Football (Round Ball) Thread...

Remove this Banner Ad

Hopefully our attack continues to find the net against Japan
Unfortunately I predict Japan 3:0. They are a top side with top European based players.

Our problem is the same as the Crows. Midfield. Thats where we need a massive improvement.

Unfortunately I predict Japan 3:0. They are a top side with top European based players.

Our problem is the same as the Crows. Midfield. Thats where we need a massive improvement.
Nah our problems are everywhere.

We can't score goals, struggle to stop them AND we struggle in midfield

The good news is that Australia is in second place. Those first 2 matches may prove significant. Australia needs to put in a massive effort against Japan next week. We need at least a draw. Popovic, I hope is a good strategic planner and needs to blunt the most powerful attack in Asia.

As a Glasgow Celtic fan, they have Dazen Maeda and Reo Hatate in the Japanese squad. They are barely bench players yet standouts in Scotland. Kyogo who is Scotland's top goal scorer can't get a place in this squad. Thats how strong it is.

Last edited:

We play Japan next week in a qualifier. Hard to believe its 2009 the last time Australia beat Japan.
They haven't been able to defeat Japan in the last nine meetings, with Japan winning six of them and the rest being drawn.
:(

Japan v. Australia 🇦🇺 9pm Tuesday 15 Oct 2024

I'm just reading that C10 will not broadcast this match, and it will only be on Paramount +. A terrible programing decision considering there is nothing major on at that time.

Surely if advertised well it's a rating bonus.

Japan v. Australia 🇦🇺 9pm Tuesday 15 Oct 2024

I'm just reading that C10 will not broadcast this match and it will only be on Paramount +. A terrible programing discission considering there is nothing major on at that time.

Surely if advertised well it's a rating bonus.
Ch10 and Paramount have destroyed the game in this country, or at least help it on its way

25 minutes into the match and still 0:0. Craig Goodwin on the bench appears strange.

Japan doing most of the attacking. :(
Assume Goodwin used as a sub... as trying to keep use different players with short turnaround.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Japan concedes an own goal at the 58-minute mark.

Excited Season 3 GIF by The Simpsons

Remove this Banner Ad

Football (Round Ball) Thread...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back