Firrito going round again....

Remove this Banner Ad

No, talk about Jonathan Brown re-signing as a better example.

Can sit in the goal square and still add something although I am like you & think he is going 1 too many also.

The difference is Firrito has also lost his pace but his position involves playing on 19 yo Sam Kerridge's....
I played country footy for over 20 years & knew the exact game that I played on a young kid that I couldn't
keep up with and I knew right then my time was up.

Gone are the days that he can just hold onto the kids as he tried this year will give away stupid free kicks trying to
do just that. Coaches are too smart and will just isolate him.

Both been great servants of their clubs though !!!!

Alright, well if he is going around again Kennedy could have still developed in the vfl. So please somebody tell me what the reasonings for his delisting/trade were?

Can sit in the goal square and still add something although I am like you & think he is going 1 too many also.

The difference is Firrito has also lost his pace but his position involves playing on 19 yo Sam Kerridge's....
I played country footy for over 20 years & knew the exact game that I played on a young kid that I couldn't
keep up with and I knew right then my time was up.

Gone are the days that he can just hold onto the kids as he tried this year will give away stupid free kicks trying to
do just that. Coaches are too smart and will just isolate him.

Both been great servants of their clubs though !!!!

Lets hope that he can regain some of that zip he had if he gets on top of his injuries.

I too played senior footy in the country or 20 odd years. The difference is that as your leg speed drops off your elbow speed increases.....

I wouldn't be surprised if he was told that Cam Delaney will be played as the mid-sized tall in the backline in 2014. The time is now for him to cement a spot and I think he will be given the first 6 weeks guaranteed in the side to prove himself. Spud will be there in case he Delaney struggles, also if we lose one of our talls to injury.

Delaney has to start being in our best 22....time is over for him, play him now and let him learn with the support of those others ore experienced around him ....

Delaney has to start being in our best 22....time is over for him, play him now and let him learn with the support of those others ore experienced around him ....
I really don't see C.Delaney winning a permanent backline spot, he is an awkward size - too small for the falls and not quite quick enough for the smalls, not strong and gets out positioned in one on ones, looks shaky.

The next concern is who we are going to mould as our next CHB instead of Grima, hopefully Curran when he gets over his injury can fill the void, may need to draft a key defender though for the long term.

Hansen is a 3rd tall and not our CHB answer, in before anyone says that he is.

I really don't see C.Delaney winning a permanent backline spot, he is an awkward size - too small for the falls and not quite quick enough for the smalls, not strong and gets out positioned in one on ones, looks shaky.

I think Cam Delaney will be our big improver in 2014. He will be given a good run at senior level and I think he has the talent to make some big strides in the AFL. He will take Firritos role of playing on the mid-sized or 3rd tall forward.

Cam Delaney has a nice frame to build on and should get to the mid to high 90's easy. His apparent slow physical development IMO is more so down to the way in which Steve Saunders develops young players, working on the core strength and allowing a more natural development of bulk so as to protect the muscles from soft tissue injuries. Seems to work so far.

Cam is an interesting prospect though. Pretty damn agile and quick for a bloke his height and has shown he can read the play well. I can see why the club were so keen to lock him away.

Lets hope that he can regain some of that zip he had if he gets on top of his injuries.

I too played senior footy in the country or 20 odd years. The difference is that as your leg speed drops off your elbow speed increases.....

Hahaha, The amazing thing I found was sometimes that elbow speed increased that fast that
it was out and poised before my mind had even realised.

Get away with that in country footy and it's great because you gave it out and copped it back.
Ahhhhhh those were the days !!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Alright, well if he is going around again Kennedy could have still developed in the vfl. So please somebody tell me what the reasonings for his delisting/trade were?

Errr, maybe the club have decided Kennedy simply isn't good enough?

Regardless of Spud re-signing, we have other options in the role Kennedy would have played, we can't develop them forever.

He played very well in the last two games against bigger opponents.
He will be very handy next season..........
Just don't play him on smaller guys, he can't keep up with them anymore.

Exactly right.

He can still play a role next year, especially if one of the key talls goes down with injury/suspension as he can play very tall.

Cam Delaney has a nice frame to build on and should get to the mid to high 90's easy. His apparent slow physical development IMO is more so down to the way in which Steve Saunders develops young players, working on the core strength and allowing a more natural development of bulk so as to protect the muscles from soft tissue injuries. Seems to work so far.

Cam is an interesting prospect though. Pretty damn agile and quick for a bloke his height and has shown he can read the play well. I can see why the club were so keen to lock him away.

I wonder how long this approach will add to the end of a players career.

I wonder how long this approach will add to the end of a players career.
And their durability in between start and finish.

IMO it is a very interesting long term experiment being conducted by Saunders and because of this I reckon he will stick around for some time. Can you imagine the shit he could write and the fees he could demand if he can prove that his methods improve the durability and longevity of elite athletes?

And their durability in between start and finish.

IMO it is a very interesting long term experiment being conducted by Saunders and because of this I reckon he will stick around for some time. Can you imagine the shit he could write and the fees he could demand if he can prove that his methods improve the durability and longevity of elite athletes?

He would be able to sell his athlete health methodology to most sporting organisations in the world.

Low soft tissue injury rates combined with some form of on field success.

He would be able to sell his athlete health methodology to most sporting organisations in the world.

Low soft tissue injury rates combined with some form of on field success.

Need to clone this guy ASAP. So important to the club

saunders.png

Remove this Banner Ad

Firrito going round again....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back