Fix it Eddie or there will be trouble

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't care about the travel, personally you expect it as it is a national competition. But we should not have to play any games at Telstra Dome -What a poor excuse for an AFL football ground! Demolish it :D

Coin_Toss said:
I don't care about the travel, personally you expect it as it is a national competition. But we should not have to play any games at Telstra Dome -What a poor excuse for an AFL football ground! Demolish it :D

TD isn't bad for watching, the problem is the surface turns to crap and then players just slip n' slide on rolled mud painted green and that is not the best way to be watching games of footy. :p

Nice thread Murray.
sput1956 said:
It is a self defeating bonus. It is the thing that is holding you back from being a top footy team and a real contender.
A common theory it appears. Didn’t seem to make much difference in 2002 or 2003 though. Beaten ultimately by a better side in the big one but this theory of harm in September is backed up by nothing more than ignorance. The fact is Collingwood’s list wasn’t good enough to take them further in 2006 and in 2002/3 it was.

As for travelling 4 times, I really don’t care either way. In fact I’d rather see a rolling draw and teams owning their own home games but that wouldn’t stop the whinging.

Murray said:
OK Eddie this is the third year in a row Collingwood has had to travel interstate 4 times.
Get it fixed and stop this blatant AFL bias against Collingwood.
And 15 games at the MCG is a joke, if we play 18 games in Melbourne then ALL of them MUST be at the G.

If you don't want a members revolt on your hands Eddie, I give you this warning - GET IT FIXED NOW

Do not despair Murray, One day the world will revolve around Collingwood. Sure, it's a wonderful suburb (who doesn't love going for a stroll through Collingwood after dark?), but regarding the football club your right the Magpe Army simply cannot be contained by any ground with a capcity of under 90k.

I don't see a future for them in this competition if this trend continues.

windyhill said:
lmao at people biting at Muzza who is clearly taking the piss.

It is called entertainment.

The stupidity on BF is astounding. People should really consider the reasons behind the draw. Everyone wants to play against the Pies, it is a simple as that. The AFL is a financial institution making the most of its oppurtunities.

Not rocket science.:cool:

The_New_Recruit said:
It is called entertainment.

The stupidity on BF is astounding. People should really consider the reasons behind the draw. Everyone wants to play against the Pies, it is a simple as that. The AFL is a financial institution making the most of its oppurtunities.

Not rocket science.:cool:

Love ya work :thumbsu:

I need another clue :confused:

Tas said:
If my club had heaps of dough I would want them to travel more and get hardened for the finals.

In 2002 we only travelled 4 times (won 1, lost 4) and still won 2 finals. In 2003 we travelled 4 times (won 2, lost 2) and won 2 finals.

Is that hard enough?

irukandji said:
One compensation for the 7 other finalists if Collingwood's soft draw gifts them a place in the 8 is that one of them will get a bye in the first week of the finals like the Dogs did this year.
we will see some of the best teams tanking so they can vs them in the final and have a light tune up session by belting collingwood by 8 goals

(Log in to remove this ad.)

delirious1 said:
we will see some of the best teams tanking so they can vs them in the final and have a light tune up session by belting collingwood by 8 goals
Of course, your team won't be involved in something like that for 4 or 5 years

My North said:
What Eddie up to today???
Hopefully he is getting our crap draw fixed up.

Maybe getting our 3 Dome games moved back to the G.

And getting our trip to West Coast re-scheduled to the G, just to help out West Coast, coz I noticed they were having a whinge about only playing one game at the G.
Eddie will fix it

Murray said:
Hopefully he is getting our crap draw fixed up.

Maybe getting our 3 Dome games moved back to the G.

And getting our trip to West Coast re-scheduled to the G, just to help out West Coast, coz I noticed they were having a whinge about only playing one game at the G.
Eddie will fix it

That's OK, we'll be right. You wouldn't want your club to completely forget where Tullamarine is, would we?

Mr Q said:
That's OK, we'll be right. You wouldn't want your club to completely forget where Tullamarine is, would we?
That’s ok. We’ll still get to taxi to Tulla for the pre season trip to Arizona on Emirates.

Remove this Banner Ad

Fix it Eddie or there will be trouble

Remove this Banner Ad

Back