Football Department Watch

Remove this Banner Ad

No idea but that is not the point.

It looks like he has been moved on as not being the right fit but it is not a reason to celebrate. There is nothing to celebrate or be happy at.

As supporters, just like the club will, we should just move on.

Well if the rumours are true it is good news, I will be happy with Collins leaving it is clear he wasn't a right fit and was making it hard for players and coaches.

That is a smart arse answer. Your the one telling me that there were rumours. You tell me what they were if you know. If you don't you're creditability is lost.

I had no creditability in the first place..

Link

The Lions have not lost hope they may be able to convince assistant coach Craig McRae to remain in Brisbane. He has been linked to a development role at Collingwood.McRae has cited family reasons for wanting to return to Melbourne but it is well known he struggled to work with Collins.
Collins endorsed the role McRae had played at the club.
"If Craig leaves it will be a significant loss, he was doing a really good job," he said.

From that article - the Lions are about to ink in a new assistant. Hopefully it is someone good. Personally I am hoping Reid has used his contacts to ink in a certain Adelaide player currently coaching in the SANFL GF this weekend.

From that article - the Lions are about to ink in a new assistant. Hopefully it is someone good. Personally I am hoping Reid has used his contacts to ink in a certain Adelaide player currently coaching in the SANFL GF this weekend.

Bassett? that would be a massive win IMO as I've heard he's being courted by quite a few AFL clubs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is a very thoughtful and considered appointment. Woewodin has been building his experience and reputation over the past three years with East Perth. The puzzle for next year is being shaped and now there is so much hope to look forward. If we can unite the playing group, give Hadley five draft picks inside thirty and we can all get back on the
minnesota-wagon-trail-2.jpg

Edit; Woewodin will have intimate knowledge on the young WA draftees in the upcoming Drafts. Expect one or two WA surprises.

Bassett was just a guy I was pushing for I have no idea if we are actually interested in him. If we had interest there is no reason not to continue. Atm we have just replaced Lynch in the assistant numbers. There are still a couple rumoured to be moving and Voss did say he was a couple short in the coaching dept this year.

For me, lethal ran the whole show. This means when voss came in we didn't have the 'usual' setup like most clubs, ie footy department head with the head coach coaching. Voss stepped in not only into this system that he isn't ready for as an inexperienced coach, but the club didn't have the staff in place.

For me, Collins leaving us is the club taking control back and getting us back to the 'usual' setup. Letting voss coach, getting some experience in as a footy dept head and some fresh staff and assistant coaches.

Perhaps Collins had some hard truths for some players, and they didn't like dealing with him instead of voss. We don't really know, but there is not job for him under the new way the club is going. So far I have loved everything the club has done, including our new midfield coach. Can't way to see who we get for our footy department head.

Remove this Banner Ad

Football Department Watch

Remove this Banner Ad

Back