First Footy Show out of 10

Remove this Banner Ad

Originally posted by Becker
That's the trouble with having current players as panel members. They aren't allowed to say anything, so what's the point of them being there?

They need three former players with an opinion.

exactly!! all we get are cliches and the like! get ex-players that have something to say and a personality, somthing many of these players are missing!

Not all current day players are without personalities. If they had Acker, crawford and riewoldt on the panel, it would've been a lot more entertaining. Acker doesn't tend to hold back even if the issue is controversial.

Originally posted by Kitty
Not all current day players are without personalities. If they had Acker, crawford and riewoldt on the panel, it would've been a lot more entertaining. Acker doesn't tend to hold back even if the issue is controversial.

true, some can be pretty good. wouldn't it be better though if they had current players come on as guests for a segment and thats it, or have one current player and 2 ex-players on the panel together.

I did not think it was too bad considering it was the first show of the year.

* The set is terrible, particularly the background
* Sam interviewing Thompson and Thomas was terrible.
* Brown was his usual self.

At least they talked footy- the NRL Footy Show was embarassing in comparison to the AFL version.

Originally posted by Bombers_Forever

At least they talked footy- the NRL Footy Show was embarassing in comparison to the AFL version.

Sydney`s killed the Melbourne version, as per usual. They don`t take themselves seriously Vautin and co. They don`t slag off at other stations or anyone else in their industry. When will mcguire and co stop their sniping , very embarassing.

it seems to me over the years that the AFL footy show is a bit stuffy and inhibited and that shows (apart from sam).

whereas the NRL footy show has more entertainment value bcoz the presenters are prepared to relax and have fun.

Originally posted by littleduck
it seems to me over the years that the AFL footy show is a bit stuffy and inhibited and that shows (apart from sam).

whereas the NRL footy show has more entertainment value bcoz the presenters are prepared to relax and have fun.

The NRL one was always the poor cousin of the AFL one, but now that they have Matthew Johns, and less of Sterlo, its now far better.
Bring back the biff!
My mother in law loves it!

Originally posted by grayham
The NRL one was always the poor cousin of the AFL one,[
what makes you say that?
but now that they have Matthew Johns, and less of Sterlo, its now far better.
Bring back the biff!
My mother in law loves it!
i think the matty and chief are excellent additions to the commentary team. not sure why your singling out sterlo and not fatty.

Take Sam out and see what's left

Imagine if 7 seven or 10 offered Sammy big bucks to switch teams. And then they ran their own show in the same timeslot

Chuck in a good, slick presenter together with Malcolm Blight. and a few other resepected commentators and some new stars, Reiwaldt, Cousins, Ablett Jnr, etc.

The Footy Show would start to look like a dead carcass with Ed's fat head on it.

As it is I refuse to watch the crap.

Newman's all they've got and that fact becomes more apparent each year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Originally posted by realdeal
exactly!! all we get are cliches and the like! get ex-players that have something to say and a personality, somthing many of these players are missing!
It's pretty obvious why they don't have anyone with
a) Personality
b) A pulse
c) An original opinion
This would upstage Ed and Sam and this would completely upset a vehicle that's designed purely for their own indulgence. How long did it take for the salary cap to come up-about 10 minutes and then about another 5 minutes for the cheap shots at Channel 7. The formula is there, it obviously works as no other network has the balls to put anything substantial against it and they will continue in exactly the same way until the ratings eventually slide.:eek:

I actually laughed at Sam's Golf joke.
4 people u should never play Golf with
Monica Lewinski,she's a hooker
OJ Simpson,he's a slicer
Ted Kennedy,He cant drive over water
Bill Clinton,he cant remember which hole he was last on.

Originally posted by littleduck
what makes you say that?

Just basic intelligence.

i think the matty and chief are excellent additions to the commentary team. not sure why your singling out sterlo and not fatty.

Sterlo has a head for radio, and a voice for newspapers. I'm sure he's an expert on rugby league, but possibly the poorest tv host in Australia.

Fatty's a laugh. Chief is good too.

Less current players, and not much league talk make it better.

the footy show now with eddie and sam has absolutley nothin on the footy show with jack dyer, lou richards,bob davis the woodchoppin comp,the bike ride comp, get ya don smallgoods,is don is good, etc..etc... now that was a bloody great show..i miss it very much......

Originally posted by crudbucket
Here's an idea - don't watch the effing thing if you don't effing well like it !!!!

I didn't watch it (by choice) but are you saying you watched TFS and actually felt happy in this decision at the end of the show or was it just relief??

Yeah, I watched it and I don't mind it for the non brain taxing Thursday night low brow entertainment that it is .... I just get so p1ssed off reading the same crap year in year out from people who claim they never watch the show, but can tell you everything that Sam, Eddie or Trevor said or did during the night.....

Remove this Banner Ad

First Footy Show out of 10

Remove this Banner Ad

Back