you travel there from a non-Hotspot, you can have a 2 week holiday and then enter WA. People from NSW are not permitted at all into the NT.

Vic and NSW definitely won't be downgraded to Very Low Risk before finals start and I doubt very much that Qld would be either. Qld may go to Low Risk (they've had another case today, so probably not for them either) which would still require 2 weeks quarantine in WA.

Not many records on your shelf are there?

There doesn't need to be, the AFL are on ice dealing with McGowan. Play them in SA and Qld if able. You know that if they HUB for the full 4 or 5 weeks of the finals in WA that if local cases pop up he'll ban crowds, and don't say he won't.

They shouldn't be allowed to advertise this, the current status of the various states are :

SA : Low Risk, no exemption needed to enter but 14 days quarantine required once you get to WA. The day you arrive doesn't actually count so you end up doing 15 days)

GTFO, might as well shut the border.

Hardly. You're just down the road from the MCG. I've never understood the whingeing that cats fans do. They have plenty of supporters at every MCG game that I've gone to but you make it sound as if you're having to actually travel.

Melbourne's training base is Casey down in Cranbourne. I can't believe we have to play away games at the MCG. Thats what you sound like.

Like Melbourne fans and Marvel a couple of tram stops away.

Not the AFL's fault. They just do what the state governments allow them to do.

There will be players on all sides who rejected the vaccination. And it will be a massive scandal if the afl had jumped the queue without it being mentioned in public.

Gil has come out publicly and said they haven't been vaccinated because they aren't in an eligible age group and won't try and get themselves in front of at risk groups.

There doesn't need to be, the AFL are on ice dealing with McGowan. Play them in SA and Qld if able. You know that if they HUB for the full 4 or 5 weeks of the finals in WA that if local cases pop up he'll ban crowds, and don't say he won't.
Exactly. He will ban crowds with a single case.

Remove this Banner Ad

Finals + Granny?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back