Football club finances / FFP

Remove this Banner Ad

And people regularly bring up the hotels and the 115 charges so I don't quite understand saying "people are having a go at us over this but not them over that".

It's not a past time to spite your club, ****ing hell. Again I was just as critical of villa and Chelsea swapping kids but their supporters didn't have as much of a whinge about it.

You can't control your clubs actions but you don't have to defend or get your backs up over it quite so much.
I’ll whinge less just for you SM, as to not force you into responding to said whinging. My apologies.

I’ll whinge less just for you SM, as to not force you into responding to said whinging. My apologies.

Odd. Moomba and Chef have also replied/asked questions/rebutted your and ossie's points, but you seem to have a fixation on my responses.

Take a listen to the first story on the Price of Football podcast released today by the way. Funnily enough Maguire also cites these swap deals as going against the 'spirit of the PSR rules' which I didn't realise is actually a guideline in the PL handbook that clubs need to act in good faith. He actually addresses the story in a pretty reasonable way I thought.

Odd. Moomba and Chef have also replied/asked questions/rebutted your and ossie's points, but you seem to have a fixation on my responses.

Take a listen to the first story on the Price of Football podcast released today by the way. Funnily enough Maguire also cites these swap deals as going against the 'spirit of the PSR rules' which I didn't realise is actually a guideline in the PL handbook that clubs need to act in good faith. He actually addresses the story in a pretty reasonable way I thought.
They responded because I mentioned their teams, so I don’t see any issue in their responses. Of which I think they made very fair points.

I still don’t buy into the spirit of the rules nonsense you keep going on about though. It’s either a rule or it isn’t. If the PL were to change the rule beyond this season then I have no issues. I’m not saying what we did is ethical or something that should remain.

The core issue I had all from the beginning is we did something that was legal and the PL send out letters saying they don’t like it. Yet it’s legal? Don’t like it, change the rules.

That’s the crux of the issue and I apologise for bringing in other issues that do not relate.

They responded because I mentioned their teams, so I don’t see any issue in their responses. Of which I think they made very fair points.

I still don’t buy into the spirit of the rules nonsense you keep going on about though. It’s either a rule or it isn’t. If the PL were to change the rule beyond this season then I have no issues. I’m not saying what we did is ethical or something that should remain.

The core issue I had all from the beginning is we did something that was legal and the PL send out letters saying they don’t like it. Yet it’s legal? Don’t like it, change the rules.

That’s the crux of the issue and I apologise for bringing in other issues that do not relate.

Nonsense I go on about? I just mentioned the leading football finance expert also brought it up as it actually is in the PL handbook. If you don't want to listen or research the issue that's a shame.

Nonsense I go on about? I just mentioned the leading football finance expert also brought it up as it actually is in the PL handbook. If you don't want to listen or research the issue that's a shame.
At this point I'm confused as to what we're actually arguing about here. The issue throughout this entire conversation is I misled from the beginning regarding my comparisons, fair enough I conceded. I never tried to argue what we did is ethical or within the spirit of the rules.

What we did is use a loophole smartly. If the PL doesn't like it I don't know why they're sending out warning emails, just fix the loophole. That's been my main gripe.

The stuff Everton admitted to was dealt with quickly, the stuff they didn't needs to go through a process. No conspiracy, no favouritism. Just the way things are.

Last edited by a moderator:
Moone Boy Waiting GIF by HULU

Give us our punishment already you jerks.

Something isn't adding up here. Brighton able to spend freely. How is this possible not being part of the cartel?
Weird. I would think the majority of teams in the league will spend £80m plus on new players this summer.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back