Footy Classified 2009 - OUT Archer IN Thomas

Remove this Banner Ad

So we get to hear 'St Kilda are the only team that can challenge Hawthorn...' for a year?

Oh joy.

That sounds pretty good to me. :)

Seriously though even I cringe when Thomas starts talking about St Kilda, he is clearly still bitter about his axing and comes across as desperate to hang on to some sort of influence there. Provided he doesn't keep banging on about the Saints too much he may not actually be a bad replacement for Archer, as he always throws up some interesting, left field opinions. Let's face it a shop store dummy would probably be an improvement on Arch so Thomas certainly couldn't be any worse.

FC is equal 2nd worst football program with CH7 Sunday Show. Thurs night Footy Show is clearly the shittest. Might watch FC though if Thomas is on. Archer's problem was he was mute. Hutchy is a pr...........

Hird doesnt have a bad thing to say about anyone and wont speak his mind which will become as boring as Archer after a while.Thomas speaks his mind and isnt afraid to say what he thinks and coming up on the same panel as Caro is bound to produce fireworks as well which will create interesting viewing
Well, he did that one time.......cost him $20k, wasn't it?

Whoever it is, Carey set a precedent for that spot on that show; must be arrogant and opinionated. We know that now.

Thomas would be arrogant enough, but I'd be more inclined to listen to someone who's actually done the hard yards and/or has had some sustained success in the game. He coached a list that at that stage anybody could have coached, didn't deliver the ultimate success and has since spent his time whining in the background. He is ridiculous. Does anybody recall the 'Pavlich is selfish' comments?

Despite all the crap that's gone on, I'd still take 60 minutes out and listen to anything Carey has to say about the game. He made a lot of sense and didn't show any bias. A good media performer, shame about the personal problems. I wish he could return if he sorted everything out, probably wont happen though.

id like to see Sheedy take on the role. He would be fantastic.

The comment about Archer with the dumb child look on his face sums it up prefectly.

When a bloke is playing, he doesnt have to say much for him to be called interesting or a talent and therefore he becomes overrated for media.

Oxx was declared a talent in the television industry simply by saying 'I dont rate Fremantle'

I remember Greg Williams trying to give an interview on 3AW where he seemed to struggle to put a sentence together and them saying what a great interview it was.

Josh Fraser memorised his managers answers and Gary Lyon wrote a piece on how impressive he was.

Look at the blokes who get a Gig on the Footy Show.

If Thomas does in fact replace Arch I think we'll see it change to a more thinking mans program. Archer didnt really add another dimension to the show when he came on board, I like the guy but imho he struggled to find his role..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The newspaper editors would be loving it if Thomas jumped on board. He'd provide them with a page of ridiculous stories every Tuesday morning after the show.

Archer was their insight into the player perspective. There will be a big difference between having Archer, only a year out of footy, and having the most recently retired panellist being Gary Lyon.

Archer was their insight into the player perspective.

Doesn't speak volumes about what's going on up top for most players, sadly...

tumbleweed.jpg

Bring on GT. Fence sitters = crap telly.

Glenn 'Me no speaka de english' Archer ... Did he actually finish school beyond grade 2 ?
What a berk, great player, but he was hopeless on FC.

Caro should go to, not cause she's a woman, but because she's a moron who constantly likes to gossip and IMHO make up stories to suit her own agenda (IE about Carlton having salary cap problems this year, what a load of crap that was)

Grant Thomas doesnt hold back as we have gotten to know more this year from his radio work so he would be a good replacement.

Dr Turf on SEN this morning seemed pretty confident that Grant Thomas would replace Arch on Footy Classified next year, citing unnamed "sources" within the industry.

Thomas would be a huge improvement over Arch, mainly because he will speak during the show and express opinions... regardless of how baseless or dripping with personal animosity they actually are.

IMO this would make pretty good viewing given the adversarial relationship that exists between Caro and Cornflakes. By all accounts Thomas disliked Caro strongly during his reign as St Kilda dictator and Thomas still carries a grudge after Caro got him boned from The Age.

Would a more adversarial show format interest anyone else?

Have two words ever sat so uncomfortably in the same sentence?

Remove this Banner Ad

Footy Classified 2009 - OUT Archer IN Thomas

Remove this Banner Ad

Back