Discussion Finals Series 2019 - Photos and Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Reeks of

bcd88fc0974ca13bc0447061354ecab4

The problem is that Geelong's home, unlike the rest of the league, is primarily white (w/white back), so an effective clash to it is our home with back shorts (as white shorts introduces unnecessary clash.
Simply no way of making a working clash if Geelong wear their dark shorts instead of white (as they seem to have done for many years now).
You do know of the colour red, yes? :p

Massive clash tonight, the AFL has somehow gone backwards this year in regards to white shorts. Only way around it is to tell Geelong to wear white shorts even though it's their "home" game.

Even International soccer teams will often switch their shorts to accommodate visiting teams' kits. As an example, England normally wear blue shorts but wear white when they are the home side to Argentina, who wear full blue.
It doesn't happen in club soccer though. Pretty much every team has an appropriate clash kit that is completely different to their home. I go for spurs, who's home is similar to England (white/navy/white), our away is all navy, our third is teal. I mean Collingwood could easily have an all black or maybe grey kit that would work for this match-up. Don't even need a new colour.

Cats look better in navy

The away team responsibility to find an alternative

But Eddie will cry
Nope.

Both the teams should be able to home jumpers in a final, if they don't clash. Lightest team should then go in white shorts, if needed.

They don't have to, but Geelong just embracing white shorts, like they have previously, solves so many problems

I don’t think so. Collingwood wore their clash against Richmond in last year’s prelim. I think he’s okay wearing their clash.

Everything that is related to Collingwood and what kits/kit combinations combinations they wear can be attested to Eddie, why not this as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This reminds me of the Parra vs Canterbury game in the NRL last year (the difference is that the Bulldogs brought the wrong kit to that game).

Perhaps it's time for Collingwood to consider a new version of the swooping magpie guernsey to use against Geelong and potentially North and Sydney from next year onwards

I think we all need to bombard 7AFL social media to highlight the issue (particularly as many of you have rightly pointed out that it has at least been better since 2007). Once Bruce thinks he’s on to something he will love being ‘right’.

Remove this Banner Ad

Discussion Finals Series 2019 - Photos and Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back