So ground options for Finals are
Wks 1+2:
Adelaide Oval
GABBA
Metricon
UTAS Stadium
GMHBA/MARS (pending crowds)

Wk 3: Either both in Perth, or the above grounds if the bye hasn’t happened yet

Wk 4: Optus most likely with Adelaide Oval and GABBA as backup GF options.

Where would you choose to play Melbourne/Bulldogs/Geelong/Sydney fans?

MFC:
  • Adelaide Oval vs everyone except Port
  • Port at Kardinia Park if crowds are allowed, if not then the Gabba

Yes everyone does. And brisbane grand finals have better atmosphere then mcg grand finals. With only 75 percent capacity.

Lol WTF. Was at last years granny and loved the atmosphere. But comparing it to the G is crazy. The corporates at the G on Grand Final day is a bit overplayed as depending on demand many end up selling the tickets to fans of the competing clubs anyway.

They really need to develop an Atmosphere Meter to be able to compare "the atmosphere" at one footy final with another properly.
It would solve this important question once and for all. Perhaps they can talk to the company that developed the Pressure Meter
or the NRL's Intensity Meter.

Lol WTF. Was at last years granny and loved the atmosphere. But comparing it to the G is crazy. The corporates at the G on Grand Final day is a bit overplayed as depending on demand many end up selling the tickets to fans of the competing clubs anyway.
With Richmond and melbourne gfs it’s probably a little bit different as more of the afl and MCC members go for your clubs. Very different when it involves non mcg teams. you have tiny pockets of supporters going off at tge top of thé stands and then mostly blank faces.

In the last couple of days with NSW and Victoria having a substantial increase in cases, it makes sense to play the finals in Adelaide now. One of 3 states that is covid19 free. Can hold 53k. If theres a sudden outbreak in Adelaide, the logistics of moving teams to Tassie or an empty MCG are easier than if the teams were in Perth. We all know McGowan could cancel crowds on Grand Final day if we have 1 local case the night before. You cant put players and officials through 2 weeks of isolation with the risk of having crowds cancelled at such late notice.

hmm, any finals in perth are not going to be 'night games' - would be twilight local time wouldnt they?
At the latest they would start 6:30 Perth time, 8:30 eastern. More likely 5:30 or 6:00.
So, yes, that would be a twilight start. It looks like WA wil get dark in September around 7:30 (obviously changing over the month but roughly between 7:20 and 7:40) https://www.timeanddate.com/sun/australia/perth?month=9

*I'm not sure what the difference between all the "twilights" is on that site

Looks like week 1 finals will be:

Brisbane
Adelaide
Launceston
Hobart

No WA because of quarantine
No Victoria, NSW or ACT due to lockdowns.

Have to say...Tasmanian finals sounds brilliant. Would love it if Essendon was one of the lucky ones to head south.

And if WA get even a single case they will shut down with zero notice. The AFL would be insane to say yes to having the grand final there.

Tasmania is the least likely to get cases, and would love to fill a stadium to show the AFL what having their own team can offer.

And if WA get even a single case they will shut down with zero notice. The AFL would be insane to say yes to having the grand final there.

Tasmania is the least likely to get cases, and would love to fill a stadium to show the AFL what having their own team can offer.

Half expecting an Adelaide Grand Final to be fair. Imagine Adelaide Oval on Grand Final Day!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They will also shut out crowds on one case, and even cancelled a game on zero cases just a couple of weeks back.
Any government will probably stop crowds on one case, given how rapid the recent spread has been.

That was a bizarre case. I cant imagine it happening again. Or perhaps it will if a bunch of people try to sneak in to Tasmania to get to the Grand Final...
I would never say never with covid. Last year No1 would expect an outbreak the size of Victoria’s ever again and here we are with NSW having 600+ cases today.

You can just imagine those private boats trying to get into tassie for the GF & the police patrolling the tassie beaches 😂😂😂😂

D9E2D830-CF50-4103-80F1-AA4A285DB081.jpeg

Our premier here is a tosser, no argument from me. But we have to understand that ever single state will go into lockdown at the minute if a case appears in the community.
Not just WA but every state. Stop trying to make it sound like WA is the only state that would do it.

Amazing how long the AFL are taking to announce the venue of the Grand Final, just so Victoria can have a shot at hosting the final that they've hosted for 123 years. Please, cry me a Yarra River... it's done, you're cooked.

Amazing how long the AFL are taking to announce the venue of the Grand Final, just so Victoria can have a shot at hosting the final that they've hosted for 123 years. Please, cry me a Yarra River... it's done, you're cooked.
i know we are screwed when it comes to GF and i think everyone else in vic knows too, except for Dan and the AFL

Well considering the contract is also between the Vic Govt and not just AFL and MCC, I'd say Dan has had a sneaky word to Gil and said "not yet. dont pull the trigger just yet".

At the end of the day the Vic Govt makes a tonne of money through the grand final. They want it here as well. And ultimately are the ones to say yay or nay.

Remove this Banner Ad

Finals + Granny?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back