Liverpool FC, Melbourne Victory
QUALIFYING AND ELIMINATION FINALS

Thursday, September 1

EF2 - Brisbane Lions v Richmond (G) (N)

Friday, September 2
QF2 - Melbourne v Sydney (MCG) (N)

Saturday, Setember 3
QF1 - Geelong v Collingwood (MCG) (T)
EF1 - Fremantle v Western Bulldogs (OS) (N)

SEMI FINALS

Friday, September 9

SF2 - Melbourne v Brisbane Lions (MCG) (N)

Saturday, September 10
SF1 - Collingwood v Fremantle (MCG) (N)

PRELIMINARY FINALS

Friday, September 16

PF1 - Geelong v Brisbane Lions (MCG) (N)

Saturday, September 17
PF2 - Sydney v Collingwood (SCG) (T)

GRAND FINAL

Saturday, September 24

Geelong v Sydney (MCG)

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

Wondering who wears what in the Grand Final? Check out the Grand Final Policy thread!

Last edited:

They probably haven’t done any painting yet. Reckon its usually the Thursday or Friday they start it, keep it as vibrant as possible before the game. I’d suggest the logo still says Finals Series at this point too, yet to be painted over.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Its only the third year - rubber patch debuted in 2020. But I interpreted Lounge Lizard’s post to be that he thought they’d gone back to the old felt and 3D ball patch.
You're right, that will teach me to post before my morning coffee

Am I daft or is that 2022 in the number font? Has this always been a thing?

That also started with the rubber patch in 2020. Prior to that it was essentially just in Arial font.

I’ll never understand why the year font on the patch has never matched the font used on the actual logo, for which there have been three styles - 2004-16, 2017-21, 2022-onwards.

That also started with the rubber patch in 2020. Prior to that it was essentially just in Arial font.

I’ll never understand why the year font on the patch has never matched the font used on the actual logo, for which there have been three styles - 2004-16, 2017-21, 2022-onwards.
That's a nice touch for mine, but it is weird seeing it anywhere that isn't the back of a guernsey

Remove this Banner Ad

Discussion Finals Series 2022 - Photos and Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back