Finals week 3 tips & crowd expectations

Remove this Banner Ad

The crowd at ANZ won't be good. The cheapest tickets you can reasonably get are $72 and if you want even half decent tickets you will have to pay $102. There is no way a good crowd is going to turn up with those prices, every person that is a bit interested in coming to a final who would not usually come to a game is not going to come with those prices.

Both games should be won by the sides favoured but the very reason that is not a certainty is because the games are preliminary finals not home and away games and hunger and desire to reach that final game can be a great motivator.
So a word to the wise if you follow Sydney or Hawthorn, tread lightly with the cockiness because that egg is real hard to get off.

Both games should be won by the sides favoured but the very reason that is not a certainty is because the games are preliminary finals not home and away games and hunger and desire to reach that final game can be a great motivator.
So a word to the wise if you follow Sydney or Hawthorn, tread lightly with the cockiness because that egg is real hard to get off.

That pretty much sums up the situation

I did some analysis on past prelim finals here:

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/prelim-final-factoids.1076874

Basically if either North or Port win it will be the biggest prelim upset statistically since '99 (Carlton's win stands head and shoulders above any other in terms of upsets).

But they are both a better chance than some think.

Last edited:
Is that like the 110 point training drill Geelong served up earlier this year? I think Sydney is upset they arent facing the cats.
A real team is playing the prelim
As you know the Home & Away season means nothing come finals time. Just like North's two easy defeats to Geelong during the year. The Swans will win this by a near record margin, i don't see them playing a real team, they will be be more than happy to take the easy game while Port and Hawthorn bash the living bejesus out of each other in the only game of interest next weekend.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I love how the Swans/Kangas match from earlier this year is singled out as a reflection on the record between the two sides.

Never mind that before that match the Kangas hadn't beaten the Swans for 7 years.
So, does history matter, or not? And if it does, which history?

As you know the Home & Away season means nothing come finals time. Just like North's two easy defeats to Geelong during the year. The Swans will win this by a near record margin, i don't see them playing a real team, they will be be more than happy to take the easy game while Port and Hawthorn bash the living bejesus out of each other in the only game of interest next weekend.
You gotta beat the best to make finals. So H&A does count. Must make Geelong players and their supporters feel real low to be eliminted by us

Sorry if my point wasn't clear.

History is important but it's slightly more encompassing than a one game sample.
With a weighting to more recent history, though not as you say, one game. I think the significance of our win this year, and against other top sides, is an indicator of the growing capability/maturity of the team (inconsistency aside). So too, the last two weeks.

I'm not suggesting we will win, but there is evidence to suggest we may not be the pushovers many - and seemingly all Swans supporters - believe.

The crowd at ANZ won't be good. The cheapest tickets you can reasonably get are $72 and if you want even half decent tickets you will have to pay $102. There is no way a good crowd is going to turn up with those prices, every person that is a bit interested in coming to a final who would not usually come to a game is not going to come with those prices.
Can you get away with buying cheap tix then moving to unoccupied better seats?

Remove this Banner Ad

Finals week 3 tips & crowd expectations

Remove this Banner Ad

Back