Play Nice First transgender player in the AFLW

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Talking about economic concepts doesn't make you an economist. Marx was a philosopher who had absolutely zero impact in mainstream economic thought.

If your looking for a discredited name to hang your lefty hat on at least talk about Keynes, who despite having all his theories discredited around 40 years ago was actually an economist and was taken seriously as an economist in his time.
Keynes theories ring true today and are taken seriously by most mainstream economists.

Last edited:
The AFL adopted the 2003 IOC policy in 2009 but the AFL has now amended their trans policy this year to be inline with the current IOC's policy.

The problem there is, the IOC has been forced to adopt a ridiculous policy because of Court interference where it was stated by the Court that testosterone level restrictions are arbitrary as high levels cannot be proven to help athletes.

Doesnt matter that there is an South African intersex middle distance runner who won medals before being forced to lower their level, won nothing with lowered levels, and has since started winning again when no longer taking the inhibiting hormones.

So for now the IOC does no testing of female athletes beyond the usual anti doping testing. Which means we could be in for a few years of crazy Olympic/World records.

Another thing that all these virtue signallers aren't considering is concussions. Men are naturally built with stronger neck muscles, stronger and thicker spines and generally stronger, bigger and thicker skulls, all of which protect the brain from concussion. No amount of estrogen therapy is going to make a mans skull as thin as a womans, and what happens when women are being hospitalised or possibly brain damaged because some transwoman who still has a masculine build is running through these women who aren't built for it, like a bull.
"SJW's!"
"The radical Left!"
"Virtue signalling!"

Could you be any more of a stereotype? What's next, a Pepe meme, a MAGA hat?

Talking about economic concepts doesn't make you an economist. Marx was a philosopher who had absolutely zero impact in mainstream economic thought.

If your looking for a discredited name to hang your lefty hat on at least talk about Keynes, who despite having all his theories discredited around 40 years ago was actually an economist and was taken seriously as an economist in his time.
What rubbish
You need edication. I've not given my views and your fantasies prove my point. Marx is not disproven. I'll give you a tidbit though People in financial markets read Marx because he predicts markets more accurately than anyone. He is a pessimist and never proposed solutions, and your views are foolish.

What really like is how successful the AFL has been at focusing positivity on the women's game. There was so much danger that the AFL would treat the women's league as a cultural hot potatoe, a distraction if you will. Even a side-show.

But luckily we know the AFL is in good hands.
I presume you're being sarcastic?

Here you are giving genuinely good and completely truthful arguments yet everyone just responds with essentially "this is 2017 you are offensive" eff the world. How did it become like this?

We are all just brainwashed and taught not to question things if there is a strong muddy label associated with those questions (racist, homophobic, sexist etc).

Regardless if you have a science-based point of view using logic and fact the other side can simply use emotion and be offended, so we shut down the discussion. We see this all the time on politics, tv and radio.

Of course.

But the vested interest person has looked through the literature, consulted with the doctors, talked with the sport governing bodies and is now the one fighting for inclusion.

If you don't like it, then you're entitled to your opinion, but surely you can concede that you won't know as much about the intricacies of this topic compared to one that has spent much of their adult life debating this issue? For that reason I am not going to say whether 12 months is too short or whether their bone density is unfair or shit like that, people go to university to become experts on that stuff.
I've done plenty of research into hormones and the endocrine system actually and just because someone happens to be transgender doesn't mean they know more than I do.

I'm no expert on the matter but I can tell you right now without a shred of doubt that 12 months doesnt even come close. In fact I'm note sure you could ever reduce a large mans bone structure to that if a womans with any amount of estrogen, particularly the skull and spine.

What rubbish
You need edication. I've not given my views and your fantasies prove my point. Marx is not disproven. I'll give you a tidbit though People in financial markets read Marx because he predicts markets more accurately than anyone. He is a pessimist and never proposed solutions, and your views are foolish.
Caught a live one

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why are you suddenly accusing him of racism in a thread with nothing to do with race? Instead of throwing out personal attacks just discuss the topic yeah?
I never suggested which side he was on but it's interesting that you made that assumption.

He was the one who talked about carrying weapons and being punched in the street.

Don't dish it out if you can't take it snowflake.

I'm wondering why the OP needs to post photos of himself?

Herself as she is currently and as she was before the transition. It is obvious that she is putting herself out there and opening herself up to ridicule and ignorance so she can highlight the massive difference when you transition.

It's an interesting representation of her body shape changes after transitioning, I think. Many people are not aware of how significant the changes can be.

Certainly is interesting given Mouncey still seems around the same size as when they competed as a male athlete.

I never suggested which side he was on but it's interesting that you made that assumption.

He was the one who talked about carrying weapons and being punched in the street.

Don't dish it out if you can't take it snowflake.

Don't backtrack mate, you knew exactly what you were inferring. Grow up.

Herself as she is currently and as she was before the transition. It is obvious that she is putting herself out there and opening herself up to ridicule and ignorance so she can highlight the massive difference when you transition.

12 years on vs 1 year on. And in the case of the IOC, you no longer even need surgery. And while you are expected to be on hormone treatment, they are not currently testing the testosterone levels.

So you quite literally could have a guy competing.

Because they know far more about the medical and legal and sporting rules behind transgender athletes than any other poster on the board.

Their vested interest leads to them knowing their shit a lot more than all of us in this thread.
There vested interest also doesn't really allow an impartial viewpoint does it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back