Footy Classified 2009 - OUT Archer IN Thomas

Remove this Banner Ad

For a second there I thought the title of this thread was "Footy Classified 2009 - OUT" and I wasn't surprised. They were struggling with coming after On The Couch, sharing many of the same talking points and looking second to the punch. That was obviously behind the switch to Sunday nights, but I don't think that worked either... I almost always forgot it was on and missed it entirely.

I'm not sure it even works as a Monday night show. Monday night is the right time for a review show of the weekend's games, not Sunday, but I'm not sure that should be FC's role anyway. Caro and Hutchy are clearly more happy ignoring onfield stuff and getting stuck into gossip about boards, coaches and occasionally the AFL. Perhaps a move to a Tuesday or Wednesday would be better, so they wouldn't have to maintain the pretence of caring about the actual games.

Arch was good in that he was us.

Grant will be good in that he'll stir the pot but he's still an arseh*le.

I didn't mind having someone on I didn't hate.

Arch was doomed to fail unfortuneatly. Im not the biggest fan of Grant either, my preference for a replacement would be out of Dermie, Spud Frawley or Nathan Buckley.

archer was embarrassingly dumb on footy/c, has to be asked a question like hes a kid as hes too stupid to understand the others, just looks open-mouthed at them waiting to join in with the adults.

thomas will be better to watch, no doubt, smarter and stronger opinions even if he is a w***er.

great call, couldnt have said it better myself:thumbsu:

Arch was doomed to fail unfortuneatly. Im not the biggest fan of Grant either, my preference for a replacement would be out of Dermie, Spud Frawley or Nathan Buckley.

Dermie would be alright actually. He's not afraid to go the verbal biff with anyone. Frawley would precede every statement with 'When I was a senior coach..' So no for him. Buckley is on the wrong station but would be insightful. A shame.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

100 per cent correct, poor old Arch, but Thommo! will all those egos be able to sit around the same table and discuss, or will it become blood letting. Might do Caro good to be challenged on some of her character assasinations. OMG Thommo, so self righteous, but then again, he can at least speak, which Arch could not do.

By all accounts Thomas disliked Caro strongly during his reign as St Kilda dictator and Thomas still carries a grudge after Caro got him boned from The Age.

Didn't Cornflakes get the sack from the Sunday Age because Caro didn't like something he'd written about her ?

Yes... Cornflakes knows how to hold a grudge too.

Whilst he will also offer opinions on footy, his primary aim will be to discredit, slag off and take issue with pretty much everything Caro says, writes, and has written in the past.

Those who like a bit of verbal biffo will enjoy it, others will switch off most likely.

Agree Archer had to go, he had the personality of an axe handle and was as articulate as Geroge 'Dubya' Bush.

I dislike Thomas, I reckon he's an arrogant snob, but his views are sharp and controversial - the perfect fit for Footy Classified which had tended towards lame this year.

Redb

Personally, id still rather see an ex-player as the fourth panellist, i.e. someone like Hird, or even have rotating current 'senior' players, than someone like Thomas. Just get pissed off when i look at him, doesn't even have to say anything.
Hird doesnt have a bad thing to say about anyone and wont speak his mind which will become as boring as Archer after a while.Thomas speaks his mind and isnt afraid to say what he thinks and coming up on the same panel as Caro is bound to produce fireworks as well which will create interesting viewing

Hird doesnt have a bad thing to say about anyone and wont speak his mind which will become as boring as Archer after a while.Thomas speaks his mind and isnt afraid to say what he thinks and coming up on the same panel as Caro is bound to produce fireworks as well which will create interesting viewing

Scotty Maclaren and Rohan Connolly would disagree with that. And at least Hird is quite an articulate and polished media performer. But I think the problem is that he's also got a real job and hence probably doesn't have time to sit around watching Wilson and Hutchence get excited about who's the biggest muckraker in their particular sad little cesspool.

Remove this Banner Ad

Footy Classified 2009 - OUT Archer IN Thomas

Remove this Banner Ad

Back