Footy Classified : Glenn Archer's stats

Remove this Banner Ad

i imagine tunnelling is gonna get treated the same way as that tackle that was adopted from the NRL - i forgot the name...

where the player getting tackled is lifted and turned upside down and dropped on his head

Spear Tackling.

The problem with policing tunnelling is its hard to say who is at fault or whether it's intentional when not watching a replay

No point quoting all the replies, but thanks to all who answered my question. I reckon I noticed a bit of that sort of tactic creeping in last year actually. I'm sort of back and forth on it but I think it'll be ok. Riewoldt's a star. He'll be wise to it next time, and have a plan in place.

Rubbish. 3 Minutes at most.

Might have been the Johnson + Melbourne issues, but regardless, the length of time he just stood there staring at the other three panelists for a good portion of the show.

Improved as the show went on though, and he might turn out to be a better panelist than I initially thought he'd be.

No point quoting all the replies, but thanks to all who answered my question. I reckon I noticed a bit of that sort of tactic creeping in last year actually. I'm sort of back and forth on it but I think it'll be ok. Riewoldt's a star. He'll be wise to it next time, and have a plan in place.

I wouldn't have thought it a very easy thing to counter - so long as he jumps up, he's susceptible to being tunneled. It'd be kind of like trying to counter a push in the back.

On spear tackles, the dangers of "tunneling" would be pretty similar, in that guys would be hitting the ground hard without any control of how they're going to land. I honestly think it's a non-issue at the moment, but if it were to become a problem, the only way to counter it would be to bring in rules, you would think (although it would be a rule very much open to interpretation).

Tunnelling isn't a tactic IMO, it's just happens inadvertently when the leading forward jumps and the defender is trying to get them under the ball.

Great, now that the media have bought attention to this non-issue, the rules commitee would come up with some bullshit rule and the same people would complain that these new rules are ****ing up the game. :rolleyes:

Was very quiet early and got tagged out of it but had an oustanding last quater. Really lifted his game and managed to over-all put in a decent performance.

I think he has potential and if he could just put in a four quater effort he'de get a few more raps.

20 minute mark.
Approx. 30 words.
15 hand gestures.

Having a quiet day. Needs to lift his workrate.

Champion bloke, not made for TV.

Could be worse though, could have Ricky Olarenshaw (sp?) speaking at 100 words per minute with about 10% effictiveness/elegibility.
Gee with those stats you wouldnt want him in your dreamteam would you?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Footy Classified : Glenn Archer's stats

Remove this Banner Ad

Back