Finals + Granny?

Remove this Banner Ad

Indeed. The corruption and desperation is so palpable.
It’s a shame if we get stuck at a half filled painted old tart in the Melbourne Cricket Ground instead of a full state of the art modern stadium in Optus.

2032 will roll around and imagine being stuck with that outdated dump. New GABBA, very modern Optus & AO, SCG has beautiful charm with the old & new and modern facilities & then the old relic looking like an old hag at a nightclub with the finger in the air still thinking it’s 1996 and the old girl is the centre of attention not realising everyone is pissing themselves laughing at her.

Indeed. The corruption and desperation is so palpable.
It could be worse I suppose, they could have said an 60,001 spectator capacity allowed at the MCG for Grand Final Day :p

I don't understand how WA is even remotely an option for the grand final.

McGowan has twice this year locked fans out of Optus Stadium on game day with barely any notice. What a sham and an embarrassment to all concerned if WA recorded a case on the morning of grand final day and the grand final was played behind closed doors.

Suddenly a 55,000 crowd at the G wasn't so bad after all....

I don't understand how WA is even remotely an option for the grand final.

McGowan has twice this year locked fans out of Optus Stadium on game day with barely any notice. What a sham and an embarrassment to all concerned if WA recorded a case on the morning of grand final day and the grand final was played behind closed doors.

Suddenly a 55,000 crowd at the G wasn't so bad after all....
Come to Adelaide and host it, we won't mind having the Grand Final over here thank-you very much ;)

SA might let it happen if it does as long as if the ball comes over the fence they DONT TOUCH THE BALL
WA = if a coronavirus spreads from Melbourne to Footscray they lock down (its coming our way)
QLD = currently in lockdown but probably not for long
NSW = basically a replica of Vic last year
Vic = cant be trusted - will have outbreak a week before finals therefore having to be moved
Tas = most likely due to never having an outbreak
NT = basically WA but smaller and less people, 1 case = lockdown
If Vic cant stay open it would be most likely Tassie in my opinion but granny at Optus because as we all know, More Crowd = More Money For AFL

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2021 AFL Grand Final will be played at the , ohhhh What a Mark MCGowan Optus in WA

images

For finals Send everyone to WA, once states are able to have crowds, you can move them back home, WA would be the base, and if MCG can't it'd host the GF

For finals Send everyone to WA, once states are able to have crowds, you can move them back home, WA would be the base, and if MCG can't it'd host the GF
The thing is though 5 cases in WA and fans would be shut out of games aswell. There’s no real win really, tough scenario

Seeing as how every other state is heading down the sh*tter right now in regards to Covid, I could only see a GF at Optus if the date was pushed back to allow for everyone to quarantine for 2 weeks, then allowed a week or two to train AND the borders would have to be shut.

Too much hassle for the AFL I reckon.

EDIT: Oh and I reckon Vic fans would be told they arent welcome, too. Locals only. Not saying its right, but I couldnt see Daddy Mark having it any other way.

Last edited:
Vic in lockdown again, seriously we cant be trusted to stay open
Yeah has to be moved from here unfortunately

One person sneezes and the state gets lockdowned

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

Yeah has to be moved from here unfortunately

One person sneezes and the state gets lockdowned

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk
were back in lockdown for the 6th time its always us, they should cancel the season as it is, its gone longer than last year
1628154989580.png

Remove this Banner Ad

Finals + Granny?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back